RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Past RCCA qualifiers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/past-rcca-qualifiers/)
-   -   Gettin' Southern Showdown! ~OCOEE WHITE WATER CENTER~ (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/past-rcca-qualifiers/451838-gettin-southern-showdown-%7Eocoee-white-water-center%7E.html)

Mariner 07-09-2013 06:22 PM

Re: Gettin' Southern Showdown! ~OCOEE WHITE WATER CENTER~

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING (Post 4392285)
Mmm gay butt sex.

Chris, do we need to talk?

ROWDY RACING 07-09-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mariner (Post 4392484)
Chris, do we need to talk?

Only if forcible sodomy is your thing.

Colby 07-09-2013 07:52 PM

North Ga in the blue ridge mountains is where they filmed deliverance, so you never know :flipoff:

rockpayne 07-09-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishmaxx (Post 4392183)
I know there is no camping inside the W hiter Water Center, so you will have to go offsite. (At least 10 mile by what I am seeing) Also thats black bear country....some local knowledge maybe helpful.

There are some really cheap cabins close by that can sleep 8-10 easily.

CopperHill Country Cabins

I have personally stayed in Cabin #1

Primitive tent camping is available at Thunder Rock campground just a mile or so past the WWC and 40 minutes from the WWC in Murphy NC is plenty of motels, I can see if I can get one of them to do a discounted rate for competitors "thumbsup" "thumbsup"

Colby 07-09-2013 10:56 PM

Forgot to post Tedrockz's logo! Here it is!!

Alcrawler 07-10-2013 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadlySwan (Post 4392165)
Sounds good man. Where are you going to camp at?

Thanks guys "thumbsup" but looks like the rules will be blocking that though.

Thunder Rock Campground

sddill 07-10-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcrawler (Post 4392994)
Thunder Rock Campground

We all stayed there one year for ECC it was great...Might see if I can talk a bunch of the TN guys into staying there again or at least hang out by the campfire till late...."thumbsup""thumbsup"

Szczerba 07-10-2013 12:06 PM

Sounds like a cool evet and looks like a awesome area.

Crawlapalooza is the weekend before this comp. Decisions.

ROWDY RACING 07-10-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Szczerba (Post 4393328)
Crawlapalooza is the weekend before this comp.

Qualifiers need to be spread out BG and NENQ suffered from this as well.

Grimreeper 07-10-2013 10:03 PM

I think it started with us just shootin the breeze and talking about some random things and then all of the sudden there was a 8 page long thread that everyone wants to come to. The date may cause some problems but I guess everyone cant be happy all of the time. I was talking to Colby today and my advise was do what works for you. Thats the beauty of putting on a comp. Everyone that wants to come will make it happen. "thumbsup" I am sure he is glad to see all of the encouragement and advise though.

Colby 07-11-2013 09:13 AM

Well i do know that crawlapalooza wasnt a qualifier last year.. And theres only 1 thread about it with a possible date which is the weekend before my comp. thats fine, i targeted the southeast with this comp. im pretty sure the only people who have ever been to battlegrounds that plans on attending my comp is fish and or if the Arkansas guys planned on coming. Im on the hook for the money now as far as the qualifier goes so ive got my spot

Szczerba 07-11-2013 09:18 AM

Don't worry about it being close to Crawlapalooza. I am just the nut job that would like to attend both! "thumbsup"

ROWDY RACING 07-11-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimreeper (Post 4394011)
I think it started with us just shootin the breeze and talking about some random things and then all of the sudden there was a 8 page long thread that everyone wants to come to. The date may cause some problems but I guess everyone cant be happy all of the time. I was talking to Colby today and my advise was do what works for you. Thats the beauty of putting on a comp. Everyone that wants to come will make it happen. "thumbsup" I am sure he is glad to see all of the encouragement and advise though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colby (Post 4394414)
Well i do know that crawlapalooza wasnt a qualifier last year.. And theres only 1 thread about it with a possible date which is the weekend before my comp. thats fine, i targeted the southeast with this comp. im pretty sure the only people who have ever been to battlegrounds that plans on attending my comp is fish and or if the Arkansas guys planned on coming. Im on the hook for the money now as far as the qualifier goes so ive got my spot

Don't take my comments out of context.

At BG I was told by several people they would attend BG and NENQ if they were not so close together. At NENQ I was told the same thing about BG. This does'nt effect locals but it does effect those of us that travel to all these events, and it hurts the numbers for the events. Its better to think about the success of USRCCA comps as a whole, not just the ones you are organizing or attending. This is'nt directed directly at Colby, but anyone planning on organizing or attending USRCCA comps.

Harvo 07-14-2013 06:40 AM

Colby... I'm going to try and get your information and paperwork stuffs from the park office early this week so I can send it to you.

Just curious, what are the minimum and maximum numbers of attendees you are shooting for?

Colby 07-14-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvo (Post 4398006)
Colby... I'm going to try and get your information and paperwork stuffs from the park office early this week so I can send it to you.

Just curious, what are the minimum and maximum numbers of attendees you are shooting for?

Thanks! I really appreciate the help with that "thumbsup"

I would say from what I have seen i expect 20-40 drivers. Hopefully more of course "thumbsup"

Colby 07-14-2013 07:08 PM

OTTSIX has stepped up and has offered something awesome for each driver in attendance. :twisted: You will have to wait until the comp to see what it is. Everyone please take a minute and thank Team OTTSIX for taking care of each driver at the Gettin' Southern Showdown "thumbsup"

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/membe...2138-46050.jpg

greencrawler 07-14-2013 07:15 PM

Thanks to all the vendors and great people stepping up to make this a great event!! This sport wouldn't be where it's at today if not for your support!!

Alcrawler 07-14-2013 07:30 PM

Thank's to all the vendors and folks that's getting this event together. I know I'm wasn't able to make it to BA or any of the other events that's several hours way so this is great for me "thumbsup" Thanks for keeping the sport moving forwards!!!

cliff1119 07-14-2013 09:45 PM

Awesome work guys cant wait for this comp, thanks to Colby an all the sponsors for such a great event!!!

M_ENERGY 07-14-2013 11:16 PM

Its awesome to see vendors already involved. THANKS GUYS!!