Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > RC Rock Crawling Worlds

Notices

Thread: 2015 Worlds Vehicle types and definitions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2015, 04:16 PM   #1
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Default 2015 Worlds Vehicle types and definitions

This thread is dedicated to the vehicle types that will be at Worlds 2015, and a template for the remainder of this points season and beginning of 2016. This needs explaining since things have changed a bit! I acquired the United States Radio Control Crawling Association )USRCCA( in 2014. It is now named the Radio Control Crawling Association )RCCA( and has the central event calender and driver registration system located at RCORVA.com.

Our list of vehicle types is here- http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rcca-...-rulesets.html If you have questions about the vehicle specs, your answers will be within those documents.

The type of vehicle can be loosely defined as either a Classic Comp, or a Trail Vehicle.
*Classic Comp rigs can be expected to drive on only Classic Comp courses, which typically consist of about ten gates to drive through within a set time period. These courses are generally on higher traction surfaces with more demanding inclines. This can be typically called "Rock Crawling", and the vehicles are built and tuned specifically for this type of driving.

*Trail rigs are typically built more "scale" in appearance and can be expected to take part in non-traditional challenges and drive in all conditions, including Classic Comp courses that are less technical and suited to there construction. General trail running on dirt or rock, hill climbs, timed races, classic comp courses, show-and-shines, bounty climbs, sled pulls, and random challenges a host presents are typical for a Trail rig to endure. Winches or towing may be employed in certain aspects.

The judging at Worlds 2015 will have two types, Professional and Casual The "Casual" judging style may have another name in the future
*Professional Judging is found in Classic Comp classes such as 2.2s, 2.2p, and Super class. You have a time limit and judge(s) that calls penalties for any error done in driving. An example of a driving error is reversing the vehicle, rolling the vehicle over, or touching the vehicle. The judge(s) will stay on the course all day and judge every competitor, sometimes working in teams to rotate and relieve each other. The penalties are specific to Classic Comp courses, and typically not applied to any other style of driving.

*Casual judging can be employed everywhere and is mainly for Trail rigs but can used on Classic Comp courses. The driver either self judges, a fellow driver judges, or there only timing with no penalties to record. Casual judging has a reduced set of penalties when applied to Classic Comp courses.

Casual Judging applied to Classic Comp courses
There is simply the time limit, and a perfect gate time bonus. Fastest time wins. In most cases the person behind you will judge your run, and if they are last in line you will judge them before leaving course. "Perfect Gates" are cleared with no reverses, no driver interference, and no touching of the gate markers. If the driver rolls over and cannot recover without a rollover touch, the "perfect gate" is lost. S/he must replace his vehicle at the last gate progressed and resume. Winches may be used in classes that allow them (such as Mod Trail), but will count as a vehicle touch. Courses will be constructed to allow for almost all competitors to finish without penalties, whenever possible.

Now, on to how the classes and sizes break down.

Classic Comp
2.2S
2.2P
Super
Mini Super (12" gate unlimited)
Mid Super (16" gate unlimited)

Trail
Stock Class 1, 2, and 3
Mod Class 1, 2, and 3
Custom Class 1, 2, and 3

"Class 1” limited to 4.25” max tire height
"Class 2” limited to 4.75” max tire height
"Class 3” limited to 6” max tire height

At Worlds we will have Professional judging on all Classic Comp vehicles. Trail vehicles will also have Classic Comp courses but likely employ Casual judging due to time and resource constraints. Trail Vehicles will also have a main trail loop and many other challenges, so on average the driving is less technical but will last for many hours per day if the driver so chooses. If clubs that are currently running Trail Classes with Pro judging want to see the same at Worlds, let me know so we can try to get that organized! We could always try to have folks who competed in a Pro Trail series have their own Pro judging during a certain period so there was a yearly champ.

Have any further questions, post em up and I'll try to answer them. I know it may be hard following the changes as I try to whip things back into shape, so let me know what I can do to improve the clarity of things!

Last edited by JohnRobHolmes; 05-10-2015 at 04:23 PM.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2015, 07:52 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2015 Worlds Vehicle types and definitions

So does that mean we need to dress...Comp casual??

Sounds good to me!
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:40 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Where can one find official regulations for these new Mini Super and Mid Super classes?
BC-Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:44 AM   #4

First post, second paragraph has the ruleset links
Old 05-15-2015, 01:55 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I looked there, I found no information on those two particular classes
Old 05-15-2015, 03:58 PM   #6

Ah, they are called unlimited classes and not super.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:34 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Do we have Custom Trail rules yet?

Each Trail Category has 3 different classes depending on tire size - Do all categories and classes run the same courses or can we enter multiple classes?
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:29 PM   #8

I haven't listed the Custom Trail rules yet, but it is basically a no rules class. Doesn't fit into the other two? It is Ok in custom. All Trail Classes will basically run the same courses, there will be special sections for specific tire sizes when needed. You can enter multiple classes if you want, but there will be a LOT of Trail Challenges and drive time, and it will put you in a rush if you are trying to run more than one.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:05 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

With the possibility of 9 classes, I figured that was what you were shooting for. Just wanted to ask and make sure.
With no rules does custom also allow MOA scalers? Something I haven't seen a lot of but could get interesting.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:52 AM   #10
www.ottsix.com

where does the Gmade R1 fit in?
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 04:12 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I don't understand why we need 9 trail classes? To make a grand total of 15 classes!!! Seems over complicated. And what was wrong with just mini and super? Why do we need a mid? 2.2p and 2.2s fit the mid just fine? In my opinion...
EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 04:56 PM   #12
5th D Owner/Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE View Post
I don't understand why we need 9 trail classes? To make a grand total of 15 classes!!! Seems over complicated. And what was wrong with just mini and super? Why do we need a mid? 2.2p and 2.2s fit the mid just fine? In my opinion...
LOL! I guess Worlds is looking to be a week long event with that many classes!
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 05:39 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I'd assume other's have shown interest in Unlimited Mini(12" gate) & Unlimited Standard (16" gate) Comp crawling classes. Over the years I've heard others say it be cool to have a 2.2 mini super. (Not my thing)
9 Trail-master scale classes... I'm sure it's just a way to make most rigs fit in a class somewhere. I'd assume there's been some thought put into deciding how to manage this AWESOME crawling event. I'm looking forward to competing a worlds 2.2Pro & 2.2s.
Thanks to all involved with the planning.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 05:58 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Never assume.
Actually a 2.2 Mini super does sound cool. but not if it's going to out everyone running 1.9.
9 trail classes is trying to please everyone all the time. And that always works out...
Never assume
I am sure world's will be an awesome event.
Enjoy yourself at world's.
EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 07:06 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Besides Pro and Shafty what's gonna be the next biggest class? I wanna run a third class, but I don't wanna compete against just 5 people in a class (I can do that locally).
M_ENERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 07:14 PM   #16
5th D Owner/Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_ENERGY View Post
Besides Pro and Shafty what's gonna be the next biggest class? I wanna run a third class, but I don't wanna compete against just 5 people in a class (I can do that locally).
Super.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:51 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_ENERGY View Post
Super is Growing in the New England Area. At least 4 new ones this year and a few people itching to build em.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:47 AM   #18
RCC Addict

holy crap 15 classes, that is way to many.
How about focus on the 3- Pro, Sportsman and Super, maybe throw a 4th class but 15 is alittle out of hand IMO
chevotafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:12 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Are the scale accessories required for all of the Trail events or just the G6?
MAHitt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:54 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Just so no one gets lost, make sure to take the train track crossing with the pin.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
fshnut007 is offline   Reply With Quote

2015 Worlds Vehicle types and definitions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dodge revealed the 2015 "Worlds Fastest Sedan" today STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 223 04-14-2017 07:46 PM
2015 RC Crawling Worlds- Las Vegas Sept 11, 12, 13th JohnRobHolmes RC Rock Crawling Worlds 459 02-04-2016 09:09 AM
2015 Worlds? Beest Past Events 49 06-10-2015 04:28 PM