Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: Papabash's Hellstrom Pro Bully Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #181
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabash View Post
Well, I think I've found my new brand of servo arms; the IMEX arm made it through yesterday's comp with no issues.
Not so sure about this now, getting a little practice in yesterday and stripped the arm. Ordered up 2 more; I'll give them a 2nd chance, maybe I didn't have the screws as tight as I thought I did. I just hope they get here in time for next weekend's comp!
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #182
I wanna be Dave

Have you tried the racers edge arms? I really like their price and fit.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:06 PM   #183
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakker View Post
Have you tried the racers edge arms? I really like their price and fit.
I use them on my mini's, but I haven't been able to find one long enough for my Bully, seems they are all a bit shorter. The way I have my servo mounted, I need the extra reach to avoid binding.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:25 AM   #184
Quarry Creeper

Default MOTO WORX wheels

Hey mate,did you vent the wheels or is it not needed ,i will have rovers white on mine when they show up.i cant wait to try them out
blingg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:00 AM   #185
I wanna be Dave

Jake's wheels come vented. However, on the "heavy" wheels where I had him leave the extra material, he did not vent them since the area is solid. I put them in my drill press and drilled the vent holes at an angle so they would come out in the back of the wheel. If you don't want to do that, you can just vent the tires with a small nail heated with a torch.
You definitely want to have some sort of venting, though.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:03 PM   #186
Quarry Creeper

Dosnt seem to be any holes on the rear wheels that I can see , may have to do some drilling.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:04 AM   #187
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabash View Post
Ordered up 2 more; I'll give them a 2nd chance, maybe I didn't have the screws as tight as I thought I did. I just hope they get here in time for next weekend's comp!
Super fast shipping from IMEX, got the arm on and tightened down. I'm thinking now that I was afraid on the first one to really torque the clamping screws good and tight, since I had so many Robitronic clamping screws strip out. These took all I could give them and held tight. If the arm strips out now, I'll know it isn't my fault and start looking for something else.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #188
I wanna be Dave

Just a tiny update on the new servo arm; so far after one hard comp and some practice it is holding. I did notice that the old one wasn't as tight as I expected it to be when I took it off, so the IMEX arm just might be the ticket after all.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:13 AM   #189
I wanna be Dave

I just went to the Imex site to order one. Their shipping is a bit excessive. $8.99 shipping on a $9 servo arm! Looks like I'm going to have to try to put together a group buy on them...

Thanks for the info and feedback on those.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:31 PM   #190
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
I just went to the Imex site to order one. Their shipping is a bit excessive. $8.99 shipping on a $9 servo arm! Looks like I'm going to have to try to put together a group buy on them...

Thanks for the info and feedback on those.
I agree, the shipping is ridiculous, so I took the chance and ordered 2 more so I didn't feel quite so bad about it. That way it's roughly $4.50 shipping per arm................
I figure if they hold up to the abuse I dish out, it's worth the cost.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #191
Quarry Creeper

hey mate can you tell me which hub extenders would be a help to my steering,would the v6 axles be a + also, cheers.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:45 AM   #192
I wanna be Dave

I was using these from RC4WD for a while, but they made my rig really wide:
http://store.rc4wd.com/12mm-to-12mm-...2-_p_1535.html
I took them off because I felt they were just too wide, and went back to the ThunderTech hubs and am very happy with the width now. My sidehilling is virtually the same, and I get through gates much easier now. The problem with the ThunderTech's is that they are no longer made and your chances of finding some are pretty slim. As for the V6's, I seem to remember them having a bit more steering than previous versions, but I could be wrong. I guess what I'm saying is I really don't have a good suggestion for you, other than to post up in the Wanted section to see if you can scrounge some ThunderTech's up from someone. Since the XR10's are so popular now, there might be someone who has jumped ship and is willing to get rid of theirs.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:10 AM   #193
Quarry Creeper

Cheers mate ill have to hunt around or grab some RC4WD s ,the motoworx wheels helped a lot though, a little more width and steering would be nice im still very pleased.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:08 AM   #194
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, the offset and width on the Motoworx wheels is awesome, best I've run yet!