RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Recon G6 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/recon-g6/)
-   -   The Official RECON G6 Q & A Thread (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/recon-g6/459166-official-recon-g6-q-thread.html)

mtbett 04-02-2014 02:04 PM

Re: The Official RECON G6 Q & A Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeeno (Post 4731299)
A 35t on 3s makes for a good combo of torque for crawling and wheel speed when it's needed.

Yea I second the motion switching to 32 pitch is a good choice when going with the 3 cell..

RoadserviceNR 04-02-2014 07:11 PM

Has there been any changes to the availability of footage from the Swine Swagger G6 in AR?

sidehiller 04-03-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbett (Post 4731698)
Yea I second the motion switching to 32 pitch is a good choice when going with the 3 cell..

I third 35T motor on 3S. And second the switching to 32p gearing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff@TireBalls 04-15-2014 09:00 AM

How is the driver of the day determined?

1santaever 08-17-2014 09:14 PM

Ok so I have a few questions I found out about the recon g6 the hills have eyes event in Arkansas in October and was wondering I have a stock scx10 jeep wrangler I have mip drive shafts and a roof rack I know I need a tow strap I plan on making it lol I have a small budget of about 200 bucks that I can spend on up grades for my truck I have no lights at this time I have never comped or anything what is the best upgrades to get and I do have a complete scx10 slider that I will have for spare parts if this is the wrong spot sorry just trying to be prepared lol

Skeeno 08-18-2014 08:50 AM

A stock scx10 will do fine in a g6. For the night stage I would get the cheap axial led set and throw some headlights on.

ROLANDROCKSHOP 08-18-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadserviceNR (Post 4732148)
Has there been any changes to the availability of footage from the Swine Swagger G6 in AR?

Im still waiting myself...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff@TireBalls (Post 4746025)
How is the driver of the day determined?

Tally up the score cards..
who completed the drivers challenges..
who hit the least amount of gates..
who had the least amount of penalties and who payed attention on trail and found the items.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1santaever (Post 4867585)
Ok so I have a few questions I found out about the recon g6 the hills have eyes event in Arkansas in October and was wondering I have a stock scx10 jeep wrangler I have mip drive shafts and a roof rack I know I need a tow strap I plan on making it lol I have a small budget of about 200 bucks that I can spend on up grades for my truck I have no lights at this time I have never comped or anything what is the best upgrades to get and I do have a complete scx10 slider that I will have for spare parts if this is the wrong spot sorry just trying to be prepared lol

A bone stock honcho made it thru with a few repairs. If the driver drives smart he will finish no problem.
If you don't put lights on your rig,at least get a good headlamp.
Id upgrade the links if you hadn't already..steering and lower links to keep things straight.

1santaever 08-18-2014 12:29 PM

Ok that makes me feel better lol my jeep was a kit so I have metal links all the way around but that's it don't want to drive over 800 miles and not be prepared lol

ROLANDROCKSHOP 08-18-2014 03:24 PM

Don't worry bro..
between all of us and our spare parts..
i think we could rebuild a truck entirely if we absolutely had to.:lmao:

I know I carry enough spares to rebuild my rig.

"thumbsup"

1santaever 08-18-2014 06:27 PM

Lol well I'm going to book my hotel in a few days and if I break something it better be season and on video lol I have never broken anything yet I did have a drive shaft wear out

Tgreer 08-18-2014 07:03 PM

Ok, read through all these pages and didn't find what I was looking for. I need some clarification on what is counted as a scale item. I know the obvious stuff that you strap to the rig, but my question is on these items:

Windshield wipers (like on the tf2)
Functional lights
Winch (functional or fake)
Seats
Steering wheel
Side mirrors
Bolt on fender flares
D rings
Tire carrier

These type items are more blurry and I don't know???

Jslick 08-18-2014 08:33 PM

Why has there been nothing posted about the very first East Coast G6 here in Pa at Rausch Creek ORP? I was hoping there would be more exposure or at least a write up.

DRIVNMF 08-18-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jslick (Post 4868468)
Why has there been nothing posted about the very first East Coast G6 here in Pa at Rausch Creek ORP? I was hoping there would be more exposure or at least a write up.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/recon...ml#post4868532

There ya, Go Jslick!

That cattle prod was set on "HAWT" :shock:;-):ror:

DRIVNMF 08-18-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tgreer (Post 4868367)
Ok, read through all these pages and didn't find what I was looking for. I need some clarification on what is counted as a scale item. I know the obvious stuff that you strap to the rig, but my question is on these items:

Windshield wipers (like on the tf2)
Functional lights
Winch (functional or fake)
Seats
Steering wheel
Side mirrors
Bolt on fender flares
D rings
Tire carrier

These type items are more blurry and I don't know???

All those count as scale items. Great question. I think Axial has a parts tree with windshield wipers, too. Windshield wipers are proper and really add a scale touch.

wilbywise 10-06-2014 04:17 PM

This might have been covered already but I am having a tough time finding it if so.. I have managed to get some individual LED's and a LED light bar wired up to my honcho, so I am set for the rig. However I noticed some people were also using headlamps or flashlights attached to the TX or themselves. Is there a limit on external/personal lights for the night course? Thanks

DRIVNMF 10-07-2014 01:55 AM

No sir. There may or may not be a " truck light" only section.

jeepscx10 10-10-2014 01:42 PM

When's the next time there will be a g6 near Omaha, Nebraska? possibly st louis? Would love to go to one but they all seem to be on the east and west coasts

TREE 10-10-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepscx10 (Post 4916507)
When's the next time there will be a g6 near Omaha, Nebraska? possibly st louis? Would love to go to one but they all seem to be on the east and west coasts

Figure out how many G6ers will attend and then PM Parker.

If that does not work then get into your 1:1 and drive to the East or West coast and participate in one...
Trust me they are well worth the drive.
I'm looking at flying to Hawaii to be apart of the Shaka Brah Classic this year.... hopefully.

jeepscx10 10-10-2014 04:48 PM

Well in our local Omaha group of about 30+ people they said they would go if there was one close

minicrawlerguy530 10-16-2014 08:10 PM

When is the next nor cal g6?