Notices

Thread: Questions on my decision?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 09:44 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedcatRacing View Post
Nice thread.

Thanks to all that have supported the RS10 and continually come out with ideas and mods for it.

Darin
I need the Metal!How much longer Darin?
Speed Metal Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2010, 06:15 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeflayme View Post
im just undecided is there any winning factors on one versus the other any inpurticlar thing that should point me in the direction of one of them? im not bashing either cause i like them both so far but i just dont know what to do
They're very different crawlers...biggest thing to decide is if you want a shafty crawler or a MOA crawler. That's the most obvious difference. The other big thing to decide is if you want something RTR as soon as you get it, or if you wanna build a kit, then have to buy all the electronics before you get it going. The creeper is gonna be more of an investment right away, whereas the RS10 is ready to go as soon as you get it and you can upgrade later if something messes up.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:22 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

As far as spare parts go, the majority of Axial parts fit on these, the links and shocks, wheels. My friend has an Axial and we are always swapping parts. The aftermarket support for these is coming on strong and these havent been out for a year yet. I was also looking at the Creeper when I was in the market but the price couldnt be beat for the RS and I am still under $200 with me upgrades.
nhwheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:51 AM   #24
bsn
Quarry Creeper

Based on you saying that you like both the Venom and the Redcat, I would say you can't go wrong with either. From everything I have read, both have their weak points and each one has strong points.

RS10 MOA
Clod Stall – CON
Better COG – PRO
Less Mechanical Parts – PRO(CON)
More Chassis Options – PRO
RTR w/ Batt and Charger – PRO
Crawler Specific Stock ESC w/ Drag Brake – PRO(can get better)
Stock 3ch Radio setup to 4ws options – PRO(Can be a lot better)
Stock Servos – CON(You will replace sooner than later)
Spending Money on Stock Elecs that you will probably replace in the long run - CON
4ws – PRO(CON)
Easier to do Dig – PRO(2ch punk dig, dig box, etc.)
Stock Tires – CON
Less crawler specific motor options – CON
Venom Shafty
Torque Twist – CON
Kit – PRO/CON
Buying the elect you want up front – PRO (Price – CON)
Stock Locker – CON
More motor options – PRO
Need 3ch and mechanical DIG – CON(compared to the MOA options)
Tranny specific chassis – CON
These are based on owning a RS10 and an axial, not a Venom and reading a lot about the Venom. I am pretty sure there are more PROs and CONs for each. People can add if they want. (We should make the list a sticky)
Most of the other items like shocks, tires, wheels, links, steering knuckles, etc. can be replaced with aftermarket parts. The RS10 steering knuckles are the same as the Axials from what I have seen (have both). The links and shocks on both can be replaced and modded to address a lot of suspension issues.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #25

thanks everyone once again, i just like them both and as far as deciding i dont know i currently have a 1/8 integy i rock, i know everyone bashes integy but i love the the thing its indestructable no matter what i put it through and i just think the creeper is a little differnt and thats what i like im just no so sure about getting a shafty ive heard so many bad stuff about them getting hung up/catching you up breaking and all i just dont know, ill keep everyone posted on my decision as it moves forward lol and thanks agian
rdeflayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:15 PM   #26

well i went to a crawler comp today and i ran my friends rs10 and he ran it also and it did extremly well even compared to the axials and the night crawler there were no creepers there for me to check out though so that didnt help any on my comparison but i did like the rs10 its just a matter of what deal arises first now.......
Old 03-27-2010, 10:49 PM   #27

where is a good place online to get tires and rims and various acc??
Old 03-28-2010, 09:03 AM   #28
RCC Addict

http://www.tcscrawlers.com
http://www.ckrccrawlers.com
http://www.rpphobby.com
http://www.krawlerhobbies.com
http://www.rc4wdstore.com

Those are a few of the many online ordering options. A good place for wheels is right here on the forum in the vendor section. A lot of those guys have some really awesome wheels...or you could always keep watch on the for sale section when you have access. You can find some great deals on lightly used wheels/tires in there. Hope this helps.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Mine is set up with HBR white dots, bemnt links, weighted wheels and 645mgs front and rear, set up at 2 3/4 inches with the body trimmed and sitting as low as it can sit on the chassis, and it will hang with the best of them, there is a hill at my lhs that 2 modded AXs cannot do and I litterally drive up, with my set up it will hang up alot, but I am gonna build a nice tray for the bottom soon.
dragrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:26 PM   #30

Default i was wondering???

The same thing as that guy?
Are these things worth it???
or I was also thinking of getting the new 2010 exceed!!!

witch one would be better!!!
Lots of replys please
crawlerdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlerdude1 View Post
The same thing as that guy?
Are these things worth it???
or I was also thinking of getting the new 2010 exceed!!!

witch one would be better!!!
Lots of replys please
Compared to the exceed...if you buy an RS10 you'd be getting a crawler with better support and lots more people who own them to help you out with questions. However, like I've said in plenty of threads, if you buy the RS10 (or exceed for that matter) and expect it to perform like a highly modded comp rig with lots of money tossed into it...you're gonna be disappointed. On the other hand, if you buy one, have fun with it, and treat it like what it is, a budget RTR crawler aimed at beginners...you'll be pleased with it. Bottom line...the RS10's are good crawlers for the cost, they perform well, and with a little bit of modding you can have a very capable rig on a very small budget.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:24 PM   #32

wow when i started this thread i deff. didnt expect to get this many views or replies let alone all the help ive been given from everyone, i am still debating on what i want and looking for a good deal now.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:58 AM   #33
RCC Addict

Lol okay, what kind of deal are you looking for? Its really hard to beat 159 for a new RS10... PM me if needed.

-Jason
KrawlOff-Road.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #34

idk right now i got a few things to get rid of that im trying to move then get the money for a 1/10 unless i find someone to trade me.... i got a lot of racing stuff....
Old 03-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #35
Pebble Pounder

everytime that a buddy and me go out to crawl im having a good old time and he is broke every fifteen min. and guess what he has the venom creeper. he is either breaking axles or he is destroying the gears. so i am deff saying to go with the rs10. its cheap and pretty indestructable. but there are a few things that you will eventuall HAVE to change they are the things that keep this rig so cheap. so if you take the leap leap into an rs10.

Have fun
Brent
redcatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #36
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeflayme View Post
idk right now i got a few things to get rid of that im trying to move then get the money for a 1/10 unless i find someone to trade me.... i got a lot of racing stuff....
what do you have to trade?????
Stealthracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:37 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcatguy View Post
everytime that a buddy and me go out to crawl im having a good old time and he is broke every fifteen min. and guess what he has the venom creeper. he is either breaking axles or he is destroying the gears.

Have fun
Brent
I would almost wonder if your friend got some defected parts in his creeper kit. The guy I crawl with on a regular basis has a creeper and to my knowledge the only thing he's broken in a year of pretty hard crawling is a rod end.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:19 PM   #38

well i ended up trading for a venom so we'll see im supposed to receive the truck friday so i will deff put it to the test saturday lol....
Old 04-06-2010, 09:53 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx26 View Post
My friend had a creeper and it got the crap kicked out of it by an axial everytime. And yes the driveshafts break EXTEMELY easy and you will need to replace the lockersa right out of the box because the stock ones do not hold.
dude you know nothing man, the lockers hold up, they just don't stay locked, once you do the washer mod they are fine. the shafts on the axial broke more often than mine
ozpall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #40

i got man and ran the crap out of it and made it climb stuff my 1/8 cant lol but however that front locker wont stay locked and i even did the washer trick but i think something on the internals of it is stripped cause when i pulled the axel apart there were plastic shavings in there idk though cause i didnt take the locker fully apart to view the inside of it so idk what it is supposed to look like.... however i do need an aftermarket locker by this weekend lol anyone got any ideas??