RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Recon G6 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/recon-g6/)
-   -   The Official RECON G6 Q & A Thread (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/recon-g6/459166-official-recon-g6-q-thread.html)

AdventureIQ 11-04-2013 01:22 PM

Intel on birthday bash?

DRIVNMF 11-04-2013 02:28 PM

Re: The Official RECON G6 Q & A Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdventureIQ (Post 4535661)
Intel on birthday bash?

LOL! I thought you couldn't tell a birthday wish or it wouldn't come true.

Intel is coming soon and I think might like it. "thumbsup"

captainp243 11-12-2013 01:58 PM

Is there any footage of the swine swagger g6 that was in hotsprings?

micro racer 11-13-2013 12:46 AM

How "highly recommended" is waterproofing?

VP Dan 11-13-2013 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micro racer (Post 4546688)

almost never more then tire deep

DRIVNMF 11-13-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainp243 (Post 4545983)
Is there any footage of the swine swagger g6 that was in hotsprings?

Yes & No. There is some killer video! The video is currently on virtual lock down. It will soon be released as soon as the intraweb probation is paid. "thumbsup"

In other words, software issues are being whipped into shape. Thanks for your patience.

Quote:

Waterproofing means different things to different people. Some Drivers waterproof to the extent of being able to submerge their trucks and others don't waterproof at all.

Here is what I do and have done.

I have sprayed and played with ACF50. My truck was accidentally submerged over 12 times last year when piloted by my daughter with no electronic issues. I drive very scale and cautiously through water, aka "clear dirt" and I never set a stage where the water goes over tire depth. It does not make good pictures and it's not scale and i don't want to risk electronics even though I am "waterproof".

I run a airtronics telemetry receiver and a Novak Eiger Pro ESC. both are out in the open. Not in a box of any kind. No issues due to water.

I have been experimenting with rustoleum "Never Wet". So far, very impressed. I do not like putting my electronics in a box due to the heat.

I hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan w (Post 4546714)
almost never more then tire deep

You are correct sir. Even though you make a quarter tire deep section look like a tidal wave! :shock:

VP Dan 11-13-2013 01:32 PM

You are correct sir. Even though you make a quarter tire deep section look like a tidal wave! :shock:[/QUOTE] :lmao::lmao::lmao::twisted:

AdventureIQ 11-13-2013 02:05 PM

I have been really impressed with the G6 and the crowd thatbis drawn into it....it has been a great outlet for me. Worth the drive, the time, and the $$$ investment......a quick note on how G6 is making me a better guy... http://adventureiq.wordpress.com/201...-a-better-guy/

AdventureIQ 11-13-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

I was pretty worried about this as well since I was coming out of the Traxxas community.

I am running the spray-on plasti-dip on my wife and kiddos rigs. So far no issues. As above...I run slow and cautious. I hate having to winch myself multiple times and really try to stay dry...its the same way I run my 1:1 rig. The guys over in Oregon and Washington know the stuff when it comes to keeping dry...I have access to the aviation grade spray Parker spoke of in our hanger..so that will be my next experiment...

I am a complete geek on the scale running....even when out alone, I keep a driver log for number of times I winch, "judge winch", etc.... Giving away my idea here....but would love an app so I could mark my runs and store for later feedback....

On "highly recommended" I find its in my best interest because its coming from the experts...

micro racer 11-13-2013 04:18 PM

I was under the impression of fender deep mud runs and water to the windshield. That would be fun and all, but it does exclude the majority of people that don't have their electronics COMPLETELY waterproof. After reading some of the replies, however, it seems like the water is more of a scale feature than an obstacle. Does this sound about right to you guys?

sumquak 11-13-2013 06:06 PM

Parker likes about 3/4 of a Pitbull 1.9 for water depth max. if you don't "drive smart" you could end up in a 10 ft pool. i drove that line at the "L.O.S.T." G6 very carefully.

ACF-50 is what my lhs guys have been using in their float planes for years and works extremely well in our scalers. we take the cases apart and spray the boards then reassemble twice a year with no problems. Parker likes to spray the electronics like its paint before his rigs go out.

the Recon G6 is a "scale adventure" and thats what Parker likes to see. "thumbsup"

Skeeno 11-13-2013 06:27 PM

To waterproof my Axial Esc, I removed the circuit board from the plastic case and covered the entire board with dielectric grease. I then reassembled and have never had an issue in three years and multiple submarines.

AdventureIQ 11-13-2013 10:15 PM

December 7 intel??? Getting antsey......

DRIVNMF 11-14-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdventureIQ (Post 4547844)
December 7 intel??? Getting antsey......

Just wrapped up that little present! "thumbsup"

Get ready to open it!

VP Dan 11-14-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIVNMF (Post 4547944)
Just wrapped up that little present! "thumbsup"

Get ready to open it!

well hurry up :flipoff:

Skeeno 11-17-2013 06:54 PM

R.E.C.O.N. G6 "Why do you G6?" - YouTube

BentMetaL 11-17-2013 06:58 PM

That's funny! I just watched that. All GSRCC members.

DRIVNMF 11-18-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BentMetaL (Post 4552521)
That's funny! I just watched that. All GSRCC members.

And all of those are G6'ers! We're G6'n and you know it! "thumbsup"

VP Dan 11-18-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIVNMF (Post 4554009)
And all of those are G6'ers! We're G6'n and you know it! "thumbsup"

been there form day one "thumbsup"

sumquak 11-18-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan w (Post 4554024)
been there form day one "thumbsup"

are you sure about that?

i was at the birth and i don't think you broke your first 1.9 there. :mrgreen: