Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: Raceway Hobbies Grand Re-opening!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Raceway Hobbies Grand Re-opening!!

I'm proud to announce that Raceway Hobbies will be re-opening it's doors on Saturday June 14th at a new location, 103 Dutch Hollow Rd.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/103+dut...d+Smithton+Pa/

There will be free food and giveaways

Hours will be the same as before; M-F, 11-7 & Sat, 10-6

There will be an indoor & outdoor crawling area plus a carpet track

Hope to see ya there!

Here's a few pics of the indoor area:

Thank you for your support,
Matt "Crawln" Coles
Crawln Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2008, 07:44 PM   #2

Glad to see you guys back in action! -from the guy with the orange Colorado!
therigliveson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:57 PM   #3
RCC Addict

nice, its about that time for scale speed to make a move too...
4stAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:58 AM   #4

Wow, perfect timing! I used to see your billboards on Rt 70 and on 136 all the time, but didn't have an RC car at the time. Then the signs disappeared so I obviously assumed you closed up. I recently bought an AX10 and was kind of bummed that there was no place local anymore to pick up things I'd need. Are you the guys that used to be in a plaza in New Stanton?
Is the new location right by Andy's tire where the Victory shop was? Good luck with everything, if I need anything at all, I'll stop and see you guys first
Welby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

They are the same...

Raceway Hobbies is a Supporting Hobby Shop for W.Pa.C. . Go check out the club website and register...

John
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #6

Thanks for the link, I registered.... I have no plans on competing, but would be interested in meeting up with some people now and then for some unofficial crawling.... I bought an E-Maxx in March but decided it wasn't really what I wanted, so I sold it off and bought an AX10 (Big surprise, eh?). I finished building it and am real happy with how it came out, but it's not in running shape because I'm waiting for a Castlelink to come in (Should be here by Wednesday, I would think). I snooped the board alot and used a few of the tips and tricks on lowering the CG. Can't wait to run it, but it looks so nice that I don't want to bang it up... Oh well, I'll get over it ;)
Old 06-10-2008, 08:12 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welby View Post
Wow, perfect timing! I used to see your billboards on Rt 70 and on 136 all the time, but didn't have an RC car at the time. Then the signs disappeared so I obviously assumed you closed up. I recently bought an AX10 and was kind of bummed that there was no place local anymore to pick up things I'd need. Are you the guys that used to be in a plaza in New Stanton?
Is the new location right by Andy's tire where the Victory shop was? Good luck with everything, if I need anything at all, I'll stop and see you guys first

Welcome buddy. And yes we're in the old Victory/Polaris shop. Stop by anytime for some un-official crawling. Once you meet all the guys/girls you may wanna compete, it's pretty fun and we're all pretty laid back

We also have an offroad track at the Smithton Hole. Can't wait to meet ya, and go scratch up that Axial!!

Matt "Crawln" Coles
Old 06-14-2008, 07:17 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I just wanna thank everybody that showed up today. I was a great time.
Thanks to Mayhem for the nice wheels, and congats to CJ for taking home the win!
Here's a few pics:
Go CJ

Hazzy choosing his line

My Berg tuber

Look at Prez go!

Mayhems in stock!

CJ (Rockbound) & his 1st place beadlocks. Thanks again Mayhem!

Can't wait to do it again :tmbup:
Old 06-14-2008, 08:34 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the hospitality Coles and Delray...

Nice place and great for expanding the hobby.

Hey you got Mz_Rckcrwlr and the girls to run RC...that alone was a huge accomplishment.

Your course helped me decide the next direction I am going....Thanks...
Old 06-15-2008, 01:53 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Talking Great turn out!

Hey guys, I had a blast at the shop yesterday. Special Thanks goes out to Mayhem for donating a set of killer comp 2.2's to the winner of Raceways 1st indoor comp crawl/Grand Re-opening. That was kick @ss! Thanks coles for the foxes pizza,I live off that sheaat The Baja's were fun as hell. Lets all get together again here soon.
Stick King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:55 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Wished I hadn't missed it. I'll let CJ keep ahold of those wheels for me!

The shop looks really nice in the photos. You guys really need to get an indoor series set-up. WPAC, Raceway, Freddies.
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:30 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Carnac the Magnificant says

" I see a curcuit of Raceway, The Crawl Space and Freddies...
Old 06-16-2008, 03:30 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Congrats to CJ on his win, hope you like the wheels. The new shop looks like it's gonna be a big hit. If I can help let me know. We can set you up with more wheels if you need. We were pushed for time on this shippment.

Mayhem Eng.
Mayhem Eng. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:38 AM   #14

Been wheeling with CJ before, long time ago. With Badassjeepguy, Flimmy, etc. etc. Always kind of felt like a third wheel and that I was just "there" because I wasn't good friends with any of them, but it was still fun regardless. Went to Big Dogs in Gore in '02 and more than a few trips to Creek Hills and Wellsville. Have a few great pics of CJ in his YJ and BAJG getting themselves wedged into a huge crack in Wellsville, back when BAJG had his TJ in mostly stock looking form on 38's 39.5 TSL's....
Seeing that I just can't afford to wheel full size anymore, that's why I'm getting into the 1/10th stuff. At least I can get some sort of wheeling "fix" in. I do miss it.

Last edited by Welby; 06-17-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:15 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

I wouldnt mind making it to one of your guys comps. Id like to put my GC2 to the test once I put new axles under it

Looks like fun
Hildy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 07:06 AM   #16

Cool raceway hobbies

great shop, has alotta potential, couldnt ask for a better group of guys to hang with ( even you kinger) lol!!! GOTCHA! Matt has got me convinced on getting a rock crawler... as im old school having to relearn everything i THOUGHT i knew bout R/Cs in general. New carpet track is great. Im looking forward to the Outdoor nitro track full tilt next season. and getting serious bout this rock crawling thing. Anyone can sell ya a kit, but these guys go way above just SALES, they are great techs, willing to help you from the ground up no matter what your budget is. Good Luck with the new shop!
stumplifter is offline   Reply With Quote