Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: RECON G6 Birthday Bash III Dec. 7, 2013 Reno, NV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2013, 02:03 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default RECON G6 Birthday Bash III Dec. 7, 2013 Reno, NV

RECON G6 Birthday Bash

The RECON G6 is turning 3 and everyone is invited to the party. The RECON G6 Birthday Bash is our way to celebrate one of the biggest parts of the RECON G6; helping others. G6’ers help each other get through a stage, because finishing a RECON G6, is like winning a RECON G6. G6’ers that attend the Birthday Bash G6 will be helping others in the community that are down on their luck.

The RECON G6 Birthday Bash is a toy drive and food drive for the Christmas on the Corridor and the Evelyn Mount Community Out Reach. The Christmas on the Corridor charity event started in 1996 and has helped out kids in the 4th, 5th, and 6th street corridor of Reno. Toys for all ages, books, games, toothbrushes, toothpaste, and deodorant would all be great donations. Evelyn Mount has been feeding the less fortunate around the Reno and Sparks area since she arrived in Reno in 1976. She has helped feed thousands of families with the help of donations.

RECON G6 helps our family of G6’ers contribute by lowering the G-Fee to $10.00 with a toy and food donation, so come out and get your scaler fix and help others this holiday season, at the RECON Birthday Bash G6!

The Birthday Bash RECON G6 is also an appreciation G6 for the G6 Family. Sponsors & supporters go big at the RECON G6 Birthday Bash. Axial Racing has provided numerous Kits & RTR’s to G6’ers in the last three years. Other sponsors have provided parts and scale accessories making the RECON G6 Birthday Bash an early Christmas for some. They do it to just to say, “Thank You”.

In addition to helping out two of our favorite charities and saying thank you to G6’ers; we will be announcing the RECON G6 Year to Remember Awards. Who will earn the 1.9 Driver of the Year? Who will earn the 2.2 Driver of the Year? What will be the 2013 RECON G6 of the Year? What other surprises will be revealed? Come to the Birthday Bash RECON G6 to find out.

The Rivas Concepts Show-n-Shine is the scale car show of the RECON G6. Best of Show and RECON Ready Awards will be up for grabs at the Birthday Bash RECON G6. You may enter more than one scaler and it is free to enter. Good Luck, G6’ers.

RECON G6 Birthday Bash Intel

When - December 7th, 2013
Where - Wingfield Park in downtown Reno, NV
Directions - From Sacramento, https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...d=0CMIBEPwSMA8

From Boise, ID, https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...d=0CMIBEPwSMA8

From St. Catherines, ON, Canada,

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...d=0CMIBEPwSMA8

Driver Check In - 8:30am to 10:00am
Rivas Concepts Show-n-Shine - 9:00am to 10:00am
Drivers Meeting - 10:15am
Stage Start Time - Immediately following the National Anthem.

Classes -

- 1.9 Adventurist Class - This class is for all scalers using 1.9 size wheels & tires. It doesn’t matter your driving ability or your truck’s capability, everyone and every truck is capable of finding adventure here.

- 2.2 Adventurist - This class is for all scalers using 2.2 size wheels & tires. If you like big tires, this is your class. The 2.2 Adventurist will face bigger challenges, and their driving ability and scaler capability will be tested, as well. The 2.2 Adventurist has become a premiere class in the RECON G6.

- Expedition Class - “NEW” for 2014 and available at the Birthday Bash G6, - This class is for 6x6’s and scalers with trailers. This class will have more mandatory scale items and is geared towards the builders who enjoy the challenges of driving a 6x6 Truck or towing a trailer. Wheel and tire size are restricted to 1.9’s. Tires must be scale licensed or scale knock-offs.

- RECON Ready Wrangler Modified Class - “NEW” for 2014 and available at the Birthday Bash G6, - This class is for the new Axial Jeep Wrangler G6 kit. Drivers are allowed to run any motor / esc combination, servo of your choice, any 1.9 tire / wheel combination, & battery of your choice. Rear steer and dig are not mandatory, but highly recommended. A winch and Pull Pal are not mandatory, but highly recommended. No AR60 or Wroncho style axles. The Stock body, frame rails, transmission case, and cage must be used. Stock or upgraded parts for the Axial SCX10 may be used, including transmission cases, axle housings, drivelines, steering knuckles, C’s, etcetera. Drivers finding adventure in the RECON Ready Wrangler Modified Class are eligible for a new kit & swag package.

- RECON Ready Wrangler Spec Class - “NEW” for 2014. Details coming soon.

- RECON G6 Driving Diva of the Day Award - “New” for 2014 & available at the Birthday Bash G6,- The best 1.9 Adventurist and 2.2 Adventurist female driver will be receive an award for their efforts.

- RECON G6 Driving Durty Award
- “New” for 2014 & available at the Birthday Bash G6. This award will be awarded for the top 1.9 Adventurist & 2.2 Adventurist 15 years or younger.

- Event Credentials and Finishing Tags
- “New” for 2014 and available starting February of 2014, - All drivers that pre-register for a RECON G6, will receive event specific credentials to commemorate the RECON G6 they attend and all G6’ers will receive finishing tags upon completing the RECON G6 stage, because “finishing a RECON G6 is like winning a RECON G6.

- G-Fee - ALL CLASSES, $10 plus a unwrapped toy AND two cans of food are not mandatory, but highly recommended. The standard G-Fee of $25 will apply if no donations are brought.

Birthday Bash Stage Intel

- 100 Main Stage Trail Markers with class specific sections located throughout the Main Stage. This will be a 2 lap stage.
- G6’ers will face various driving conditions such as technical rock sections, tarmac, sand, clear dirt, grass, and for the first time ever, an Urban Section.
- A tow strap is mandatory.
- A scale wrapped birthday present attached to your scaler is mandatory.
- A Birthday Hat that you can wear is mandatory.
- 10 scale items is mandatory. Most of these items are found on a stock Axial SCX10.
- Expedition Class a canoe, boat, or raft is mandatory.
- A winch, sand ramps, or Pull Pal is not mandatory, but highly recommended.

To all the RECON G6’ers that have attended a RECON G6 this year, “Thank You”! Each one of you played a role in making R/C history. I would personally like to thank some very special G-Crew members and supporters who have all helped over the last three years. In no specific order, Brad Bailey, Cole Bailey, Anthony Rivas, Matt Soileau, John Halman, Eric O’Brien, Stuart G, Ryan Gerrish, Ikaika & Tiffany, Elio Dionde, Mark Bettencourt, Sheldon Aoki, Tattum Bautista, 808 RC Ohana, Joe Ferguson, Steve Taylor, Greg Alcorn, Jose Calvillo, Doug Welker, Jeremy Naeger, Josh Harris, Erin Fick, Sean Montanye, Josh Elliot, Jason Hoy, Tim Samuels, Ben Palmer, Jason Wilson, Jerry Ellefritz, and my awesome daughter, Rosa Parker.

Help me in Thanking all the sponsors and supporters of the 2013 RECON G6 Scale Adventure Series by posting up a “Thank You” and your favorite 2013 RECON G6 picture on their FB pages or RCCrawler and I will see you getting your scaler fix, in the RECON Birthday Bash G6!

Like. Share. Follow. Subscribe. Comment. All of our sponsors and supporters.

Axial Racing, Axial Racing - High End Remote Control Products and Accessories , https://www.facebook.com/axialinc?fref=ts

RECON G6, LLC, https://www.facebook.com/RECONG6

Pit Bull Tires, :: PIT BULL LT 4x4 , ATV, UTV TIRES :: Rock, Mud, Trail, Sand and Snow Super Extreme Off Road Tires , https://www.facebook.com/pitbulltires?fref=ts

Rivas Concepts Rivasconcepts's channel - YouTube , https://www.facebook.com/RivasConcepts?fref=ts

Fast Eddy Bearings, FastEddyBearings I RC Bearings, Bearing Kits | Buy Ball Bearings Online | Metric Ball Bearing Supplier , https://www.facebook.com/TeamFastEddyPage?fref=ts

Novak Racing, Novak Electronics :: Homepage , https://www.facebook.com/TeamFastEddyPage?fref=ts

SMC Batteries, Batteries , https://www.facebook.com/smcracing?fref=ts

Crawler Dad LED’s, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crawl...068211?fref=ts

Mayhem Engineering, Home Page

Pull Pal, Welcome to PULL PAL - DON'T GET STUCK WITHOUT IT !

RCCrawler, RCCrawler.com - RCCrawler.com is the #1 source on the web for Radio Controlled Rockcrawling

Awesome Action RC, https://www.facebook.com/awesomeacti...ed_target_id=0

Crawler Innovations, Crawler Tires, Crawler Foams, Parts and Accessories by Crawler Innovations

BPC Chassis, Web Store -

P.L. Engineering

Kling On RC, Kling-On RC "The Original Spot to let Your RC Hang!"

Cutting Edge Hobbies, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cutti...81221785252016
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: RECON G6 Birthday Bash III Dec. 7, 2013 Reno, NV

You bet that I will be at this one......

With food and presents in hand.

Last edited by TREE; 11-14-2013 at 09:03 AM.
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

me and my son are making plans for this one.i hope the mother nature is good for us that weekend.
sloyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #4

I'm planning on this one! See you all there.
ryanarroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

The whole Adventure IQ crew is in.... 3 for the adventure 1.9!
AdventureIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Expedition class! Going to be a HOME RUN! Countdown, this year has flown bye.
greggreg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:03 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Ya know Big Yeti gonna be there with the Big Yeti Driving crew and for the first time Little Big Yeti is gonna run his SCX Bronco " note to self better water proof that rig" cant wait Parker and G6 Crew! thanks for a great year in G6'n
OGXXXOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #8
ion
Quarry Creeper

Put me down for the 2.2 Adventure class!

ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

IM there, bringin goods and my son says he is gonna spank some 2.2 booty! (His words)
scottanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottanthony View Post
IM there, bringin goods and my son says he is gonna spank some 2.2 booty! (His words)
we will see about that
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

"leave" it to Dan W to threaten a child.......

^
l
l
Yeah, that is a TREE joke

Last edited by TREE; 11-16-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

team MRB will be there in full force.we're all on this like a fat kid on cake I must say the birthday bash is 1 event u don't want to miss! !
cushdog58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

The R&D Crew will be there.In full force.
1beatjeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cushdog58 View Post
team MRB will be there in full force.we're all on this like a fat kid on cake I must say the birthday bash is 1 event u don't want to miss! !

Why did you have to bring me into this???? You know that I am a fat kid and yes i love cake.....
Old 11-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Can't wait for the Birthday Bash!!! This will be my third!!!
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #16

Im thinking me and my girlfriend are going to go for sure, she wants to drive my booger JK =)
Blasto0341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:58 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

I'm there with my wife and both of my sons. This will be my 7 year olds first G6. Can't wait.
C.WEBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Parker, I was wondering about the Jeep Spec class when will the info be released. Looking forward in running the RECON Ready Wrangler Modified Class.
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
Parker, I was wondering about the Jeep Spec class when will the info be released. Looking forward in running the RECON Ready Wrangler Modified Class.

So what, you want to run by yourself?

seems selfish to me....
Old 11-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

are they going to be out in time for the birthday bash?
rangair94 is offline   Reply With Quote

RECON G6 Birthday Bash III Dec. 7, 2013 Reno, NV - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 RECON G6 & RECON Terra-X Event Schedule DRIVNMF Recon G6 100 11-20-2013 10:46 AM
RECON Terra-X, 1-19-2013, Reno, NV DRIVNMF Recon G6 180 02-14-2013 11:44 AM
R.E.C.O.N. G6 "Birthday Bash" Dec. 8th, 2012 DRIVNMF Recon G6 324 01-03-2013 10:23 AM
RECON G6 Challenge "Birthday Bash" Dec. 3, 2011 DRIVNMF Recon G6 531 12-29-2011 10:43 AM
**TXRCRCA Mt Bonnell Bash, Austin, Dec 1st*** onespeeder Competitions 7 12-03-2007 03:57 PM