Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: RECON G6 "Traction Reaction" presented by Pit Bull Tires & White Lotus Tattoo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default RECON G6 "Traction Reaction" presented by Pit Bull Tires & White Lotus Tattoo

What - RECON G6 “Traction Reaction” presented by Pit Bull Tires & White Lotus Tattoo & Art Gallery

When - Saturday September 13, 2014

Where - Rausch Creek Off-Road Park https://www.google.com/maps?t=m&sll=...output=classic

Directions - From St. Louis, MO - Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions
From Sacramento, CA - Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions
From New York, NY - Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions
From Toronto, Canada - Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions

Rivas Concepts Show-n-Shine - Who will take home Best of Show honors? Who will take home RECON Ready Honors? The RC Show-n-Shine is open to all rigs. Bring your collection and take home bragging rights!

Online Registration - OpenEvent5

G-Fee - 1.9 & 2.2 Adventurist Classes / Expedition Classes - $25 for one stage or $35 for day & night stage.
1.9 & 2.2 Drivin Durty Class (15 & under) - $15 for one stage or $25 for day & night stage.

Gate Fee - $5 per person. Rausch Creek is one of the premiere off-road parks in the country. G Central will be indoors & have power for charging, pits, and award ceremonies.

Camping - Primitive camping is available on site.

Food & Lodging - Camping & Lodging | Rausch Creek Off-Road Park

Driver Check In & Rivas Concepts Show Shine Staging - 9:30am - 10:30am (note: Judging will start at 10:15am.

Drivers Meeting - 10:30am

Start Time - Day Stage - Following Drivers Meeting and National Anthem

Night Stage - Drivers Meeting at 6:45pm

Note: Drivers will need a headlamp and/or a light attached to their controller.

Classes

- 1.9 Adventurist - All makes and models rolling on 1.9 scale tires. If you have stretched a 1.9 tire over a 2.2 rim, cool. Just no cut and shuts or comp tires, unless a ya don’t mind a time penalty.

- 2.2 Adventurist - All makes and models rollin’ on big tires! No matter what axles you have them mounted on, if it’s a 2.2 scale tire, this is your class. Showcase those big tires in special 2.2 Adventurist Only sections.

- 6x6 Expedition Class - If you like big rigs and 6 wheel drive, then this class is for you. With a special class only section, your skills are sure to challenged. This class is for 1.9 tires only.

- N-Tow Expedition Class - This class is for 1.9 scale drivers that enjoy pulling a trailer on their scale adventure. It’s not just an empty trailer, there will be some cargo and special driving challenges as well.

- RECON Ready Open Class - Is a class for the Axial Jeep Wrangler G6. Everything is open except for tire size. 1.9 Tires and driving sections that will push driver and machine, the RECON Ready Open Class is a “Do Work, Driver” kinda class.

- 15 & Under Adventurist - Our young G6’ers to “do work” in.

- Drivin’ Divas - For all the lady drivers of scale adventure.

Traction Reaction Intel

- A tow strap is mandatory.
- A winch in not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- 10 scale items is mandatory. (An Axial RTR meets this requirement)
- 10 coal mining scale items are not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- A 1”x 1” minimum soap carving of your choice is not mandatory, but is required to enter the Drivers Club. All soap carvings must be turned into G Central prior to the day stage.
- A spare tire is not mandatory, but highly recommended and may or may not be used for a driver challenge.
- A scale white lotus flower is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- A scale boat, canoe, kayak, innertube, or raft is mandatory for the day stage. Not having a scale boat may result in a time penalty, driving penalty, or pink tutu wearing penalty.
- Having a scale Pittsburgh Steeler bumper sticker on your G Ride / Scaler is not mandatory, but highly recommended.

Traction Reaction Stage Intel

- Each RECON G6 Stage will feature some of Mother Nature’s sickest Pennsylvania terra firma.
- The day stage will consist of three loops. Two will push the limits of driver and scaler. The third will tattoo a driver and truck if driving smart is not practiced. One loop may or may not have you enjoying Lake Cristy.
- There may or may not be any “clear dirt” on the night stage.

Shhhh, can you hear that East Coast? The G Train is coming. Pit Bull Tires & White Lotus Tattoo & Art Gallery have scheduled the first East Coast RECON G6 at the infamous Rausch Creek Off-Road Park.

Come get your scale adventure fix, in the Traction Reaction RECON G6!
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RECON G6 "Traction Reaction" presented by Pit Bull Tires & White Lotus Tattoo

We're Ready,,,At Least My Camp Is...Can't Wait,,,,
dezmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:14 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RECON G6 "Traction Reaction" presented by Pit Bull Tires & White Lotus Tattoo

Thanks Parker for getting the info up. Sept is going to be a busy and fun month.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:42 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Sounds like a blast, if it was'nt the weekend after Nats I would be there. You guys have fun, Rausch is the perfect place for a G6.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:44 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezmoon View Post
We're Ready,,,At Least My Camp Is...Can't Wait,,,,
Hmmm, The "Right" Coast is surely in for a good time. I'm headed to the "Promised Land" of NFL Greatness! I have a feeling the spirit of 6 Superbowl Rings may have an adverse affect on the stage of the RECON G6 Traction Reaction presented by Pit Bull Tires and White Lotus Tattoo.

So "Ready for Anything" may be just the ticket!

See ya soon, my Friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
Thanks Parker for getting the info up. Sept is going to be a busy and fun month.
You are welcome. Any idea on what your soap carving is going to be???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Sounds like a blast, if it was'nt the weekend after Nats I would be there. You guys have fun, Rausch is the perfect place for a G6.
You will be missed, but can you really have too much RC Driving action?
Old 08-20-2014, 01:15 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
You will be missed, but can you really have too much RC Driving action?
Never, just hard to get away from work and life 2 weeks in a row.

Looking forward to pics and vids!
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:15 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Since they are local and can be found up there, I will be carving a bear.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:00 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Signed up, got my ticket and am ready to board the train.

http://www.recong6.com/traction-reaction.html

Last edited by Jslick; 08-21-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:50 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Officially signed up, now to find time to get the rig ready!
marzzz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:12 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

1 More Week and a Wake Up!!!!!
dezmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:49 PM   #11

Can you spectate at these events? My daughter and I have never been and want to check it out and we only have a stock Wraith and stock Yeti. We would like to check it out and then get the rigs ready over time for the next one.

Thanks for the info!
Tower513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:10 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Just signed up.. Should be a great time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower513 View Post
Can you spectate at these events? My daughter and I have never been and want to check it out and we only have a stock Wraith and stock Yeti. We would like to check it out and then get the rigs ready over time for the next one.

Thanks for the info!
Yes, I don't see why not, it is a great way to learn which upgrades are best for this type of event.
jmz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 01:24 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Thanks for the info!
Yes. Come out and spectate, but an Axial stock rig is ready right out of the box for a RECON G6.

I can't tell you how many stock rtr's have finished a RECON G6. Besides, the best way to learn is to participate. You would not be the first drivers to come to watch and wish they would have participated.

Do Work, Tower513 & get your fix in the first East Coast RECON G6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz6 View Post
Just signed up.. Should be a great time

Yes, I don't see why not, it is a great way to learn which upgrades are best for this type of event.
Yes it is, jmz6, but driving in an event gives you much better info.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

True. The best way to learn what it is all about, is to just jump in and get your feet wet.

jmz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:44 PM   #15

Ok, you guys convinced me!

I signed up for the day 2.2 adventure for my stock wraith with 16/84 gearing.

If I get my yeti in time could I use that instead?
Old 09-07-2014, 05:12 PM   #16

Oh yeah,

Parker, your tag line of "Do Work" is also my tag line as a career firefighter assigned to a ladder truck! Have a cool Do Work sticker on my helmet!
Old 09-07-2014, 09:42 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ok, you guys convinced me!

I signed up for the day 2.2 adventure for my stock wraith with 16/84 gearing.

If I get my yeti in time could I use that instead?
Yes Sir. We had two Yeti's run in Buena Vista, CO and they both finished. They worked for it, but they finished. Bring'em both and you can decide what to run when ya get there.

Quote:
Oh yeah,

Parker, your tag line of "Do Work" is also my tag line as a career firefighter assigned to a ladder truck! Have a cool Do Work sticker on my helmet!
Bad Ass! A "Hose Dragger" is gonna get his G6 Cherry popped along with a whole lot of others!

Do Work, Future G6'er!
Old 09-08-2014, 08:18 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezmoon View Post
1 More Week and a Wake Up!!!!!
Only a view more sleeps ;) - I am excited for a fun weekend.
the plane will take of in 3 days
daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:42 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniels View Post
Only a view more sleeps ;) - I am excited for a fun weekend.
the plane will take of in 3 days
Safe Travels and God Speed, G6'er!

The East Coast, err the Right Coast awaits.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Trying to work out some last min. details. Some family stuff has come up and they come first. I am hoping I can still make it out.

RECON G6 "Traction Reaction" presented by Pit Bull Tires & White Lotus Tattoo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial RECON G6 Iron Mountain Depot Adventure Series Event presented by Pit Bull Tires DRIVNMF Recon G6 133 06-05-2014 08:31 AM
Axial RECON G6 "Taters & Kilts" Scale Adventure Event presented by RPP Hobby DRIVNMF Recon G6 130 03-27-2014 01:10 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "Shaka, Brah Classic" G6 by AXIAL RACING / VP / Pit Bull Tires DRIVNMF Recon G6 168 06-27-2012 07:10 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Biggest Little G6" presented by Axial, VP, Pit Bull, & Novak DRIVNMF Recon G6 276 04-21-2012 01:09 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Coyote Hole" by Axial Racing / VP / Pit Bull Tires DRIVNMF Recon G6 167 03-18-2012 01:53 PM