Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: TF2 LWB Frame Rails for Custom K10?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2017, 07:20 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default TF2 LWB Frame Rails for Custom K10?

Hey guys

Been wanting to cut up my RC4WD Blazer body and make a long box K10 pickup out of it. Obviously it's not easy to change the wheelbase with a leaf sprung setup compared to a linked setup, but I had the idea of using the LWB frame fails as a potential solution. Are there any differences between the LWB TF2 and the regular wheelbase trucks as far as the rest of the chassis pieces?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked. I did a quick search and couldn't find much.
LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2017, 07:32 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: TF2 LWB Frame Rails for Custom K10?

I have all 3 TF2 wheelbases. There is a few differences between each. But the difference with the long and Normal wheelbase mostly is there is a shaft bearing for the rear on the LWB. The body mounts are different the sliders are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Frazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:54 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: TF2 LWB Frame Rails for Custom K10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXGMC View Post
Hey guys

Been wanting to cut up my RC4WD Blazer body and make a long box K10 pickup out of it. Obviously it's not easy to change the wheelbase with a leaf sprung setup compared to a linked setup, but I had the idea of using the LWB frame fails as a potential solution. Are there any differences between the LWB TF2 and the regular wheelbase trucks as far as the rest of the chassis pieces?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked. I did a quick search and couldn't find much.

As mentioned, there are mounts for the carrier bearing. For the most part, everything you are going to be needing to use is identical. The link kits will bolt up of you wanted to go that route in the future etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2003EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote

TF2 LWB Frame Rails for Custom K10? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bending a frame for frame rails buggynutt Tools, and Procedures 7 09-08-2012 01:44 PM