Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Dont go to the darkside

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Dont go to the darkside

Ive seen a few people getting rid of their 10's lately . Whats the deal there are a coule on the classifieds and one guy just posted on here tonight . Is there some kinda scary recall where the throttle is gonna stick and run over my kid ? Bored ? whats the deal?
camobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I am selling my RS stuff but only due to Im going a different direction with a RS10. I will be buying another RTR RS10 in the near future to start over on and set up as a sportman rig. I did build a Bully for the 2010 comp season just due to I needed a bulletproof comp rig and the RS10 is far from that point right now.
BADASSPONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

i cant wait to start going to comps, even just to watch and get to know all the other rigs out there
nhwheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Our hobbytown is closing so no more comps , I might host them in my backyard Its pretty huge back there.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by camobob View Post
Our hobbytown is closing so no more comps , I might host them in my backyard Its pretty huge back there.
thats what me and my friend are going to do this spring/summer/fall we found a nice area with a bunch of stuff, even a sweet 20 ft hill climb. i want to try a KOH for rc's
Old 03-12-2010, 09:42 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

i got rid of mine after dumping a bunch of money at it to make it more powerful and it didn't seem to do any good. With what i drive on my stock rtc worked better and had more power right out of the box. Plus i want to build a scaler so i wasn't gonna get rid of my axial tuber
snowshoebrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADASSPONY View Post
I am selling my RS stuff but only due to Im going a different direction with a RS10. I will be buying another RTR RS10 in the near future to start over on and set up as a sportman rig. I did build a Bully for the 2010 comp season just due to I needed a bulletproof comp rig and the RS10 is far from that point right now.
yah its going to me!
racerx26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx26 View Post
yah its going to me!
You got a smokin deal on that
Old 03-13-2010, 05:02 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

i traded my slash for it!
Old 03-13-2010, 06:45 PM   #10

Gave mine to my 8 year old son to bash in the yard with. I purchased a Venom Creeper. I have no hard feelings toward the RS10 other than I could not personally get over the toyish feeling of it...
_TRX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Honestly the RS10's aren't bad rigs. They do have their flaws like most RTR rigs do. If you look through the other forums, such as the axial and venom sections, you'll see a lot of bashing of those rigs when they're out of the box and you see far more of them in the classifieds. I think some folks expect them to be on the same caliber of a lot of the comp rigs, which they're not. For what they are...They're awesome.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Default Darkside!!

I just love the fact that people bash the RS.. I actually pick mine up on accident the ebayer had "Tamiya, clod RS-10 roller" on description for $65 i got it Right?? BUT i soon as i hit send on Pay-Pal I had a Novak Rooster and two Fifty-Fives on the way.. so what do you do?? You slam the 55's in the RS10 Mod the H3ll out of the suspension and hope for the best. I haven been to a comp but She crawls any thing Ive been on and even (slightly) survived a 25ft. drop not a roll a DROP to Blue groove!
So im in for the haul or $1500. which ever comes first!!
dgna5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Default Darkside

Old 03-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Dgna that thing is frickin sweet .. got a build thread anywhere?
Old 03-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by camobob View Post
Dgna that thing is frickin sweet .. got a build thread anywhere?
Thanks Man.. Its good to hear after all the HRS. involved.Im in only About $350'ish.. . I am working on a build thread I have all the Pics.
DGNA5
Old 03-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

I am ditching my redpuss in favor of a full comp bully. I want to be competitive and not the laughing stock. No offense. I just didn't like it after basicaly going full comp on it still kinda sucked imho.
landtortise89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by landtortise89 View Post
I am ditching my redpuss in favor of a full comp bully. I want to be competitive and not the laughing stock. No offense. I just didn't like it after basicaly going full comp on it still kinda sucked imho.
here we go with the friggin haters
Old 03-15-2010, 04:16 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhwheelin View Post
here we go with the friggin
yep!
Old 03-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by landtortise89 View Post

Not to be an a$$. but ive seen your for sale post for your rs. and banebots and 8t pinions is far from full comp.
FSJCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:50 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

IMHO give Redcat about a year and it will be a competitive rig as long as they listen to the people that own them, mod them and comp them. The steel gears will be a huge step in the right direction but it still needs more the just that. Im honestly hoping to see them come out with a comp version that comes without electronics considering we all upgrade them anyway, but have it with bent lowers, steel gears and a good rear lock out/straight axle.

Now my reason for swapping to a Bully is simple, I had to have a competitive rig NOW and Redcat is far from that right at this point. I also decided I wanted to go a different direction with the RS10, so mid summer Ill be buying another one and starting over to build a competitive sportsman rig out of one.
BADASSPONY is offline   Reply With Quote