Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Just Ordered a new TF2 from RPP!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 02:19 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Just Ordered a new TF2 from RPP!!!

Corey and his CRAZY fast shipping. Placed the order along with a SCT body and it was updated to shipped out within 12 minutes!!!!!!

Well here are plans for my TF2 any suggestions would greatly help...this is my first leaf build and also going to be my 3rd attempt at making a nice clean smooth hardbody.

Drivetrain shouldn't be an issue with an all steel 32P tranny and transfer case. Wish they included Punisher shafts at least!! Looks like MIPs might do the trick but I do like Punisher for the bling factor to match with the shocks....

Planning on running:
1. Either my new waterproofed Sidewinder V2 w/CCBEC or my other waterproofed BRXL from Lucifer which I needed a CCBEC on for the 7950TH. Both CC BEC will be set at 7.4V. Going to be 3s for sure.

2. Servos: Hitec 7950TH I happened to find new in my toolbox!!!! No such thing as too much torque lol. 486oz/in. @ 7.4V on 1.55''s...simply awesome. Or swap out in favor of my 5645MG in my Honcho depending on which rig is heavier. Not sure how heavy the ABS body and interior is going to weigh compared to the SCX10.

Shifter servo will be a 645MG waterproofed as well still waiting for Hitec to mail it back.

3. Motor: Still undecided. Going with my spare Tamiya 27T silver can first see how it does depending on the weight of this rig. I have a back up machine wound Novak 55T I could throw on as well. Or go with a Holmes TM 35T or 45T....Jeremy which Brood motor would you recommend if I went with them?

4. 1.55 stock steelies w/stock mudthrashers at first. Never ran a 1.55" rig so it should be quite a challenge. Maybe 1.7" rc4wd beadlocks in the future or some Mickey T Side Biters in 1.9" raise it a bit with some 100mm shocks maybe....pinch nose and dove tail later down the line.

5. Body/Paint: Tamiya fine model primer at first then sand out imperfections over and over....this body I'm definitely going to take my time on this body. Planned color is Tamiya TS red just like my other scale rigs lol. Question: how many coats of red and how many coats of clear do I put on before decals/stickers?

Stripes will probably be black or silver can't decide...

Eventually: Headlights/tails/dash LED's/trail spot lights/turn signals/maybe rock lights as well. Fender flares later, Tamiya Hilux or Scale Offroad Hilux chrome emblem set, Tamiya Hilux front grill and headlights, Crawler Graphics Hilux stripe set...need a snorkle and eventually fab up a scale tail pipe. Thanks for the inspiration on your 1.55" Tundra pardonmynoob!

6. Using Futaba's new micro RX which isn't quite as micro as Spektrum's but good enough. Running the rig off my 4PL. This will be waterproofed too or at least waterproof the RX box...I'm going to have to look at the kit.

So my plans for my 2.2 MOA rig will be put on hold....I think I have more fun with scale rigs especially building the kits and trying various setups.

I only have time every weekend to run my Baja for about half an hour to an hour nearby my house on Sunday afternoons....so night I'm usually just building away.

So which color scheme and what tire and wheel combos? 1.55, 1.7, or 1.9?

Thanks Everyone!!

I'm a sucker for red/black/chrome lol.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Just Ordered a new TF2 from RPP!!!

You and me both! Mine just shipped today and should be here by Monday!
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Just Ordered a new TF2 from RPP!!!

I like the white scheme in my opinion. And for wheels/ Tires I've heard the

Mickey Thompson 1.9 Baja MTZ Scale Tires were sticky.

I've always liked the look of the Interco IROK 1.7" Scale Tires best though.

And I personally like the look of the OEM Steel 1.9 Stock Beadlock Wheel - Black Edition

But a lot of people run the Pro10 1.9 Steel Stamped Beadlock Wheel (Black)

I'm still saving up for my TF2.. :/
xBLAKEx is offline   Reply With Quote

Just Ordered a new TF2 from RPP!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vonclods tf2 vonclod RC4WD Trail Finder 2 13 07-12-2018 04:10 PM
Tf2 Snowwheeler RC4WD Trail Finder 2 14 08-20-2012 09:39 PM
TF2 4 Link Skater229 RC4WD Trail Finder 2 2 04-09-2012 11:55 PM
Whip's TF2 whiplash RC4WD Trail Finder 2 8 04-01-2012 08:01 PM