Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Chino mod question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2019, 01:24 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Chino mod question

I did the chino mod an oring mod to my tf2 front an rear leafs now there seems to be a lot of play in the steering, if the truck is sitting an I turn the steering left an right I get a lot of chassis movement before the tires turn, is this normal after these mods ?
fomoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2019, 02:58 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Chino mod question

Hey there, got any pics of the leaves? It would be good to have a nice visual of how you did the mod.
1SLWMoFo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:58 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

i too would like to see some pictures, mainly because i want to do this mod but dont want to do it incorrectly lol
Alexg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:04 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I don't know if there's pics on here anymore or not, probably is somewhere but I watched a couple good videos on this mod last night on YouTube. Use keywords TF2 and flex
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:56 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I know this isn't what OP is asking for but I can at least show here how I did it and I don't notice any undue play in the steering.

Also.. after watching the video several times ( SBG 5 Top Hacks For Leaf Sprung Trucks) the impression that I got was that you don't want to remove too much material... just enough to be able to free-up the corners of the leaf from binding during articulation. I believe that you want to keep the material intact where the bolt goes thru the eye. If you remove material past that point, then the leaf will indeed be able to slide side to side... possibly equating to slop. But as long as the leaf is at it's original width where the bolt goes thru, then there shouldn't be any side-to-side movement... no slop. This mod as I understand it is simply to minimize or eliminate any potential binding when the springs are getting fully compressed and/ or twisted.

Again... Take this with a grain of salt as this is the first time that I've done this mod and am only going by what was outlined on the video.

You can see in the picture that I only removed enough to potentially free-up any edge that may cause binding when the spring is being compressed and twisted. I did this on each end of all four springs so 8 total.

Really hope that this helps someone.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Chino mod question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you prefer the Chino mod over the O-Ring mod or vice-versa? Digital RC4WD Trail Finder 2 1 01-18-2018 02:22 PM
Chino Mod???? tazz888 General Scale Talk 7 08-24-2017 08:52 PM
"Chino" mod question! VR6 BeelzeDub Newbie General 2 03-30-2016 02:03 PM
Chino mod question 2-shot RC4WD Trail Finder 2 5 10-26-2015 04:19 PM