Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: are they worth it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default are they worth it

im in the process of getting a good comp crawler. I like the bully and i like the losi. does the bully have less issues with durability. Will i be happy with this bully over the losi. What makes me happy is a capable rig with the least of issues overall. thanks for any info guys. Also can a mamba max be programmed to no delay reverse.
BC Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
Just jump it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Crawler View Post
im in the process of getting a good comp crawler. I like the bully and i like the losi. does the bully have less issues with durability. Will i be happy with this bully over the losi. What makes me happy is a capable rig with the least of issues overall. thanks for any info guys. Also can a mamba max be programmed to no delay reverse.
Half the losi's at the comp this weekend broke!!!
Thats why i got a bully!!
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

My pont of veiw is that you will have a great crawler ether way you go.
the losi is cool but it is all plastic and, the worm gears are kind of ify

if you were coming frome a shafty to a bully you would have to drive it diffrent and would have to get a dig switch or a punk rc setup.

i looked into both of them for my self and my choice would be the bully

but the losi is also a vary good crawler also.

(but still only my opinion you and many others my have a dif. one)

ABOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:51 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

bully will take less time and effort to set-up...and on top of that will hold up waaaay better IMHO
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

The Bullys are Cheaper, Stronger then any axle out in stock form... No need to upgrade anything on them. Just lock-tite and grease the gears and go. The New Bullys are the only axles I have ran since my 2.2 Clod with TTR CVD's I can get to hold up to my Driving.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:38 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I will start out by saying I've never had/driven either and am going from what I see at the local comps and the folks that run them. I am not a fan of either the losi or bully for comping. The losi front axles are a real problem, the worm gears use alot power that makes heat and tends to smoke motors/esc plus the low gearing doesn't have the wheel speed and the worm brake thing can get ya in trouble. But some guys love them and do really well. The bullys are just too big and heavy for me. Makes it hard to get the links around the motors/cases and won't let ya add/remove weight when/where ya want plus allows gravity too big an advantage. They do seem to be pretty bullet proof and not a bad choice if ya like a heavy rig. For sure the best basher axles and the price is nice too. Just my two cents.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:39 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

ive never had a problem with my losi 1.9 comp crawler, the MRC and the 2.2 crawler look identical, except the tire and size difference, the rest is the same, but ive never broken a chassis part on my mini rock crawler, besides the shock, which i fixed on the spot!!!
shadowrejects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Are they worth it--hell ya
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:44 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrejects View Post
ive never had a problem with my losi 1.9 comp crawler, the MRC and the 2.2 crawler look identical, except the tire and size difference, the rest is the same, but ive never broken a chassis part on my mini rock crawler, besides the shock, which i fixed on the spot!!!

The MRC and the 2.2 Losi have nothing in common but the Losi Brand....
Old 09-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
The New Bullys are the only axles I have ran since my 2.2 Clod with TTR CVD's I can get to hold up to my Driving.
Same here!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I managed to bend my V2 axles after a MAJOR fall... Upgraded to the current production axles and have had no issues. Ive lost track of the the snapped CVD's and trans gears I have seen on the Losi trucks.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

losi's are great crawlers, but they need the bugs worked out still, so go bully
bmsgangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Testifying from waht I've personally heard a vendor on here say, "the losi CVDs are s@#$! He's even experimented with making them out of Axial parts but the metal then gets too thin at the bearing surface. He ofcourse is running the Losi MOA conversion (Eritex) and has well over $100 in scrapped CVD's that doesn't count the ones Losi sent him for replacements. The aftermarket will take care of this an hopefully Losi will also but the fact is, You can't beat the Bully's for strength!!! You can save weigth in other areas and you can shave the hell out of them if you want. If you don't like tweeking, building, or modifying to suit "your" tastes, get a Losi.
I honestly can't even see comparing the Losi to the Bully's. Maybe the Berg axles, but things change so often around here, you need to see which way the wind blows before you fart. Adding weight and heavy rigs used to be the ticket, then someone went "old School" and built a light rig and chassis started going on a diet. What was once the cat's meow is now it's poo, so read up on them both and see how you drive. Then decide what will compliment your style and what will hold up to the way you drive. If you're finess-y, you probably don't need bully's.
I'm done with my .02 now.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

well thanks for the good opinions and i have been doing some research myself and the heat issues and other probs, with the losi has me scared. I have a wheely king axled trail truck and a axial tuber i built, so the moa is looking like a good way to go somthing different. I dont brake much of any thing on these and like the reliablity. The bully sounds like it has the least amount of problems. thanks again looks like i'm getting a bully
Old 09-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Crawler View Post
well thanks for the good opinions and i have been doing some research myself and the heat issues and other probs, with the losi has me scared. I have a wheely king axled trail truck and a axial tuber i built, so the moa is looking like a good way to go somthing different. I dont brake much of any thing on these and like the reliablity. The bully sounds like it has the least amount of problems. thanks again looks like i'm getting a bully
You have chosen wise
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:53 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Bullys all the way
McTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:04 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

The Weigt of the Bully2's is a good thing... Run some light weight Wheels throw a few oz of lead on the front ones and call it done. You don't have to add tons of weight to the Wheels now. This lets your drivetrain spool up faster and easier then with bergs with tons of weights strapped to the wheels.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:53 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
The Weigt of the Bully2's is a good thing...
With the heavier axles it doesnt put as much strain on the stubs/axle shafts either. Regardless of what some people think there is a reason crawlers evolved to the weights they run now.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:27 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

hey run2jeepn and team how is that chassis of yours doing. I was looking at it and it seems very capable. I used to have a bmvii and loved the way it climbed but didnt like the lack in atriculation for me. I like the best of both worlds that yours has. What rims come with the kit.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:49 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

on jp customs home page what is that clear body on the left crawler at bottom of page.