Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: W.Pa.C. Summer Series Comp #1 (June 10th)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2007, 11:11 AM   #101
Rock Stacker

Thumbs up

Well it looks like you guys had a great turn out despite the complications of pigs.

I'm in the area, next to Kennywood Park, and would love to try and make the next comp. Along with a friend of mine. Anyone else near by?

I've been all over the area driving my truck and have found a few great spots. I like....

-South Park, there is a trail/creek I like going up and down. I like water.

-Ten mile run (might be a different name) but its on Commercial Ave, ajacent to Frick park under the Parkway East. There is plenty of rocks and water hazzards. Yes, more water.

-Ohio Pile, the natuarl water slide area. I went there towards the end of last summer a shot a little video.

I started the video out with a the thought of it being the future Pa crawling area. GUESS WHAT.......IT DID!!!

The prophecy came true. You guys did it!!

Here is the vid....

http://www.sg219.com/downloads/waterslide_crawlin.wmv

I'd like to make the next meet, so if you could post up some directions and/or an address and I'll map it. That would be awesome.

Last edited by sg219; 06-11-2007 at 11:13 AM.
sg219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2007, 11:28 AM   #102
Quarry Creeper

Default robison

robinson next to settlers park of byer run
LEWIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:04 PM   #103
jrn

Sorry i did not make it the hunny to do list was to big to get done just on sat so i could not go and play sunday next time later John
jrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg219 View Post
I've been all over the area driving my truck and have found a few great spots. I like....

-South Park, there is a trail/creek I like going up and down. I like water.

-Ten mile run (might be a different name) but its on Commercial Ave, ajacent to Frick park under the Parkway East. There is plenty of rocks and water hazzards. Yes, more water.

-Ohio Pile, the natuarl water slide area. I went there towards the end of last summer a shot a little video.

I started the video out with a the thought of it being the future Pa crawling area. GUESS WHAT.......IT DID!!!

The prophecy came true. You guys did it!!

Here is the vid....

http://www.sg219.com/downloads/waterslide_crawlin.wmv

I'd like to make the next meet, so if you could post up some directions and/or an address and I'll map it. That would be awesome.
Nice Video.

Make sure the Rules Nazi doesn't see the video...I see some rear steer on that 2.2...
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:24 PM   #105
Pebble Pounder

Looks like a pretty cool time out there.I wish i could have made it.I was kinda ready to go on saturday night.But still kinda banged up alittle
kodiakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:49 PM   #106
I wanna be Dave

Here you go

Last edited by Rckcrwlr; 06-15-2007 at 06:30 AM.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:13 PM   #107
RCC Addict

Man I suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it has something to do with the tennis balls
Crawln Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:50 PM   #108
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr View Post
Nice Video.

Make sure the Rules Nazi doesn't see the video...I see some rear steer on that 2.2...
Um...I see.

Where can I find some rules at? Cause I love my 4WS!!

I'm gonna go cry in the corner now. I gotta disable my 4WS.:-(

EDIT:
If these are the correct rules.....

2007 Usrcca Rules Comittee Updates

Then I'm cool.

Last edited by sg219; 06-11-2007 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

Here you go...

http://www.ab-charles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=341
Old 06-11-2007, 08:52 PM   #110
Rock Stacker

I'm sure this was probably discussed somewhere, but I can't find it.

Why no 4WS in 2.2's? The TLT is built for 4WS and in my opinion, it should be used to its full advantage.

Just wondering.....Thanks

Scalers, I can see the "no 4WS rule". All though some scale trucks do have 4WS.

What's the catch?
Old 06-12-2007, 08:58 PM   #111
RCC Addict

NO 4ws in 2.2 is partly because 2.2 was a common scale class prior to the highlift coming out. It is also due in part of keeping the class simple, and challenging. The TLTs were a nice cheap option to a full on super, and keeping them with 2ws makes it more challenging for the drivers. Digs are outlawed, you can always do that route.

Personally I think 2.2s are more fun as 2ws "spec" class, opening up the rules would lessen the challenge in my opinion. But then again, I run 2ws for a very long time in the super class and did alright with it.

Just remember to compete at a WPAC comp, you need to comply with 07 USRCRC rules, there is a link above to them. 12.5" width and wheelbase, 70% body, and no rear steer. It would need to be fully locked out to pass tech. FYI, but for a simple GTG, run it as is!

Edit: I am curious as to why you feel the TLT is built for 4ws? Not tryin to flame, just honestly curious as to why you feel that way. I can honestly say I never felt my TXT was built for 4ws, so I am trying to see where you are coming from here.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:02 PM   #112
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedcrawler View Post
Edit: I am curious as to why you feel the TLT is built for 4ws? Not tryin to flame, just honestly curious as to why you feel that way. I can honestly say I never felt my TXT was built for 4ws, so I am trying to see where you are coming from here.
The reason is that the axles are made for 4ws. You don't need to modify anything, add anything, buy anything special. Straight out of the box you can run 4ws. Stock kit comes with all the stuff you need.

All 4 knuckles were made to steer and attach to linkage.

If it wasn't made for 4ws, it would be a typical straight axle in the rear.

I know the rules. I understand what I need.

I could see if the truck had to be modified in someway to obtain 4ws, but it doesn't. Thats why I think if you are running TLT alxes, 4ws should be allowed or optional.

Especially since "dig" is allowed. If dig is allowed, so should 4ws. With dig, you are changing the steering of the truck, you're just not moving the rear wheels. Those wheels being locked up, does cause the truck to steer different. Essentially steering the truck or causing it to perform differently.

To sum it up, if the truck can run it out of the box, it should be allowed. Unlike dig, which is an un-natrual modification.

Just my 2 cents.....
Old 06-12-2007, 11:08 PM   #113
Quarry Creeper

Default scores

scores are coming. but u can enjoy these for now
Attached Images

Last edited by LEWIS; 06-12-2007 at 11:15 PM.
LEWIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:17 PM   #114
Rock Stacker

Thumbs up

Awesome pics!!

I was down there today. I ran into Stick King. (I'm pretty thats what he said his SN was)

I was running my truck and he started to recruit me, but I was all ready in.

It was nice down there today, just a few people and plenty of room.

I always get the people that are amazed at what my truck can do. They start asking questions, taking pics, shooting a bit of vid. Kids really take a liking to it.

I assume you guys get the same reaction when you're out and about.

I also went down into town by the trail bridge and ran for a few. I could see it as a spot for the Supers, but not the 2.2's. Rocks are a bit too big.

Edit: Some of the chaulk marks were still there, I tried running thru them a few times. Good course!!

Last edited by sg219; 06-12-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:29 AM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg219 View Post
Awesome pics!!

I was down there today. I ran into Stick King. (I'm pretty thats what he said his SN was)

Oh, now I see. StIck KIng is sand bagging us. Actually me and the wife are going to take the Non Bowtie Car out on Saturday to Ohiopyle. I did some mods to the All-T's and think I fixed the problem. May throw it in the vette and try Saturday. I removed every other tread block. Seems to make the tires more flexible and now there is space between the tread to grab on. We will see. I still have Moabs if need be.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:37 AM   #116
RCC Addict

Quote:
Oh, now I see. StIck KIng is sand bagging us. Actually me and the wife are going to take the Non Bowtie Car out on Saturday to Ohiopyle. I did some mods to the All-T's and think I fixed the problem. May throw it in the vette and try Saturday. I removed every other tread block. Seems to make the tires more flexible and now there is space between the tread to grab on. We will see. I still have Moabs if need be.
Hey there, i chatted with you once or twice via PM a while ago regarding the W.PA.C's. At that time i didn't have a complete rig but now it's done and i'm interested in hangin and crawlin with ya guys. Although my rig isn't comp-worthy due to it's size, it still crawls and keeps up with some of the smaller Rc spiders you guys got. Do you have other comps besides rock crawling, say bashing comps or anything like that? Here are a few picture of my complete rig:

Next to my 1:1 for size comparison:

I also run 2.2 All-T's when crawling:

Specs:
Clod drivetrain
evx esc
integy 55t's
10t pinions
dual 6cell batteries (3600/3700)
17" wb /14" width
14.9 lbs
2.2 all-t's/ nylint tires/narrowed MGT tires

Do you have a website for W.PA.C.?

I am located in Beaver Falls, which is about 40 min north of pittsburgh right on the border of Ohio (rt 51).

Chris
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:46 AM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddeprived View Post
Hey there, i chatted with you once or twice via PM a while ago regarding the W.PA.C's. At that time i didn't have a complete rig but now it's done and i'm interested in hangin and crawlin with ya guys. Although my rig isn't comp-worthy due to it's size, it still crawls and keeps up with some of the smaller Rc spiders you guys got. Do you have other comps besides rock crawling, say bashing comps or anything like that? Here are a few picture of my complete rig:

Specs:
Clod drivetrain
evx esc
integy 55t's
10t pinions
dual 6cell batteries (3600/3700)
17" wb /14" width
14.9 lbs
2.2 all-t's/ nylint tires/narrowed MGT tires

Do you have a website for W.PA.C.?

I am located in Beaver Falls, which is about 40 min north of pittsburgh right on the border of Ohio (rt 51).

Chris
Why do you think you are not comp-worthy? It looks like you would be slotted in the super class...Busted, correct me if I am wrong.

We have a site through the LHS at...

http://www.ab-charles.com/phpBB2/index.php?c=15

I just posted a Proposed GTG for July 1st...if it goes through...there is your opportunity.

John
Old 06-13-2007, 07:59 AM   #118
RCC Addict

Quote:
Why do you think you are not comp-worthy? It looks like you would be slotted in the super class...Busted, correct me if I am wrong.

We have a site through the LHS at...

http://www.ab-charles.com/phpBB2/index.php?c=15

I just posted a Proposed GTG for July 1st...if it goes through...there is your opportunity.

John
Well i didn't build the rig for competing, just bashing so i didn't think it would be comp worthy. Are there any other members with 1:6 rigs who compete?

I'm checking out the site now and registering.
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:41 AM   #119

despite the jerks kicking us out i had mad fun ...im up for a swap meet ,ohioplye was a sweet spot
phat crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:31 AM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Problem with the results...here it is again...