Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Toyota rear bumper pic request....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2019, 09:43 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Toyota rear bumper pic request....

Guys, I am putting together another TF2 standard wheelbase Toyota but this one is for my daughter. I would like to just purchase something I can mount up at first. I know there is many options available so some pics of the one you are running would be fantastic! Please chime in on how you like the bumper as well... I’m looking for feedback and images of different rear bumpers mounted on the Toyota build for reference. Thanks everyone

Last edited by Bananaclip; 06-08-2019 at 08:55 AM.
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2019, 10:03 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Toyota rear bumper pic request....

Dunno what you're working with in terms of body but I have the plastic one from my TF2 MC. It's brand new if you want me to send it to you just let me know.

I'm running the Tough Armor steel tube bumper and I like it except that I need to grind the rec hitch off to minimize it getting hung up. I also have run the steel version of the MC plastic bumper and I like it okay but it makes the body a little hard to put on due to the wrap-around design of it.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:27 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaclip View Post
Guys, I am putting together another TF2 standard wheelbase but this one is for my daughter. I would like to just purchase something I can mount up at first. I know there is many options available so some pics of the one you are running would be fantastic! Please chime in on how you like the bumper as well...

Can’t quite remember the model name, but it’s a RC4WD bumper. If you like it I can dig the box out as I know I have the package with the part number in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fishcharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:07 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Dunno what you're working with in terms of body but I have the plastic one from my TF2 MC. It's brand new if you want me to send it to you just let me know.

I'm running the Tough Armor steel tube bumper and I like it except that I need to grind the rec hitch off to minimize it getting hung up. I also have run the steel version of the MC plastic bumper and I like it okay but it makes the body a little hard to put on due to the wrap-around design of it.

Thanks for the help so far guys. High plains I would like to see this one mounted if you have a pic. Sorry I wasn’t super clear. I’m putting together a standard wheelbase Toyota. I was hoping to see some pics of different steel bumpers mounted up on the Toyota TF2. I wasn’t really needing any pic’s of the standard tube wrap around bumpers that come on the rigs standard. I would like to see what your working with on your build!

Old 06-08-2019, 08:12 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishcharger View Post
Can’t quite remember the model name, but it’s a RC4WD bumper. If you like it I can dig the box out as I know I have the package with the part number in it.

Not necessary my man. Fishcharger thanks for posting the pics. I do like your bumper. My goal with this is to see what the different bumpers look like on the Toyota before I decide which one to order. I was hoping for a little feedback on your thoughts of your choice as well. I hope I can get a few more responses. We always see images of the front of everyone’s rig. Rarely do I see feedback on the rear bumper. I figured this could be a nice thread for anyone that is shopping for rear end protection.

Old 06-08-2019, 04:47 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Here you go... RC4WD Tough Armor steel tube. Like I said, I'm going to chop off the receiver hitch but it's okay for what it is... not my favorite but it matches the front tube bumper and adds only minimal weight.

Old 06-08-2019, 06:12 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Here you go... RC4WD Tough Armor steel tube. Like I said, I'm going to chop off the receiver hitch but it's okay for what it is... not my favorite but it matches the front tube bumper and adds only minimal weight.

Thank you for posting this! I like that design. Question? Can you get it in flush with the body? If so I think you would have less hang ups. It would look really good flush as well IMO.

Old 06-08-2019, 08:07 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I put this rc4wd rear bumper on. Fits great. Doesn't allow great departure angles. But I was looking for something real that I would put on my own truck. Dont recall a part number at the moment but can always look later.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:18 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaclip View Post
Thank you for posting this! I like that design. Question? Can you get it in flush with the body? If so I think you would have less hang ups. It would look really good flush as well IMO.

I'm right there with you. Problem is that with the original TF2 ( #1 straight) bumper mount, this particular bumper only fits if you mount it more rearward in order to clear the body. That hurt the departure angle even more than the way that I have it now... using the optional TF2 ( #2 middle) bumper mount which allows you to bring the bumper forward but unfortunately it also sits lower. It was a trade off but regardless... neither mount allows this particular bumper to sit as flush against the body as it needs to be.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:20 AM   #10

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

I'm using https://store.rc4wd.com/Tough-Armor-...-2_p_6873.html

It snuggles right up under the bed. As previously mentioned I chopped off the hitch receiver for more clearance.
mthomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:31 AM   #11

Amazon has some inexpensive bumper options too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071XM9P57...86610_TE_dp_i2

That's the front I've ordered to try on mine.
mthomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:36 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I love the metal version of the stock marlin bumper. It really helps protect the rear of the truck and looks good.

mud bogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:58 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud bogger View Post
I love the metal version of the stock marlin bumper. It really helps protect the rear of the truck and looks good.

How do you get the tailgate down?

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using Tapatalk
Renslipevol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:51 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

The tailgate is molded into the bed. I would love to have one that folds down on the next one.
mud bogger is offline   Reply With Quote

Toyota rear bumper pic request.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear Sway Bar Questions (Pic Request) Coastie07 Vaterra Twin Hammers 32 04-23-2013 12:49 AM
Pic request, honcho w/dingo front bumper Jer Axial SCX-10 5 02-26-2011 08:21 AM
Pic request mikeytlt Tires and Wheels 0 10-03-2009 07:14 AM
pic request bigblazerboy General Scale Talk 0 12-27-2007 01:53 PM
help me with my rear belt please. pic request b2bomber General Crawlers 0 09-04-2006 07:53 AM