Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: new trail finder 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default new trail finder 2

Just ordered myself a trail finder 2! Can't wait for it to get here! Are there any upgrades that need to be done to this truck?
CRAWLERJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: new trsil finder 2

Drive shafts. Also make sure to read through the tips and tricks thread a few times. I did the front shock relocation while building mine.
jdrake19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Drive shafts are a must, Installing the shock hoops behind the axle is a cool trick. Check the input shaft on the transmission for run out. I don't know if rc4wd fixed this yet but the first ones had about 1.2mm of up and down movement that could cause problems with the pinion and spur mesh. If so a few peens around the machined bearing bore with a center punch tightens it right up.
symplyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I've up graded the drive shafts. Mine didn't brake but I saw others had so I ordered them up and installed them during the build. I've also tried the softer red leaf springs and didn't like them. I've put on a set of 1.5 Super Swamper tires and am very happy with them. Due to this mod, I have also installed the RC4WD body lift kit. I installed the XVD axles up front because I had some stub axle failures.(that may have been due to loose front wheel nut so I'll take the blame for that) I'm using a Tekin 35 turn motor with a Holmes Hobbies BRXL which I really like because it has a good drag brake and hasn't given me any problems. I've installed metal bumper mounts and a metal front bumper from RCMODELex and am waiting for a metal rear bumper from Matzilla. I hope you enjoy the build as much as I did.
raceeng18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

i read the tips and trick thread and didthefrt shock hoop mod, then added xvd's, i hear everyone saying bad things about the
redleaf'sbut i have them and im going to try them with the smaller helpers underneath them? i would say use a crawler specific esc
because drag breaks are your friend.
dybbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

i moved the tierod above the leafs and gave the steering servo a little lift kit for high steer, also reverse the front shackles like a real yota best mods iv done.
Skyjacker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:10 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the advice! This is going to an interesting build as it is different from all my scx10s and wraiths. Excited for a true scale ride though!
CRAWLERJOE is offline   Reply With Quote

new trail finder 2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Trail Finder 2 pardonmyn00b Scale Videos! 4 05-02-2012 05:04 AM
On a Sunday trail with Trail Finder.. FinCrawler Scale Videos! 3 08-14-2010 10:56 PM