Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: axle info please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
jwo
Rock Crawler

Default axle info please

hey everyone, ive been wanting to build a new rig for a while using rs10 axles.i can get some pretty darn cheap. if i go through with this build. i would plan on running banebots in them. along with a small little 2cell lipo. and probably some rock claws for tires.as well as a custom fab chassis. not going overkill on the power. i just would like some insurance that im not going to be building a rig thats gonna chew gears out every other run,then will make a new home in my closet.i've herd of em getting chewed out by 540's but thats really about it. so how are the axles holding up guys?lay it on me!
jwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Well im on the stock motors still and have no problems. I dont think that any 380 motors will hurt it any.

I hop you do this build..... be sureto post a build thread

Cya.
major94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
RCC Addict

My axles have held up really well with the cobalt motors I'm running...I had one minor issue with a couple of gears getting a few teeth worn down, but that was a result of me getting throttle happy. They should hold up well with any 380 sized motor, though.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:25 AM   #4
jwo
Rock Crawler

well good to know guys. i was hoping they held up well. im not really that hard on my stuff, but i have had others...cough....cough.... goliath that were pretty fragile and loved to let me down. my last build was a axial based rig. most of it custom built stuff.if i cant build it ill buy it. i saw that these axles were being sold on ebay by them selves, and since then i wanted to build a moa rig. the only thing that was keeping me away was not knowing the durability being they are so new.i have tons of ideas already for it, due to the fact of debating on the build or not. ill definatly do a build thread for it when i start. ill have to collect all the parts first. or most of them before i do. not looking to comp with it, but i sure wouldnt mind embarrassing my buddies with one. not that i have one yet, but its nice to see the rs10 finially get its own section. thanks for the input and im sure my wallet will thank you too...
Old 01-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #5
jwo
Rock Crawler

alright guys, just ordered the axles!yay.... here comes my new build, i just finished a build and starting another one already. well this is probably gonna be kinda of a slow build due to ordering parts weekly. gotta spread it out so the wife dont catch on til its done.another one to add to the collection. sad part is, i still gotta build me a super. this is actually gonna be a fairly cheap build. i already have the parts i need lined up and waiting to be ordered. half the parts i already have on hand so thats a plus. when i finially get them in. ill start a build thread so you guys can see what im doing and give input on changes or whatnot. lots of stuff to do. i figure by the end of it, ill have close to or a little bit more money into it as it would be to buy a stocker all together.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:29 PM   #6

just dont forget to post up some pic's as you build. You know everyone like pic's
flimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:22 PM   #7
jwo
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by flimmy View Post
just dont forget to post up some pic's as you build. You know everyone like pic's
oh i will, not to worry. it will be my first built thread. i usually start a project, then after im done ill post pics of it finished.