Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: R.E.C.O.N. G6 Challenge "Love of Rock"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Nice pictures and video. Parker you are the MAN Nice to see big dogs like you always positive and upbeat! Makes it fun for the rest of us little dogs Sorry I missed it. BUT may have a line on a job based out of Reno, I hope I'll be able to have some weekends off

Last edited by fvrr; 02-20-2011 at 01:12 PM.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2011, 03:33 AM   #42

Pictures are up and can be found here. They are mostly of my trail buddy's rig, and man was it awesome.

Driving a CC01 through the course showed me how perfectly suited it is for this kind of challenge. The short wheel base and track width helped out a ton, though it did hinder me through some gates, like the ones with a sharp drop off. Also, because of the weight and tight treads, it did pretty well in the snow. Plenty of wheel speed and torque with a 55t. I'd love to run it again in a G6 and know it'll have no problems. Anyone else with a CC01 out there, I would absolutely recommend entering and competing with it - you'll have a blast like I did! Wish I could have got more pictures of it in action though (any really )

Initial runs were a bit intense, fighting the snow.

Thanks again Parker and the rest of the G6 Team!
Smoke&Mirrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Nice pictures Ray, I'm impressed on the running of the cc01 Looking forward to my mrc samurai now
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Nice pictures Ray, I'm impressed on the running of the cc01 Looking forward to my mrc samurai now
Thanks Martin, it was a blast running it. Any other G6's coming up that are 1.9 only, I'm running the CC01 for sure. It's almost like it has its own theme song as it putts along. It goes "CC, 01!". I bet a solid axle sami would be sweet. You know I want to build one too, I have the axles, I just need to get a frame together for it.

As a side note, if there's a way to make it work Parker and G6 crew, I'd love to run around when I'm not driving and take some awesome action shots of all the rigs competing. Obviously the ones from this event were a bit biased to my trail buddy. I'm sure he doesn't mind, huh Mike?
Smoke&Mirrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:28 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke&Mirrors View Post
As a side note, if there's a way to make it work Parker and G6 crew, I'd love to run around when I'm not driving and take some awesome action shots of all the rigs competing. Obviously the ones from this event were a bit biased to my trail buddy. I'm sure he doesn't mind, huh Mike?

That can be arranged!
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:29 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

The latest R.E.C.O.N. G6 Challenge, “The Love of Rock”, had a choir of snow angels and their voices sang out; “let it snow, let it snow, let it snow” and it did. Those snow angels sang all night and it snowed all night, but the G6 Challenge drivers embrace everything Mother Nature can throw at them; snow is now exception. Besides, when Mother Nature is on her period, I give her a tampon and two Midol and “do work”. (Okay, this case she got two snow shovels and a bunch of sweat!)

Chasinbaja, his two sons, Spucknit, Arcain41, and I embarked on a snow shoveling expedition of near scale biblical proportions. I’m not sure how much snow we shoveled, but I can tell you that we shoveled about 17 scale miles of the wet white stuff and every scoop was worth it. I can’t thank these guys enough for all their hard work and patience.

Due to the conditions, the stage format was changed. Slated was two 100 trail marker stages or two Main Stages, but what the drivers had to face was two shorter 50 trail marker stages. Oh, did I forget to mention that the drivers had to do 3 laps per stage. That’s right, 150 trail markers per stage, for a total of 300 trail markers and 6 laps of constantly changing stage conditions. The Love of Rock G6 has just turned into a multi-lap, ever changing, love of driving!

Mother Nature played her part by providing snow, the G-Team did their part in clearing the snow, but it was the drivers that showed up that made this G6 inspirational. 19 drivers teched their rigs into impound and mentally prepared themselves for what was about to take place. I want to thank the 10 out of town drivers for making the trip to Sparks, NV to challenge themselves in the Love of Rock G6. Yes, over half of the field was from out of town and since it had been snowing for almost 3 days, 7 of those 10 drove over Donner Pass from California to get their scaler fix in a RECON G6. Thank you all, I appreciate your passion and am glad that ya’ll have a great time.

A special thanks to Mr. Webb. He was the only driver to deliver chocolate to the scorekeeper’s tent, but not just any chocolate, Toblerone of Switzerland! Mr. Webb, YES, I’ll be your Valentine! Thank you, this stuff is goooooood!

The driving was insane, I drove lines I never thought possible with a scaler, but my Axial Trail Honcho, Lil’ Lexus ate up mud, snow, water, and bad driving, but not once did it fail me. I will never forget this G6, because my brother came up from Las Vegas and drove his stock Axial Trail Honcho in stage 2. This is the first time my brother has ever been to an event and I was stoked that he not only drove well, but he is hooked. Thank you, Axial, for a capable scaler right out of the box that anyone can drive and have fun with. I would also like to thank by stage buddy, Brad. His Axial Trail Honcho had some “out of the box” demons, but that did not stop him from having fun.

The following drivers met the Love of Rock challenge and finished on the podium. In winning order, Thom K. Axial supported scale driver took top honors. Just 19 seconds behind him, Jeremy Clark held down the second spot and just a penalty winch and some change behind him in third place, a local r/c OG, Daniel.

Here is the results link and a HUGE thanks to everyone who spent their Saturday with RECON at the Love of Rock G6!

http://reconcrawlers.freeforums.org/r-e-...-t802.html

See everyone at the next one.

-Parker

DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke&Mirrors View Post
Thanks Martin, it was a blast running it. Any other G6's coming up that are 1.9 only, I'm running the CC01 for sure. It's almost like it has its own theme song as it putts along. It goes "CC, 01!". I bet a solid axle sami would be sweet. You know I want to build one too, I have the axles, I just need to get a frame together for it.

Awesome pics!!! Hell nah I didn't mind lol
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:58 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Chainsaw
February 19, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Permalink | Reply
Lets start off with…..Brains G6 series should be officially renamed: G “sics” series. As a first time ever to the scale RC truck world, I saw the reason today, on 2-19-11. Snow as deep as 7 2 8 inches blanketed ROCK PARK the location I arrived @ when I saw dedication, motivation & and enthusiasm as individuals worked on shoveling out the ever-changing course design (details L8TR).
Brian Parker as you all know he’s “BUB” 2 me, stayed up L8 putting the finishing touches on my new scaler to get me ready for my first run. Brad & Stewart were explaining things to me while Brian was giving the Drivers Brief for the courses he layed out. Being my first event I’ve only heard and read articles about these types of events. I saw people there who had driven from other states and drove through harsh weather conditions to put their scalers on the ground. While I was gearing up @ the G-Ride, I overheard 2 individuals say ” I read, Parker’s courses was worth the trip so thats why I came”. The other indivdual replied,” I’ve drove in courses Parkers designed before and with this weather were in for an experience, its gonna be a good day”. I smiled with envy knowing that I was in for a treat.
The image came to my mind, of young Brian Parker carving out nasty dirt roads in backyard dirt piles so neighborhood kids could get lost in their imagination and put their best matcbox cars to the dirt….30 yrs L8R, Brian Parker is still making those dirt roads so people can put their scaled down RC and get lost in their favorite hobby….I can’t wait to start.
Driver ready…. 3 2 1 GO, Ok so I was off and negotiating gates 1-50 x 3 through snow, H2O and and Ostrich egg sized FN rock laced with yes U guessed it ice. Take UR time, slow is fast, reverse is free, keep ur momenteum, WTF I’m just trIng to keep my rig between the gates and my feet from freezing …..Oh sorry I forgot , keep the Red tag to the right as my drivers buddy boasted..I was briefed as I made my way through lap 1 on tips and information on the course. I learned quick that a 3 min. tow strap penalty sucked but, as a rookie I muked through it.
I mentioned earlier “ever-changing course” well Lap 2 was the same gates but, frozen hills were thawing, ice was melting and H2O was getting deeper and the tow strap was a thorn. By Lap 3 the course was even more challenging. The sun was baking down on the PARK and other drivers had walked over the course. I was having a BLAST, and so was my bladder, caught in the moment I and to stop the rig and take a much needed Driver Pit Stop. Whew, trying to hurry back and needing to gain back as much time as I could, I was back negotiating gates nearing the finish…..GOOD JOB !! way 2 go, HUH what did ya think… as I sat my scaler down and watched the mud snow just drop off my scaler as I was admiring all the new scrathes on my newly MURDERED OUT “DEA” painted body.
I finished, I didn’t care what place I was concerned about all the TOW STRAP penalties LOL 19..calculated 2 65 minutes nice nice who cares I had FUN. I looked @ and noticed double the amount of people had showed up to take part in what I just experienced and more vehicles were pulling in. Overall there must have been close to 100 people their watching, taking photos/video and particpating in the G6….So I hope now ya’ll see with all the above factors in the equation, how I came to my solution “G sics” because it was “SICK”
Shortly there after I headed back to Vegas and had a chance to reflect back on the morning….and realized that I will be spreading the word about the AWESOME time I had this morning to all my friends. So please Give a big PROPS TO PARKER and his club for putting on one hell of an event in RENO. Not only is he a LOUD, OUTGOING and full of $%*@#^ I’m PROUD to say He’s my BROTHER keep up the fun and DO WORK DRIVERS seee @ the VEGAS “G6″
Thanks 4 everything BRO !!!!
Chainsaw
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote