Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Shock Mounting Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Question Shock Mounting Question

Hey guys, quick question for you:

I was thinking about how we can slide the shocks up and down the links on our RS10s, and I was wondering has anybody noticed any improvement in performance by sliding their shocks down the links?

I was thinking about how this would lower the rig a little bit and might also "firm up" the suspension by not letting it twist so much and so fast.

Any thoughts on sliding the shocks down the links and what that would help??? Thanks guys

Last edited by md7989; 05-04-2010 at 12:07 PM.
md7989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2010, 12:13 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by md7989 View Post
Hey guys, quick question for you:

I was thinking about how we can slide the shocks up and down the links on our RS10s, and I was wondering has anybody noticed any improvement in performance by sliding their shocks down the links?

I was thinking about how this would lower the rig a little bit and might also "firm up" the suspension by not letting it twist so much and so fast.

Any thoughts on sliding the shocks down the links and what that would help??? Thanks guys

Mine are at the very end of the link, limits articulation to about 70 degrees very nice,I had to relocate the upper shock mount further back to get the shock closer to vertical though. Well worth it. Best part is the lower shock mount being behind the tire doest get hung up anymore.Not to mention the links are paralel now upper to lower. I have pics of my setup in my build thread I think
Dabandit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Lowers the rig, thus lowering the center of gravity also, which helps out a bit.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabandit1 View Post
Mine are at the very end of the link, limits articulation to about 70 degrees very nice,I had to relocate the upper shock mount further back to get the shock closer to vertical though. Well worth it. Best part is the lower shock mount being behind the tire doest get hung up anymore.Not to mention the links are paralel now upper to lower. I have pics of my setup in my build thread I think
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsowens View Post
Lowers the rig, thus lowering the center of gravity also, which helps out a bit.

Thanks guys...I'll give it a try this weekend hopefully.
md7989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Towards the Chassis Raises the Chassis Clearance, also higher CG, towards the axle Lowers the Chassis and cg,
also with longer upper links you can "twist ur motors making them higher off ground also making the crawler Lower to ground or more "Flat"
dgna5 is offline   Reply With Quote