Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: 2011 recon adventure series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 10:01 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default 2011 recon adventure series

R.E.C.O.N. Adventure Series.

The RAS series was a huge success and all the thanks goes to the participating drivers. Every driver did a great job with posting their results links and helping us work the bugs out of a first of its kind points race. There has been a magnitude of questions about the return of the RAS series and the answer to those questions is “YES”! We have a new format with minimal driver responsibility, western regions, and as always, rubber to rock grabbin’ FUN!

Our 2010 R.E.C.O.N. Adventure Series Champion is Jake Wright. Jake is a pro 2.2 driver for Losi Racing and for 2010, he is having a r/c crawling hall of fame year. Congratulations to Mr. Wright and we here at RECON could not ask for a better Champion. Good luck to Jake defending his championship and good luck all the drivers gunning for the 2011 Championship title.

The R.E.C.O.N. Adventure Series,( R.A.S.), is points based competitive 2.2 r/c crawler adventure with driver rewards. RECON will track the finishing position of qualified drivers from May 1st, 2010; to April 30th, 2011. The drivers best 10 finishes will be posted and updated as needed with an additional 5 kept for tie breaking purposes. Attend and compete in as many comps as you want as long as they meet the comp qualifications (see below) those comps will be added to your RAS standings.

For example: If the comp that the driver attends has 20 competitors and the participating driver finishes 1st; that driver will receive 20 points. The same driver finishes last at the same comp; that driver will receive 1 point.

A driver can accumulate more points by attending more comps in their surrounding areas. A driver can accumulate more points by attending comps with more competitors.

There are comp requirements that must be met for the comp to qualify as a R.A.S. points scoring comp.

- The event must be posted, (flier optional), in the RCC Competition section. The results must also be posted in the RCC comp/results section.

- If a clubs preference is to hold a comp at the same location, for what ever reason, then a minimum time of 3 weeks between comps is required. For example, an indoor weekly comp series/league is not eligible for R.A.S. points. The only way a weekly indoor comp can be counted is if the host announces that the comp will be a R.A.S. point comp and meets the time requirement. A one off comp held at an indoor location is eligible.

- A comp must have a minimum of 10 competitors.

New for the 2010/2011 RAS series is the Western Regions. RECON has divided up the Western States into 3 regions. Each regional driver will have their points tracked and standings updated by Recons RAS personnel and those drivers can keep track of the “whose who” of their region. There will be an over all top 25 standings posted as well, to see who is dominating the Western Regions.

The RAS series is open for all Western Regional 2.2 pro drivers. The exception being a RECON Chapter club that is east of the Mississippi River or any RECON members that reside east of the Mississippi River. These drivers will be added to Region 3.

Driver requirements:

- Any 2.2 pro driver willing to “do work” is eligible

- A driver who wishes to participate needs to pm sococrawler on rccrawler.com or reconcrawlers.com with your full name and screen name and what state and what club you’re with. This is very important to keep your points accurate and ease the tracking of your points. If you have not pm’d sococrawler by Dec. 1st, your name will be removed from the standings and your points will not be tracked for the remainder of the 2011 RAS series.

- A driver does not need to be an R.E.C.O.N. member to participate; although, memberships are available and have an affect on what can be won.

How the R.A.S. works:
- A driver competes in 2.2 r/c crawling competitions anywhere and everywhere.

- The more comps the driver attends or the more competitors at a comp will increase the amount of points a driver can earn.

- There is no limit on the number of comps that a driver may compete in during the year, just as long as the comps meet R.A.S. comp requirements.

- R.A.S. at the end of April, will take the best 10 over all results from each driver and that will determine the final score. In the event of a tie, the next best comp result will be used to break the tie and if need be, continue until the tie score is broken.

-Each Region will have a Regional Champion crowned. The top 3 drivers in each region will receive a 2011 AWCC invite. The 9 drivers that qualify will be battling it out at the 2011 AWCC for the 2011 RAS Championship title. Be the highest placing driver out of the 9 and you’ll be crowned champion. Do work!

Here are the 3 Western Regions:

-Region 1- California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

-Region 2- New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming.

-Region 3- Texas, North Dakota, South Dakota, Arkansas, Louisiana, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, and Missouri. Also included in Region 3 are the Buffalo, New York Chapter WNYRCC and any current or future RECON member.

R.E.C.O.N. Adventure Series Awards.

- 1st place finish for a non-member driver will be the exclusive R.A.S. trophy and an invite for the 2011 AWCC. The driver will also receive a RECON Adventure Series shirt.

- 1st place finish for an R.E.C.O.N. member** driver will be the exclusive R.A.S. trophy. A paid trip to the 2010 West Coast Championships*, this includes up to $500 dollars towards airfare or gas, lodging, an award dinner for two, entry into the event, and transportation to and from airport. As well as a RECON Adventure Series drivers shirt with drivers name, club name, (if applicable), RECON Chapter name, (if applicable), and a list of the winning drivers sponsors logos, (if applicable).

- 2nd place: R.A.S. series t-shirt and pendant and invite.

- 3rd place: R.A.S. series t-shirt and pendant and invite.

* For a member to receive the trip benefits, the driver must attend the 2010 A.W.C.C. and show travel expenses for flight/gas to the event.
**A driver must be a RECON member by January 31, 2011 to qualify for the members 1st place award and all other RECON membership perks.

The 2011 R.E.C.O.N. Adventure Series started May 1, 2010 and will end on April 30, 2011.

Good luck to the 2.2 pro class drivers that seek the adventure of competition. The R.A.S. point’s race will be a journey into the r/c crawling world worth embarking on.

Support you local, regional, and national r/c rock crawling competitions and DO WORK!

Adventure has a name…R.E.C.O.N.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

The current RAS Standings are posted.

Congrats to all the top drivers in your region and good luck staying at the top. If I know how competitive most of you are, the standings are sure to change more that DickWarts wardrobe...

link to standings:

http://reconcrawlers.freeforums.org/...ings-t663.html
Old 10-14-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
Gold Star Baby!

Default posting results

we are currently updating the standings for all of the POSTED COMP RESULTS from this weekend. DID YOUR CLUB POST THEIR RESULTS? make sure they do, don't miss out on this!
SoCo Crawlgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
Relaxed !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
The current RAS Standings are posted.

Congrats to all the top drivers in your region and good luck staying at the top. If I know how competitive most of you are, the standings are sure to change more that DickWarts wardrobe...

link to standings:

http://reconcrawlers.freeforums.org/...ings-t663.html
RESULTS ARE UPDATED !!!!!! CHECK OUT THE CHANGES!!!! MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER WITH sococrawler by DEC 1st to keep your comps tracked and be eligable for the RAS series.
sococrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:05 AM   #5
Relaxed !

Default Do work driver's

Good luck and do work to all driver's this weekend!
all available comps to be input will be input by wed at the latest for this weekends round (s) of competition!

things are heating up as more comps are coming your way!
good luck and "Do Work"!
Old 10-15-2010, 10:42 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have to sign up to be a member to be included in the Recon series thing? Looking at the lists I'm included along with alot of others I know have never signed up and never planed to. Why is this so?
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:35 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrockr View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have to sign up to be a member to be included in the Recon series thing? Looking at the lists I'm included along with alot of others I know have never signed up and never planed to. Why is this so?
Consider yourself wrong and I have no problem correcting you. No you do not have to be a member to participate in the R.A.S. Series. This "thing" was the first ever points series to track a drivers comp finishes and place those drivers in an over all ranking; no matter what part of the country they lived in! Jake Wright is the 2010 R.A.S. Champion and earned that title by consistantly finishing on top of the podium at comps all across the country. He was not a member.

This is a free series to participate in that we provide because of our love for r/c rock crawling and to give drivers another incentive to travel to surrounding clubs in their areas or the USRCCA Qualifiers to compete. Supporting comps at the local, state, and national level is important in the growth of our sport and I am passionate about the growth of our sport.

Currently, there are over 500 drivers being tracked since May 1st! RECON is a r/c crawling club that goes above and beyond to create an adventure in r/c rock crawling. We currently have Chapter Clubs in 5 states. Those clubs are all independent from each other and run their clubs differently. The WPRCCA chapter club built the The North Sea-Tac RC Park for all r/c enthusiasts; not just members. Each club gives their drivers an adventure in competition. The RAS series is one of the ways RECON gives back to all the drivers in our sport; not just RECON members.

It is unfortunate that you feel the way you do. All I can say is follow the series until the end of November; if you still feel the same way, simply do not pm sococrawler with your driver information and your name will be dropped from the standings and not tracked for the remainder of the series.

Until then, DO WORK, DRIVER, because your points are being tracked.

-Parker

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 10-15-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I for one love it!

Less work for me, they track the scores so all I have to do is work!

I think everyone should give parker and his crew a huge round of applause for tracking all these scores.

Keep up the great work guys!
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #9
Relaxed !

well said gentleman, well said!

all i know is, is that it took my wife 3 1/2 weeks to track down, input, organize,and update all 5-600 driver's that are in weekly/monthly comps, and this is 8 hrs a day min! (of course she is a stay at home) daycare provider, but the fact that people do not want to be tracked is kinda off to me! we have an exceptional amount of love for this sport, and wish luck to all that comp and enjoy this like we do!
Old 10-15-2010, 10:20 PM   #10
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
if you want a chance at the paid trip to the AWCC you must be a paid recon member, otherwise you just earn the invite and a shirt if you register which takes a few min of your time
Old 10-15-2010, 10:23 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Well said Parker!!!

Randy, the work you and Mindy put into RECON is immeasurable and greatly appreciated! Without the support of people like you and Mindy, we would not be able to do what we do! Remember, the people that participate appreciate all of your hard work.
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:11 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Not trying to be an ass or start any arguments but here's what I see. This really only pays off for those that can afford or are willing to travel all over the country to the big turnout comps to earn big points. Personally I love crawling, only reason I still attend comps is because I still have fun, but life has other priority's for me and traveling all over the place for toy trucks isn't that high on the list. Thus the reason I knew I'd not be signing up and my misunderstanding on how my name was on your list.

It just seems that instead of spending hours and hours and weeks tracking 5-600 people you could cut that time drastically by tracking only those that choose to sign up. Would help free up some spare time to go crawling. Good luck to all that are going for the win.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:31 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinbaja View Post
Well said Parker!!!

Randy, the work you and Mindy put into RECON is immeasurable and greatly appreciated! Without the support of people like you and Mindy, we would not be able to do what we do! Remember, the people that participate appreciate all of your hard work.
Brad hit it right on the head here, you two are a pleasure to be around. Well Mindy anyway your outlook and helpfulness at the comps. is very refreshing. Thanks for all you do
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:15 AM   #14
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Not trying to be an ass or start any arguments but here's what I see. This really only pays off for those that can afford or are willing to travel all over the country to the big turnout comps to earn big points. Personally I love crawling, only reason I still attend comps is because I still have fun, but life has other priority's for me and traveling all over the place for toy trucks isn't that high on the list. Thus the reason I knew I'd not be signing up and my misunderstanding on how my name was on your list.

It just seems that instead of spending hours and hours and weeks tracking 5-600 people you could cut that time drastically by tracking only those that choose to sign up. Would help free up some spare time to go crawling. Good luck to all that are going for the win.
after the people regisiter it will be easier to track once i know who i am looking for and some of these people will be merged, due to diffrent clubs use screen names and other use the drivers name. I know I'm not in the running but I am registered to see where i rank against the others in my area, and it costs me nothing. RECON is about pushing our drivers to try new things, and we want to share it. it's an ADVENTURE series as the name implies, no pressure to join, we just wanted to show everyone where they were and that we are dedicated to this. and fortunatley this in no way takes away from my crawling time. we went comp by comp and enetered in each driver, if we had waited I would have had to go back and look through all the comps for a single name every time some one joined. i hope you take some time to register or not, and good luck with your crawling and keep enjoying the sport.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #15
Relaxed !

Quote:

Jason, everyone's name that we could find in the comp thread's is listed, we are doing this to show people where they stand, if they wish to sign up by dec 1st then they will still be tracked if they don't then so be it!
would you like us to remove your name from the list ? if so we will, if not then we won't, you of all people know being a KOH competitor that standing's greatly improve your outlook and moral! It was a pleasure to meet ya at nat's and hope to crawl with ya again!

And on a side note, this does not take any time out of our crawling, we do not worry bout a single thing till monday or tues when all scores have been posted, so it is relatively no problem for us!

Thanks again and "DO WORK" Driver

Randy
Old 10-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

It doesn't matter to me if I'm on there or not, I was just confused on how I got included. My memory sucks now days but I thought you had to sign up to be included, I thought that's how it was last year. Now that I understand how the lists were made this year I get it. Ya'll have some big dedication keeping track of all that and you deserve props for that, not an easy task at all.

I only do the rc stuff cause I have fun, don't really care how I stack up to anyone else. That's just how I had to look at it to keep the fun in it for me. Again not bashing anything you guys are doing, it'll bring more fun for some, not so much for others. We're all different and there's nothing wrong with that. I wish you and all that participate good luck.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:56 PM   #17
Relaxed !

we hope everyone had a safe and fun weekend, update's will be done by wed, assuming all comp score's are posted!
thank you
Randy
Old 10-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #18
Gold Star Baby!

Default Updates are done!!!!!

updated as of 10/20/2010 for all comps that have been posted and qualify for the RAS series. check it out there has been some big changes in region 2 and 3. Looking forward to seeing how you all do this weekend. Make sure you register and your club posts your scores! Have a great weekend n good luck!!

Last edited by SoCo Crawlgirl; 10-20-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #19
Gold Star Baby!

just for fun we ranked the top 50 drivers overall, WE ARE NOT TRACKING THIS, once a again i just put everyone in the same pot to see where they were! Have fun!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #20
Im Brandon

Very cool! Thanks for tracking everyone. Its awesome to see that

BTW, Brandon Coonce (Screen name = Brandon)
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote