Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: Looking do do first G6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2015, 08:00 PM   #1

Default Looking do do first G6

I am looking to do my first G6. I want to know how much battery power i will need, lighting, winch, and any other advise you can think of. I will be driving a heavily upgraded rtr axial wraith but only have the stock transmitter. Thanks!
Nugget04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2015, 12:38 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Looking do do first G6

I ran my first G6 on a single 5000 mah 2s pack. I made it through but it died as I was driving from the finish line to my car. That was a wraith with a tekin 35t motor combo and not a very high power servo. Depending on your setup, your driving style and the course, 5000 would be a gamble and anything less almost surely wouldn't make it. Of course if you're running big power, a power hungry servo and/or drive with a heavy trigger finger then you could need quite a bit more than that. The winch and the lighting is nice but definitely isn't a requirement. Well the lighting might be required if you plan to run a night stage. A lot of people go all out but you can also run a G6 with a box stock machine so don't stress out about it too much. Just show up and you'll have a lot of fun! Can't hurt to bring some spare screws/parts and that sort of thing if you have it and of course a few tools.
crockins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 01:39 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I run between 3200 and 4200 mah packs all the 3s though. I ran my last g6 on the 4200 and didn't change the battery out at all my son ran a 3300 and had to change his battery for the last 20 gates but he was also playing with all the other young guys for about 35 mins before we started the actual event. for axialfest I am bringing 2x4200, 2x3300, 2x3200, and 8x2200 for my bec and lighting. I run dual battery setups in all my crawlers so I get a lot longer run time than most people would on a smaller battery. the 2200 mah are for my bec and the led lights. one 2200mah battery for me lasts a whole night stage running lights and servo and I would think the 3200 would last more than long enough for a night stage. Durring the day the 2200mah bec battery will run the servo for like 8 hours.
mrhobby100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:09 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I took about 8000 mah when I did my first g6 with a scx10 with a light bar and winch with a fxr and a cheap rc4wd motor and the stock servo my winch came in handy a few times also my lights came in handy I have just the basics like aluminum chubs knuckles and lockouts I already had mip drive shafts and I added steel gears in the trans

Last edited by 1santaever; 02-24-2015 at 04:17 PM.
1santaever is offline   Reply With Quote