RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   RC Rock Crawling Worlds (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc-rock-crawling-worlds/)
-   -   2011 nationals Judges (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc-rock-crawling-worlds/327956-2011-nationals-judges.html)

krawlfreak 08-23-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roksloski (Post 3245874)
5.3 -
Judging should be done by at least 2 people per driver. One Judge to call out penalties and one

Judge/Scorekeeper, to record penalties, tally maximum penalties, keep time (if applicable), etc.

what happened to this rule...........

With less than 15% of drivers per given day offering to judge, it is not really attainable.

You can try to help out by volunteering."thumbsup"

SDS Customz 08-24-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roksloski (Post 3245874)
5.3 -
Judging should be done by at least 2 people per driver. One Judge to call out penalties and one

Judge/Scorekeeper, to record penalties, tally maximum penalties, keep time (if applicable), etc.

what happened to this rule...........

Nothing has happened to this rule. As with any rules or laws there is one key word being "should". Should is a strongly suggestive word not a mandatory word such as "shall" or "must".

Though im sure in the next rules revision that the wording of this guideline will be edited. As over the past year + there has been a substantial effort put forth (by many) to educate our judges to a higher level. This is being accomplished at every comp, gathering ect. Via the judges test/demonstrations ect.

This new format has been tested at several comps already this year with very positive results. With the heat and amount of competitors at Nationals this year, we are going to use this format to help reduce judge fatigue due to the high temps. in Vegas. Reducing judge fatigue will help toi deliver a much more consistent judging platform. It will also increase the enjoyment of the competitors as the lines move a much accelerated pace, drastically reducing the weight times to run courses."thumbsup"

WAM 08-25-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krawlfreak (Post 3246137)
With less than 15% of drivers per given day offering to judge, it is not really attainable.

You can try to help out by volunteering."thumbsup"

Do you have any interest in judging "assistants"? I'm not experienced enough to be a judge, but I can help out.

Red Rockcrawler 08-25-2011 10:35 PM

If you really want to be a judge and want to learn follow a judge at a event. You will learn a lot and most will teach along the way.

Del Montess 08-26-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAM (Post 3248202)
Do you have any interest in judging "assistants"? I'm not experienced enough to be a judge, but I can help out.

If it's ok with the "powers that be" (superdave, I'm looking at you "thumbsup") I'd be fine with having you hang around while I'm judging. you'd learn a lot by observing.

jason 08-26-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Del Montess (Post 3250114)
I'd be fine with having you hang around while I'm judging. you'd learn a lot by observing.

Well then what the hell is Badger gonna do? Every time you're around he tries to learn "by observing"

:flipoff:

WAM 08-26-2011 06:59 PM

Thanks guys, but that wasn't the objective. I've started "beginning judging" at the SoCal events. Just not near enough to be a national judge. I was just trying to help out if they're undermanned. I was kinda picking up on you'd like to have two judges but only have manpower for one.

Del Montess 08-26-2011 08:28 PM

O ok, no watching then. If I catch you watching.... you better watch out...

...wait... what?

Honestly, i'll probably be so damn hungover/still wasted that i'll need help judging...

Just kidding john! Don't judge dis-bar me!

SDS Customz 08-26-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAM (Post 3248202)

The judging format that we are running, wont really lend well to extras on the course with 2 judges and 2 drivers already, starts to get crowded! I would encourage all that want to help to start by furthering there education as a judge. take the judges test and learn the rules as they are written, not as you are told they should be enforced. I know when I started in the sport a few years ago I relied on others to tell me the rules, and I never had a true understanding of things till I dove headlong into the rules.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason (Post 3250120)
Well then what the hell is Badger gonna do? Every time you're around he tries to learn "by observing"

I dont think that is all he does:lmao:

:flipoff:

Honestly, i'll probably be so damn hungover/still wasted that i'll need help judging...

Just kidding john! Don't judge dis-bar me![/QUOTE]

Youre getting close! Better watch it:mrgreen:

toyofast 08-27-2011 07:32 PM

Super Dave, don't forget I'll be all over the courses as well. I'll be "observing" through a lens.

SoCo Crawlgirl 08-28-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Del Montess (Post 3250302)
O ok, no watching then. If I catch you watching.... you better watch out...

...wait... what?

Just kidding john! Don't judge dis-bar me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDS Customz (Post 3250479)

Youre getting close! Better watch it:mrgreen:

Jess as long as you don't throw anything you should be fine:oops: oh and make sure you puke off course:lmao:

SDS Customz 08-30-2011 12:01 AM

I will be shooting for the judges meeting we'd and thurs for 8 pm. All should hopefully be able to make it by then. Location will be at the event hotel, with exact meeting location TBD. As soon as we nail it down I will post it here

SDS Customz 09-07-2011 07:06 PM

We have made it and the Wednesday night judges meeting will be held in one of our rooms at the hotel. Let's meet in the hotel registration lobby, from there we will move to a room.

For Thursdays meeting we will most likely be meeting at the bowling alley that they are having the nationals bowling tournament at. That judges meeting will be tenatively at 8 pm depending on the comp finish

SDS Customz 09-07-2011 08:12 PM

We have made it and the Wednesday night judges meeting will be held in one of our rooms at the hotel. Let's meet in the hotel registration lobby, from there we will move to a room.

For Thursdays meeting we will most likely be meeting at the bowling alley that they are having the nationals bowling tournament at. That judges meeting will be tenatively at 8 pm depending on the comp finish