Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: Rear power issue?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Rear power issue?

Quick question guys, my front motor seems to be a little stonger than rear motor. What I mean is that when on an incline the front wheels seem to do most of the work climbing than the rear does. The rear seems to lag the same power or speed the front has. Thr front motor is brand new and the rear is used.

Is this a brush problem? Do u guys think I need to change my brushes on rear motor in order for both to have same power?
lildjloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2010, 09:54 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

It could be that it simply needs a rebuild. Even with perfect motors, you'll experience rear motor stall. It's just how it is with a dual motor setup....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:08 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

are you sure it's not plain old clod stall your experiencing??
any time you transfer the whole rigs weight to the back axle like on all climbs it takes more power to get the loaded rear axle motor moving vs getting the fully unloaded front axle motor moving..

Last edited by 53 willys; 01-22-2010 at 10:10 AM.
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I would say the used vs. new is causing it. Swap the motors and see what it does. But like they said a two motor moa rig will do that anyways to a degree.

Not trying to thread jack but it's along the same lines...

Can anyone confirm or deny using different gauge wires to the front and rear to help with the rear stall issue? Not that I am worried about the stalling. Helps out sometimes.
ie. 20 guage to front motor and 12 gauge to the rear motor? Path of least resistance concept...

Edit, This is for a 3 ch radio setup. Not front/rear motor mixing.

Last edited by Szczerba; 01-22-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:12 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane_744 View Post

Can anyone confirm or deny using different gauge wires to the front and rear to help with the rear stall issue? Not that I am worried about the stalling. Helps out sometimes.
ie. 20 guage to front motor and 12 gauge to the rear motor? Path of least resistance concept...
I have it on my current rig...it's hard to tell if it made any difference or not..? but I'm also running two different pinions and tuning to my needs on the fly with 4pk...so thats why I cant say forsure..?
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #6
RCC Addict

I would agree its a combination of clod stall and old brushes, change them out and clean the comm and you should be fine.

In regards to the different motor wires it CAN make a difference but in order to make it noticable you would need to run super small guage to the front, not neccesarily larger to the back.

Remember clod stall works both ways, uphill and downhill. Dont overcorrect for something that you might need when going the other direction. If it bugs you that much do like 53Willy's suggests and get 2 escs and a good 3 channel radio with mixing. You can change it on the fly and adjust it as needed depending on the situation.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote