Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: Any western Pennsylvania crawlers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2006, 03:16 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Any western Pennsylvania crawlers?

I am really intrested in this, and want to get together with some crawlers when I get my truck. Anyone in my area?:?
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #2
MODERATOR™

Is Columbus, Ohio too far?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:31 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Crawlers Unite !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy
I am really intrested in this, and want to get together with some crawlers when I get my truck. Anyone in my area?:?
Yes we are out here. I have a Clod/Gecko Pro, and a Maxx crawler that's under construction. I also have a few friends who have crawlers, and some customers whose rigs are under construction. I work at/own Raceway Hobbies in New Stanton and we are proud sponsers of crawling. I want to build a small course at our track, and I'm trying to organize a comp or get together at www.ParogonPark.com. What kind of rig do you have.
Crawln Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:36 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawln Coles
Yes we are out here. I have a Clod/Gecko Pro, and a Maxx crawler that's under construction. I also have a few friends who have crawlers, and some customers whose rigs are under construction. I work at/own Raceway Hobbies in New Stanton and we are proud sponsers of crawling. I want to build a small course at our track, and I'm trying to organize a comp or get together at www.ParogonPark.com. What kind of rig do you have.
No rig yet, as I'm in the research fase right now. I believe I talked to you a couple of months back when I stopped in the shop and was asking about the classes that run down at Smithton Hole. That is great to hear that there may be some crawling comps going on around my area. Where is Parogon Park? And, what do you guys run for rigs? Really curious about all of this.
I looked into getting a stadium buggy for a while, buy yhe whole race track thing didn't really excite me much......But crawling is totally different for me! I love to watch the big trucks do it, and this is a way for the everyday guy to get into a form of it, without spending $40,000 for a amature rig. Where do you normally crawl at?
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:33 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Thumbs up

I usually crawl wherever I can! I have some small to medium rock in my yard that I collected. Bear Rocks is a good place not to far away. Most municipal buildings or local road crews have nice piles of rock the use for repairs or whatever. That's where I get most of my crawlin done.The majority of us have clods with either a Gecko or Stick chassis. I have a Maxx Tuber that's under construction and I have two modded Nylints a 1/6 and a 1/18, and I just built some maxx axles for a friends project.

Paragon Park is in Hazelton, Pa about a two hour drive from New Stanton. I would like to arrange a comp or get together with locals and guys I meet on this forum. Hopefully this summer there will be a rock course at our track. I will have to bring all the rocks in, but I have access to heavy equipment so there shoudn't be any problem with that. Do you know what kind of rig your gonna build and if so how much have you gotten done. I have an extra chassis and some links, and I'll have an extra tuber whenever it gets here. I'm rreally into crawlin too. And I try to get as many people involved as possible. So we can have regular get togethers.
Crawln Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:39 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

I crawl whenever i can, one whatever i can!
I've got two 1/6th scale Nylints, and two 1/18th scalers as well. Most of my offroading is done around my college campus, La Roche College in McCandless. Dunno how far that is from New Stanton, but i'd be willing to show you guys some nice areas i've found around here (one of which is only a walk away from me ).

I'm usually there during the week, crawling whenever the weather is nice (which around here seems to be a lot lately...but who's complaining! ).

Any of you guys feel like doing a little get together, let me know; i can bring ya down to LRC for some fun times(not many big rocks, but plenty of challenge for my stock Nylint). PM me here or use my AIM sn (i think it's listed.)
mulletman427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:58 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Thumbs up

i live 10 min. from sharon pa in ohio would like to see something get started in this our area we are cosider starting a course at our house or there is talk about it at our local hobbyshop/racetrack thanks jason
mudslinger74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:07 PM   #8

dammit, im in lebanon county all the way across the state, though i bet if we held a midstate crawl thered be tons of interest from ppl in surrounding sates and PA...if it was midstate, central PA area id been in, i dont wanna go more than an hour though, or around shippensburg would be cool too...
TLT-1Rockin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #9

Default Re: Any western Pennsylvania crawlers?

I live in west newton, & have some good places to crawl, Pm me if you need a place to crawl/trail ride.
bill mossor is offline   Reply With Quote