Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Just saying hi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 12:06 AM   #1

Default Just saying hi

So I am still new to the hobby and have owned a savage flux for 6 months and she's my baby but this week I just got a new RS10 in a trade and man its seems to be a blast and I have only been inside with it. Now I have heard the whole "redcat thing" but I have read enough reviews to know that this is a great entry level truck with potential. I have never crawled on know the "lingo or definitions" off crawling so if anyone has a link like crawling for dummies that would be great lol. That being said most of my hobby budget goes to my flux project and being married means its a slow process but if I were to do little things what are inexpensive hop ups that will make this truck better? I have heard that the tires arn't the best and weights inside would help? Would lead tape work? I also read that if I dunk my tires in simply green it would make them grab better too. I am sure I will have more questions as I go and yes I WILL use the search function but again I just though I would say hi and I look forward to learning lots more.

Cheers
bluesox_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

RC Crawler Glossary of Terms
RCCRAWLER tips, cheap tricks / parts guide.

Check out those two links to get up to speed.
The first one is a glossary
The second is general questoins.

Hope you enjoy your RS10
house_Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Welcome! Good to see another person with an RS10 show up. As house_Fly said, get acquainted with those links...that will help you out a lot. Weights do help the stock tires, simple green can make them a little more sticky, and simply changing the foams would help, but ultimately getting a new set of tires is a great performance upgrade. It may be a little overwhelming considering the size of the post...but check out:
Redcat RS10 revisited

Plenty of information about upgrades and cheap mods that can be done. Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:25 PM   #4

Thanks for posting that guys. That's exactly what I was looking for and with all that reading you will hear from me in a month lol I did read through that long post jsowens, That's how I found this site actually but with the definitions link I will read her through again and it might make sense now. A few more questions what class is the rs10 and if I were to look for wheels do I need 1.5, 1.9 or 2.2 Is bigger better and are offset wheels better for stance? As much as I said I was not going to put much money into this I have never painted a body before so I grabbed this to try http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXUHV8&P=WR
Again thanks for the pips and more questions to follow.

Cheers
Old 01-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #5
RCC Addict

You'll wanna get 2.2 wheels for it, most likely. 1.9's are typically reserved for scalers. I just typed up the official rs10 tips and tricks thread...that'll make it a little easier than reading through all 28 pages of that other post. I combined most of the mods and suggestions from that thread into the new one. Good luck on painting that body. I'd like to see that on an rs10.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #6

Thanks, I have never done a body before so it should be fun. I did some more pillow climbing today and I am liking this thing even more. it will take a while to know what steering option is best for what is needed but I am sure that will come with time. I will post a pic later of climbing something good
Old 01-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #7

I posted this in the pic thread but its good practice posting pic's lol