Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: My addiction..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default My addiction..

We all have one I am sure. I love my RC cars.. scalers, crawlers, helis, FWD, RWD 4WD.. we all have one. The one that I can never pass up is the rally cars. I am not sure what it is but I love the RC rally cars. I have a few in my collection now. I have 5 original rally RC cars now. 4 are HPI RS4 rally cars and 1 is a TC3 with rally conversion done. The black impreza and black corolla are both topping new HPI rally cars. The red Evo is topping a lightly used HPI rally. The 206 is topping my hpi that I bash with. The Focus is topping the mint TC3 rally.

Anyone else share this love for rally cars? What car/truck do some of you just have to have?
bnoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I am a Tamiya M-chassis addict.

Crappy cell phone pics of my latest M05

Last edited by cave-man; 01-14-2011 at 02:08 PM.
cave-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave-man View Post
I am a Tamiya M-chassis addict.
You have the M chassis with the Tamiya bB (american xB) body?? I found one alittle over a year ago to paint to match the xB my brother used to have.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

That Corolla is sick.

You coming out tomorrow? I was planning on running 1.9s first.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
That Corolla is sick.

You coming out tomorrow? I was planning on running 1.9s first.

If I dont get off late again.. I didnt get off work till 4am this morning. I got stuck on a DUI. I didnt get my honcho together but I will just bring my stock MRC and run it. 10am right???
Old 01-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnoland View Post
You have the M chassis with the Tamiya bB (american xB) body?? I found one alittle over a year ago to paint to match the xB my brother used to have.

I don't but I would love to see some pics of it.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #7

You should check out the Ken Block version of the gymkhana rally car from Traxxas. It's 1/16 scale but its pretty sweet. Super durable and goes over 50 mph. Great for drifting too. Very balanced.
comes with brushless motor , all waterproof electronics, and two battery bays for parallel hookup for 50+ mph.
Russellx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Here are a couple of crummy cell phone pics. The wheels are some I ordered from genkidoridori.com with stock tires on them.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:22 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellx View Post
You should check out the Ken Block version of the gymkhana rally car from Traxxas. It's 1/16 scale but its pretty sweet. Super durable and goes over 50 mph. Great for drifting too. Very balanced.
comes with brushless motor , all waterproof electronics, and two battery bays for parallel hookup for 50+ mph.
Already have been! I want it so bad, would make for a cool drift car I think. I think I am going to buy my wife the new Xbox with the Kinect thing first though. Keep the wife happy then I can play!!
Old 01-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I have never seen that body I like how the mirrors are part of the body. HPI makes one for the switch(not as detailed as yours), same dimensions as a M-chassis. Scroll all the way down in the link and you can see them. I have been thinking about painting a civic but I might have to do one of the xb's instead.

Last edited by cave-man; 01-14-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

The mirrors are a nice touch, tamiya always has good accessories with their cars.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

i dont have one!

but i have been podering the fact of getting a 4wd rally car
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:57 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

That TC3 Focus is slick! Where'd you get it?

Nice collection too.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
That TC3 Focus is slick! Where'd you get it?

Nice collection too.
Yeah, that one's super cool. Who painted and stickered the body?
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Lol, the focus is sweet. Glad I was able to snag it from you.. I haven't seen one for sale in a long time. If I can find a Losi rally weapon and I think one or two other companies made a rally then I will have one of each.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

What does it take to convert the TC3 for Rally? I have a TC3 I would like to do that with.
4VRYNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4VRYNG View Post
What does it take to convert the TC3 for Rally? I have a TC3 I would like to do that with.
Associated made a kit, but that kit is VERY hard to come by anymore. In fact, if TC3 Rally replacement parts weren't so difficult to get, I would have snatched up that car from Szczerba as soon as I saw his ad post (~10 minutes after it was released to the classifieds ); beating bnoland to it. In fact, I witnessed Szczerba change the price and I was still going to buy it for his original asking price just to ensure I became the buyer. But, I changed my mind at the last minute and didn't click send on the PM. Kinda kicking myself for it now. It's the best TC3 Rally specimen I've ever seen. Oh well, it looks like it went to a great home and is very well appreciated. Congrats, bnoland.

For someone looking to get into rally RCs, what's the best kit out there right now? Is it really Tamiya's DF03 RA? I find that hard to believe because that kit isn't all that impressive or durable looking. Someone needs to make a rally kit that's somewhere between a TC3 and SC10/Slash with the scale touches that Tamiya is known for.
Nickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:29 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickle View Post
Associated made a kit, but that kit is VERY hard to come by anymore. In fact, if TC3 Rally replacement parts weren't so difficult to get, I would have snatched up that car from Szczerba as soon as I saw his ad post (~10 minutes after it was released to the classifieds ); beating bnoland to it. In fact, I witnessed Szczerba change the price and I was still going to buy it for his original asking price just to ensure I became the buyer. But, I changed my mind at the last minute and didn't click send on the PM. Kinda kicking myself for it now. It's the best TC3 Rally specimen I've ever seen. Oh well, it looks like it went to a great home and is very well appreciated. Congrats, bnoland.

For someone looking to get into rally RCs, what's the best kit out there right now? Is it really Tamiya's DF03 RA? I find that hard to believe because that kit isn't all that impressive or durable looking. Someone needs to make a rally kit that's somewhere between a TC3 and SC10/Slash with the scale touches that Tamiya is known for.
I am glad you decided not to! I would have kicked myself if i had missed it. Lucky for me one of the other cars I had up for sale sold not long after this was posted so I was able to grab it. I want to run it but as Nickle said the parts are very very hard to find so it will likely sit on the shelf along my other new/like new RS4 Rallies. I have my bashed rs4 rally and I have stashed some sparre parts for it so it will keep me happy. The last tc3 rally kit I saw in eBay had no shocks with it. I can't remember the last time I saw a complete tc3 rally or conversion kit in good condition avalible. It is a very clean example that is for sure, I am going to replace that front diff or see if I can't remove the broken screw from it and replace it and it will be 100%. I would like to build a scale rally scene to place the cars in but I am afraid my wife may kill me if I do, that or she may help.. Hard to tell sometimes.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:47 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickle View Post

Did some googling and found conversion kit instructions. I found all the parts for the kit except the front arms on Towers website. Can buy everything individually. May order everything, then make some aluminum front arms to widen the front if I can't find them elsewhere. Love the Focus body.
4VRYNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

I have a couple of Rally rigs

Two HPI Super nitro Rally Awaiting electric conversion One Scooby one Evo
Tamiya TA02 Rally Scooby
Tamiya TB01 Evo
HPI MT2 SC converted to Inferno Rally
Gula is online now   Reply With Quote