Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: Why haven't more people bought Bully's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Why haven't more people bought Bully's?

What do you Bully owners think? Does RC4WD still have a bad rap? Are the V4 CVD's worthy?

I would think more V2 cast build threads would have popped up by now. I would think $159 would be worth taking the MOA plunge... I can part out my shafty and afford the axles and a new chassis.

Are the Bully's success being kept secret? Why are people still buying Bergs over Bully's?

There's only 34 threads! The AX10 section probably gets 34 new threads an hour!:-P

Last edited by MtnBkr; 06-09-2009 at 08:56 PM.
MtnBkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #2

Talking

I'm taking the plunge...waiting for 'em to show up so I can get started. Gonna build a scratch made tuber on them. I'll keep it posted as it progresses
rjmurphy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
support@rc4wd.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsHandleit View Post
Because the internal axles are junk, but if you can over look that the Bully's are the best axle for the money.
You have no experience with the V4s so how can you say that?

How are your upgrade internals for the Bullys coming along ?
roborg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I'm happy with my V3's so far- no issues. They are a bit hard to chassis, being so wide in the gearbox, but I think it's a nice axle, and for the price it's a great deal.
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:54 PM   #5
support@rc4wd.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgerrish View Post
I'm happy with my V3's so far- no issues. They are a bit hard to chassis, being so wide in the gearbox, but I think it's a nice axle, and for the price it's a great deal.

I had no issues with V3s myself and I agree they can be tough to chassis but, we managed to work around it on several chassis now .

Last edited by roborg5000; 06-09-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnBkr View Post
What do you Bully owners think? Does RC4WD still have a bad rap? Are the V4 CVD's worthy?

I would think more V2 cast build threads would have popped up by now. I would think $159 would be worth taking the MOA plunge... I can part out my shafty and afford the axles and a new chassis.

Are the Bully's success being kept secret? Why are people still buying Bergs over Bully's?

There's only 34 threads! The AX10 section probably gets 34 new threads an hour!:-P
Bully is still rather new, we have yet shipped many. We just started shipping more and more to our dealers, but it will take awhile until its widely available.

The Bully 2 just started shipping yesterday, no many people got it yet. We are working around the clock to ship as many as we can. We already got one distributor that will stock tons of them very soon.
rc4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I love mine! I got them with the V3's and have'nt had any issues either with them.

There are probably more out there then what is shown here as not everyone is into starting build threads.
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #8
support@rc4wd.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsHandleit View Post
You have no idea what version I have experience with so stop talking out your, oh I better stop there. The new internals are listed for sale and there better then anything that RC4WD has come up with and they work.

Unitl you make an axle to my standard with the material that I use its like comparing apples and oranges and I'm sure not going to keep taking money from the users with every new version that comes out hoping there fixed. All I can say is that my axle is what the Bully community has been asking for and I know will survive more then one comp.
Yes I do know you dont have the V4s, im the only one that had them until a few days ago So I really am not talking out my ass man.

Cant wait to see what you come up with. Maybe you could send me a set for some unbiased testing
Old 06-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I've given the v4s a horrible beating and they are still fine. Bully axles with v4 XVDs is a very good product .
Tomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Letshandleit...we agree that the Bully design is good. Yes there were issues in the beginning with the XVD design.

We are glad that another vendor (you) has stepped into make parts for the Bully. We hope great success for you and your products.

We have done a great deal of work to fix the issues with the Bullies. While they may not be up to your standard, they are working for other customers. I am sure there will be other customers of ours with your same feeling, this is where you will be able to sell your axles.

Thanks
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:13 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I switched from Bergs to Bully axles! Like serveral other companies(Losi, Venom, Berg, Axial) there were some issues. They have been adressed and corrected.

Look for my new Bully build soon!

Last edited by dezfan; 06-09-2009 at 11:26 PM.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:25 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Why say the internals are junk? It was only the XVD's.... Stock Bergs have crappy Shafts, Venoms do and the great Holy Losi does as well... When I hear internals.. I'm thinking everything from Gears, machining, Bearings, shafts etc....

I'm also running the V3's still with no problems. And I've beat the leaving crap out of them so far. I'll be running the V5's as soon as they are ready thou.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:55 AM   #13
RCC Addict

The reason they arent as widely seen yet is the new V2's with the much cheaper price tag arent out yet (today apparently). Like anything else it takes time to catch on. Ive had my V1 bullies for quite awhile now but they were much more expensive than the bergs or the HR's until you realize how much you had to spend to get the other ones comp ready. For example i bought my original HR's for about 190 bucks and sold them for over 200 8mos later just becuase of all the upgrades into them. Now you will be able to get the V2 bullies for 50% less than anything else and its already comp ready.

i would rather go back to a shafty than run bergs or HR's now. Give it time. If you want to stay ahead here is where you want to be, if you want to follow everyone else the berg forum is over there.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:27 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roborg5000 View Post
Yes I do know you dont have the V4s, im the only one that had them until a few days ago So I really am not talking out my ass man.
I thought the Bully 1 ARTR came with the v4s . At least I remember reading so on the website, when ordering.

But apparently I must be running the v3s then. However, no issues what so ever with them!
Tomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:03 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

soon as the shops out here nor cal start carring the bullys i'm buyin a set to get rid of my pos hr's that ive had nothin but probs with even with a hole bunch of modifying and parts swicthed out. pretty much the olny thing left on mine that are hr is the housing
catpwred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:06 AM   #16
EXW
Pebble Pounder

Default Bully's

I don't have a lot of time into Crawling, but here is my opinion / experience.

The Bully's are great. I ordered the V1's. At first I thought they were expensive compared to Bergs, but then I read (and talked to some knowledgable drivers) about the mods that go into the Bergs - clocking the fronts, replacing the axles, getting rid of rear steer. Once I looked at the TCO, the Bully's came out ahead.

On the XVD issue, I'm begining to realize that most things in crawling need tweaking and community feedback (look at the Losi). Once you accept this going in, things are fine.

Customer service has also been great. You can tell they are a small shop, but I always get a response and resolution.

So, I agree with the others that have posted as to why there are not more Bully's out there (or posted). I will also add a concern that may be just me.

I was hesitant when I saw RC4WD posting new products several times a week. Honestly, it made me concerned about their R&D and Quality Control, and Testing. However, my own expereince with RC4WD has been nothing but positive. The one issue I did have, which was the links on the ARTR being too short, was resolved with an e-mail. I just got an e-mail verification that new, correct size links are on the way.

That compares pretty well to other vendors.

MTNBKR, I'll be at the next HobbyTown Westy comp, so come find me and I'll let you drive my rig around.

One last thing, to echo Tomy, I was under the impression that the ARTR came with the V4 XVDs. Can someone from RC4WD confirm?
EXW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:38 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

I'm still running V2's(shafts), have bound the heck out of them and yet to bend or break. (although I am considering ordering v4's as spares... think I can get a break since I haven't sent my v2's back???)

As for build threads, there are more out there, I know my "Bullys on a stick" thread is still in the general section. I considered starting a new thread here but, I have just been updating that one.

Cant wait for the Bully Super to come out

Last edited by jetboat; 06-10-2009 at 07:42 AM.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

first timer here, I am waiting for the axles to get into stock and this is the direction I am planning on going............likely with havoc chassis.

cost effectiveness with the balance of a set up chassis is the set up I am looking for. I priced out all the electronics for say a Losi and well this was not that much more for a better set up crawler, lower cog and more durable.
Mine will be a SLOW build as I will have to save up for each part I need but I feel it will be worth it in the end!
RCKSQRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:06 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomy View Post
I thought the Bully 1 ARTR came with the v4s . At least I remember reading so on the website, when ordering.

But apparently I must be running the v3s then. However, no issues what so ever with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXW View Post
One last thing, to echo Tomy, I was under the impression that the ARTR came with the V4 XVDs. Can someone from RC4WD confirm?
You are right. There are a few of the machined versions that do have the V4's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
I'm still running V2's(shafts), have bound the heck out of them and yet to bend or break. (although I am considering ordering v4's as spares... think I can get a break since I haven't sent my v2's back???)

As for build threads, there are more out there, I know my "Bullys on a stick" thread is still in the general section. I considered starting a new thread here but, I have just been updating that one.

Cant wait for the Bully Super to come out
Send a mod a PM, with the link. They will move it for ya.
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:22 AM   #20
RCC Addict

I made the switch to the Bully 2 and got rid of my HR's. I ordered them last week, so hopefully they'll get here someday
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote