Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: CRWLER1's Bully/Berg Skidz Review...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 11:23 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Cool CRWLER1's Bully/Berg Skidz Review...

I have been working with Philip(CRWLER1) on releasing some Skidz that fit the Bully gear cases, after some measurements sent back and forth and some patience between he and I, the final product should be available from him VERY soon!

If you are still using the Associated Chassis Protector I have to recommend you pass on their thin and weak product and get a set of these from CRWLER1~

You Get Skidz for your Motors(2) and your Axles(2).

These Skidz are STOUT! At first, I thought "hmm, at this thickness it seems like I'm going to lose some axle clearance" BUT after installing them and running them, I actually FEEL like I have gained clearance! Instead of hearing the aluminum drag and scrape all along the rocks I hear nothing and dont feel the drag that I had come so accustomed to.

The Skidz wrap up nice and high to prevent from being pulled off.

The adhesive is very sticky and has a very strong hold to it, of course dont forget to clean your housings with an Alcohol prep pad or something of the sort. I used some Isopropyl Alcohol I had laying around that I use to clean lexan before paint work.

I just cannot convey how SIMPLE, EFFECTIVE and ECONOMICAL this product is, after some hard use they have some "gouges" in them, but they aren't tearing and they aren't moving, just doing their job and sliding on the rocks!

I would however recommend splitting the gear Skid down the case seam. This way when you need to relube or replace an axle or whatever, you dont have to peel off the Bully/Berg Skid. But, its up to you of course.

Check the vendor thread for some pictures of them installed on the Berg cases.

Great Product that is well worth the $ and the small amount of time it takes to install the Skidz.

Thanks again Philip,

Nathan Mobley
GaBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Those look great, Need to pick me up a set of each..
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Looks good.

I felt that when you wore through your motor case it was just time for a new motor. I guess this could save you a few bucks.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:08 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyRizzo View Post
Looks good.

I felt that when you wore through your motor case it was just time for a new motor. I guess this could save you a few bucks.

hell the magnets are about to fall out of my front motor, and ive sanded down the axle housings twice. i miht have to try a set of these.

Last edited by dieselfuel; 04-21-2009 at 04:11 PM.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
RCC Addict

im NOT talking badly about these skids, but, mine only lasted one comp, the do not like sharp lava and got torn and cut through really fast. but they dont cost hardly anything so no biggy.
slowngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:33 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowngreen View Post
im NOT talking badly about these skids, but, mine only lasted one comp, the do not like sharp lava and got torn and cut through really fast. but they dont cost hardly anything so no biggy.
Probably true, but down here in the Southeast, we dont have much LAVA rock! I doubt anything stands up to much contact with that kind of rock.

Nathan
Old 06-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Will these fit the new bullys? If so where do I buy them?
69CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Yes they will fit the new ones and just contact Philip (CRWLER1). Just shoot him a PM.