Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: Fire!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Fire!!!!!

I got an email from the manager of the hotel we used this weekend. She stated that the fire was someone from our group. The name the front desk gave was not on our list. She would not elaborate further, but stated that from this point forward they would not have anything to do with any event RC car related.

So..................

Did anyone actually fess up to this? I really don't care that they do don't want us back, but our good name as RC enthusiasts is tarnished. If it was someone in our group, just PM me. I will not press the Hotel further. Shit happens. But if it was not, I don't want our rep to be tarnished and I will swing by the Hotel when I am back in Tucson for work later this week.

Thanks
Ted

PS, if it was, buy a LIPO sack, and don't charge batteries when your not there.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Fire!!!!!

David Rice Jones was the name we were given. They were charging lipos while downstairs eating breakfast, went to the room and the key didn't work. Staff opened to see a cloud of smoke. He was in room 311. Then he was given a new room and then fleed the scene.

Way to take responsibilty for your actions. If anyone knows who this person is please post up. Accidents are forgiveable but fleeing is not. Some of our stuff was ruined (water damage from being directly below in room 211). Room 111 was a nice guy with a bully viper rig who also suffered water damage to personal belongings.

Someone please just man up and apologize already.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

And just to show the difference in how people conduct themselves.

My wife hauled ass back to the hotel, cleared all our shit by herself to our new room (not a big girl by any means). Then waited to make sure that our neighbors (Jeremy Toney and Jeremy Hansen) didn't have damage. Well, the water made it to JeremyH's room and she lugged all his shit by herself to his new room (after calling me to put him on the phone for hotel permission to get his belongings). She also would not leave the hotel until she was assured that the hotel would call Jeremy Toney and anyone else nearby as soon as water got to their room.

Hope that makes the fire starter feel even better.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

ya gotta love sh!tb@gs, i cant believe the guy would duck out like that. Does the hotel have his personal info, cc # or some way to get ahold of him.

4X: i think you owe the ol' lady now
Old 01-23-2012, 11:28 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted4lyf View Post

4X: i think you owe the ol' lady now
I think a lot of people owe her. She was the only one that went back to the hotel to check on things after we heard about the fire out of 50+ people. And was the only source of reliable information.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:50 PM   #6
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
I think a lot of people owe her. She was the only one that went back to the hotel to check on things after we heard about the fire out of 50+ people. And was the only source of reliable information.
You're a lucky man to have her Shelby. Plus her work and info on the problem was great. The thing that I was bothered by was I never got a phone call about my room. I know for a fact that a driver from a couple doors down got a call, but myself and another stand up driver never got a call when this fire happened. And yes, both of us gave them phone numbers to call.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
I know that I do! I cant thank her enough for going and moving my shit for me.

I was thinking about this situation last night.....I find it very hard to believe that there is not a credit card on file for this room. If they have that info, no matter for what occupant, then they should be able to track down this person.

I know that it is difficult for them to separate this one person from our group, but I certainly hope this hotel realizes that we, as a group, are not to blame for this accident (then criminal activity).

Any updates Ted?
Old 01-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #8
RCC Addict

There's not a video of that person checking in?
Old 01-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #9
R.I.P. Chip

My post in here was lost in the crash.

So the hotel has no idea who they rented a room to? No name, no credit card, no id, nothing? Something doesn't sound right.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #10
RCC Addict

They told me (front desk clerk) they moved the guy into another room. They have his info, and he continued to stay at the Hotel. I just wanted to make sure the management was aware that our group was not involved with this fire. I was hoping if it was someone they would PM me on the down low and I would not press this issue further with the Hotel. I have sent another email out, but no response from the Hotel, so at this point I feel they are just washing their hands of the whole situation. I am sure their insurance is covering everything including the loss of use of every room that was wet at full price. They probably will make money on the deal in the end.

It was more the point that I wanted them to know we were a group of Pro level ( yeah I know me pro level, ha) drivers participating in a National Event. Safety is our very first concern.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #11

There was slot of peoples belongings ruined in the hotel. And they are now giving me crap about replacing my charger and drill that was soaked. So, from room 111 to dumb ass can't read a warning label guy:twisted the Rc gods will not be nice too you any longer. And my girlfriend, who also had to move all of our soaked belongings from one side of the hotel to the other, says at least apologize for the inconvenience. So the hotel knows what's really up.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfabguy View Post
And they are now giving me crap about replacing my charger and drill that was soaked.
Do they still work??? Insurance companies know that if dried out and not allowed to be plugged in until dry, they are still functional.(ask me how I know)

Oh and what was the reason they listed for not covering your stuff??

Fire!!!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My First Fire hibbs Electronics 2 01-17-2012 07:45 PM
Fire Fire Fire Lumpmister Chit Chat 7 06-25-2007 09:10 PM
I'm on fire!!!!! ColquittCustom405 Chit Chat 4 01-25-2007 04:09 PM
He's on fire! ColquittCustom405 Chit Chat 2 05-11-2006 11:22 PM
F1 fire up Scattman Chit Chat 1 04-24-2006 09:53 PM