Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: Recommend electronics for Bully

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 08:21 AM   #1

Default Recommend electronics for Bully

Guys i have a 4PK and i know i read that you can set the 4 channel to have control over the rear and front motor obviosly usind 2 x ESC.

I thought of going for the Novak Rooster or Goat with Novak Brushed motors.

Whats your thought on this?

I used the Goat with Novak Brushed on an enroute and felt very pro.

Thanks guys
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
RCC Addict

If you already have the 4pk use Tekin FXR's and whatever wind brushed motor you like. I use the 55t now and there is plenty of wheelspeed but some people like even more and go down to 45t or 35t, its all personal preference. The FXR's have the best drag brakes so using your 4pk to dig will be much easier.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:59 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

i agree with culetto fxrs are the way to go. and i would also sudjest 45 turn motors esp if your newer to crawling and come from a racing background the 35 turns are great for wheel speed but if your trigger happy it will end up with broken parts and a very unhappy owner. great choice on the bullys im loving mine also i read in your other post you had to shim the knuckles check to see if you have the upgraded tubes/knuckles the previous setup at least for me had me stripping screws and also the tubes and knuckles about everytime i went out the upgraded version ive been beating on since they came out and havent even had to relocktite them yet well worth the money for the upgrade. have fun with your build
punkuup5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:00 AM   #4

Will i need 2 x FXR ESC to run setup as a dig?

Also is it worth getting the pro as the price is much more expensive than the normal ones

Will i need a BEC

i have 2 x 2S Lipo can i run one for each ESC or you don't recommend it?

Last edited by speed6; 10-26-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkuup5150 View Post
i agree with culetto fxrs are the way to go. and i would also sudjest 45 turn motors esp if your newer to crawling and come from a racing background the 35 turns are great for wheel speed but if your trigger happy it will end up with broken parts and a very unhappy owner. great choice on the bullys im loving mine also i read in your other post you had to shim the knuckles check to see if you have the upgraded tubes/knuckles the previous setup at least for me had me stripping screws and also the tubes and knuckles about everytime i went out the upgraded version ive been beating on since they came out and havent even had to relocktite them yet well worth the money for the upgrade. have fun with your build
How can i check if i have the upgraded tubes??

Thanks guys much appreciated for you great fast help.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Will i need 2 x FXR ESC to run setup as a dig?

Also is it worth getting the pro as the price is much more expensive than the normal ones

Will i need a BEC

bumb
Old 10-26-2009, 10:40 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

how to hook everything up i have no idea im only running one esc and have no idea how to run the dual esc theres plenty of guys here who can help with that. i think the easiest way to check is to remove the knuckle and see if theres a small"hil" best i can describe where the screw is threaded into the tube. if its flatter and doesnt have the xtra beef like these http://www.rc4wdstore.com/2/product_...roducts_id=847 look at where the screw goes into the tube if yours dont look liek this order up the kit save you lots of headaches
punkuup5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:47 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

try this for your weiring and setup for your 4pk

4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help
samaruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #9

Also is it worth getting the pro as the price is much more expensive than the normal one?

Will i need a BEC to run 2 x ESC?

Old 10-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Also is it worth getting the pro as the price is much more expensive than the normal one?

Will i need a BEC to run 2 x ESC?

2X FXRs are just fine, they will do everything you want. The FXR Pros give you a little more adjustments but not enough to cover the cost difference for me.

You only need one BEC going from you battery to you receiver. There should be a few post on how to wire a dual ESC setup.
McTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:16 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

If you are asking about the fxr pro esc (extra fet), you don't need them, especially running only one motor on each esc.
If you are asking about the fxr pro combo, it comes with handwound motors and normal fxr. The handwounds will give ya more speed/power which is kool but not really needed.
Yes, you will need a ccbec.
Harvy makes it really easy to set the 4pk up with duals (see above thread).
Run only one 3 cell lipo. (1000-1500mah/20+c/less than 70mm long)
Great setup!
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:52 AM   #12
RCC Addict

The normal fxr's are good. you will want to start shopping for some 3s lipos though, you dont want to run 2 batteries in your rig, that just too much weight. One bec is all you need. Its pretty self explanitory wiring them all up if you have wired a crawler before but if you need schematics there are a number of threads on here that have detailed instructions since there are a couple different ways to wire in the bec. the esc's require even less wiring than a single esc rig because they are just one per axle and wired into one battery. you will actually save weight over a dig switch setup or a punk dig switch.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote