RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   RC4WD Trail Finder 2 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd-trail-finder-2/)
-   -   RC4wd TrailFinder 2 Class 1 truck build. "Money" (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd-trail-finder-2/363035-rc4wd-trailfinder-2-class-1-truck-build-money.html)

YoUnG_vErSiOn 02-07-2012 01:54 AM

Re: RC4wd TrailFinder 2 Class 1 truck build. "Money"

thanks Grizz and D's! i can't wait to drive it."thumbsup"
-Kila

YoUnG_vErSiOn 02-07-2012 02:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
So does this mean that its gonna be called the "Young_version" Flat floor mod?? haha, or the young version shift servo fuel cell in the back mod?
regeardless, i figured out a new configuration for the placement of each component so as to have enough room9no shift linkage, sorry Dready) to run a full interior. pics do the best justice.

I mounted the receiver box in the back of the frame, and the hole lined up perfect.
Attachment 186170

Attachment 186169
then i flipped one of the bars that held the rec. box in place added the servo tabs to it and mounted the shifter servo upside down then made a linkage that passes through the crossmember and under the floor. works like a charm, and no big servo. i also made a quick bracket that attaches to the other crossbar, to hold either the battery or the esc. i haven't decided yet.
ENJOY!! YV out.

RusT808 02-07-2012 02:14 AM

Nice work, Kila! The YV layout is a winner!

YoUnG_vErSiOn 02-07-2012 03:39 AM

3 Attachment(s)
thanks Russ..
a couple more, i placed my OG Microgoat Bobbed bed camper shell from the 08' ish YOTA project.. looks good.
Attachment 186173

Attachment 186172
oh yah, and my YV-screw through the mirror mod.
Attachment 186171
i just don't trust the glue(also i plan on adding 2 washers and a spring so the mirrors won't rip off when i hit something, hopefully.

YoUnG_vErSiOn 02-07-2012 05:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I forgot, the YV Deep corn steering wheel mod..
Attachment 186174
:ror:

Katan 02-07-2012 06:12 AM

At last someone found the alternative fuel cell mount ;-)

Good job on the shift servo relocation, I must admit I had not thought of that!

Die-Laughing 02-07-2012 07:43 AM

Cool steering wheel mod!"thumbsup"

TURBOFEST 02-07-2012 08:54 AM

AHHHH. Nice shift servo location mod. I'm doing that tonight! Brilliant! "thumbsup"

YoUnG_vErSiOn 02-07-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katan (Post 3552185)
At last someone found the alternative fuel cell mount ;-)

Good job on the shift servo relocation, I must admit I had not thought of that!

Wow Katan, i feel like i unlocked a secret level on Zelda or something...thanks man..that really means a lot coming from you, i think that this would allow enough room for the builder to use the full version of the cab-back along with the bed and have them separate and not one piece. for even more scale realism, the bed would twist independent from the cab."thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Die-Laughing (Post 3552298)
Cool steering wheel mod!"thumbsup"

Mahalo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBOFEST (Post 3552399)
AHHHH. Nice shift servo location mod. I'm doing that tonight! Brilliant! "thumbsup"

thank you sir!

Katan 02-07-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by young_version (Post 3552589)
Wow Katan, i feel like i unlocked a secret level on Zelda or something...thanks man..that really means a lot coming from you, i think that this would allow enough room for the builder to use the full version of the cab-back along with the bed and have them separate and not one piece. for even more scale realism, the bed would twist independent from the cab."thumbsup"

There are a few other secrets built into the TF2 parts that have yet to be found...

Here's a tip...if you look on top of the rails there is another set of holes to mount the deck further forward. You will need some spacers to clear the tcase though.

TURBOFEST 02-07-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katan (Post 3552634)
There are a few other secrets built into the TF2 parts that have yet to be found...

Here's a tip...if you look on top of the rails there is another set of holes to mount the deck further forward. You will need some spacers to clear the tcase though.

I noticed that by accident when I had a few too many beers during my build lol. Wasnt sure what the purpose of it is though. Why move it forward?

Katan 02-07-2012 12:26 PM

With Kila's configuration you could move the deck forward and use the full cab back and have nothing showing outside the cab.

The reason for the holes is historical, the chassis was drawn 2 years ago for the R2 tranny/disruptor + Killer tcase. As the design evolved I left a few things that might be useful like these alternative mounting points and steering servo location.

TURBOFEST 02-07-2012 12:54 PM

cool

YoUnG_vErSiOn 02-07-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katan (Post 3552634)

i tried it when i first built it, but it quickly ended because of the whole servo mount thing(i used the spacers that were supplied with the kit that sit on the back of the plate)...now i may buy another Mojave body and build it how i originally planned full cab back and styrene the front of the bed so the bed is an independent piece, moving separately from the cab. But i really dig how low the floor sits, so i may leave it the way it is....well see.
Thanks for the input Good Sir!!

YoUnG_vErSiOn 02-07-2012 06:48 PM

Secrets huh? symmetrical axles? Easy BTA Steering? i also noticed 2 notches under the chassis. What are those for? Please do tell, if need be in a pm.

Die-Laughing 02-07-2012 07:27 PM

Ok.. well, I see you got the Green there for the Money but, Where's the Gold for the Hunnies!!?? 8)

YoUnG_vErSiOn 02-07-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Die-Laughing (Post 3553752)
Ok.. well, I see you got the Green there for the Money but, Where's the Gold for the Hunnies!!?? 8)

flowing through paypal and into RC$WD.hahaha

YoUnG_vErSiOn 02-07-2012 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 186278
So my son Bradin has a bunch of these little "Adventure Wheels toys" which are probably 1/18 scale or something like that and he wanted to make a campsite, so i told him to set up camp with his toys and i put the truck in the background to see if i could get it to fit...lol i think it came out pretty good. he put the puppy in the bed.:ror:

tazman 02-08-2012 11:29 AM

Nice build! Really want to see how this one works out in the trails. That color, really pops. Mmight have to save up for one of these.

Rckcrwlr 02-08-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katan (Post 3552785)
With Kila's configuration you could move the deck forward and use the full cab back and have nothing showing outside the cab.

The reason for the holes is historical, the chassis was drawn 2 years ago for the R2 tranny/disruptor + Killer tcase. As the design evolved I left a few things that might be useful like these alternative mounting points and steering servo location.

Don't fall for it guys...he just forgot to fill them in. :lmao: