Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: 2011 event itinerary

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
Gettin’ back on the horse

Default 2011 event itinerary

Friday July 15, 2011
6:00pm Event site opens to drivers.
7:30pm event site closes for the day.
8:00pm dinner and tech inspection at Old Chicago by event hotel (under the name Crawler).

Saturday July 16th, 2011
7:30am judges meeting
8:00am finish tech inspection
8:30am drivers meeting
8:45am open all 2.2 courses
11:00am-3:00pm raffle (while courses are open)
12:00pm judges lunch break.
3:00pm top five finals course
4:00pm 2.2 awards

Sunday July 17th 2011
8:00am judges meeting
8:30am 1.9 and super courses open*
10:30am Scale challenge courses open*
12:00pm judges lunch break
4:00pm Scale, 1.9 and Super awards

* Those drivers that are running 1.9, super and scale on sunday will be responsible for their own time management. It is suggested to finish the 1.9 and super courses before beginning scale courses. However please try to make the scale course briefing and walk through. Plan for 1-2 hours at a time for each scale course for you and your partner to run.

The schedule is subject to change, but otherwise should run pretty closely to this.

Last edited by TURTLE; 07-12-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

is there going to be a judges meeting?
Old 07-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by James003 View Post
is there going to be a judges meeting?
I totally spaced it! Thanks for the reminder, it has been added.

Also if judges are interested we can do it at the hotel late friday night after the dinner, if not the morning it is.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I vote for Friday night just to get it out of the way. But I guess that will depend on if Paul wants to stay or not.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

thanks Ty, I think in the morning is just fine.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
I totally spaced it! Thanks for the reminder, it has been added.

Also if judges are interested we can do it at the hotel late friday night after the dinner, if not the morning it is.
Dont think i will be around friday night.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Morning judges meeting works for me. I don't think I could make it to anything Friday.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

3.1 - USRCCA recognizes that some clubs may need to amend the USRCCA Rules to accommodate their terrain and group size at a local level. These rules changes shall be posted in event notifications, and clearly communicated to all competitors prior to competition. Multi-Club events that are Non-USRCCA Events are encouraged to run as strict
USRCCA Rules as possible. All USRCCA Sanctioned Events are required to strictly follow USRCCA Rules. Any rules exception for sanctioned events must be pre-approved by the USRCCA Rules Committee. All major events shall have a minimum of three (3) Marshals. These Marshals shall be announced at the drivers meeting before any courses are ran. Event Marshals should be whenever possible members of the USRCCA Rules Committee.

Marshals need to be in attendance for the duration of the event. Any rule changes necessary due to conditions specific to an event must be decided and voted upon by Event Marshals. Any questions on discrepancy of the rules or scoring shall only be handled and voted on by Event Marshals. All courses shall be inspected by all of the Event Marshals with the course designer prior to the start of the event. Courses may open after the Event Marshals have given approval.

Who are the Event Marshals?

There are at least 7 RC members signed up.

Also John Ripplinger and I will be at the Hotel for an "un-official" judges meeting/ rules questions

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 07-12-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post

Who are the Event Marshals?

There are at least 7 RC members signed up.

Also John Ripplinger and I will be at the Hotel for an "un-official" judges meeting/ rules questions
This is a question for Patrick, he is in charge of everything related to judging and Marshals. All I have done is relay the schedule Patrick, Jason and myself set forth.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

I talked to Patrick yesterday when he called to confirm that I'm still going to be there and judge. He told me that he will announce the marshalls before the comps starts. This follows the rules you just quoted.

Why do we need an unofficial judges meeting when we are having an official judges meeting the morning of the comp? Why not just handle all of this then? If some of the judges can't make friday night you'll wind up having to repeat what you talk about on Friday again on Saturday morning.

Last edited by James003; 07-13-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:16 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by James003 View Post
Why do we need an unofficial judges meeting when we are having an official judges meeting the morning of the comp? Why not just handle all of this then? If some of the judges can't make friday night you'll wind up having to repeat what you talk about on Friday again on Saturday morning.
At most of the big comps John and I go to we inevitably get drawn into a "RULES" discussion with one or more judges. Sometimes guys have question they don't want ask in front of everyone or the don't want to hold up the days events. It seems that these impromptu discussions yield positive results.

John and I are simply announcing we are available if anyone has any questions. If you don't think you will benefit from these discussions then no worries see you Saturday

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 07-13-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

ah ok, that makes sense. I'm usually one who has a rules question, so I do hope to make it Friday to hear what you guys have to say....but I do hope it'll get repeated on Saturday for all to hear.