Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Stock radio dig switch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Stock radio dig switch

Hey, i was just wonderring if there was any way to make the stock radio able to controll a dig system. I was thinking mabey if you set ch 3 to 100% and press the steer program button it might work, i tried this by just putting my servo on ch 3 and looking at it. It changes direction of which way it's going 100% with the crab walk and the front rear steer, crab goes left and the other goes right, but then you have that useless rear only one that you would have to press threw . Only issue i see with it is that when you steer it still moves the servo so it might fall off the switch or enable the motor again. I was thinking mabey there's a wire in the radio behind the steering wheel that's just for the rear that you might be able to just cut and tuck back. Just let me know what you think.
LittleE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I tried it and it worked . All you have to do is beep till your in rear steer only and use a quick bump to the left or right depending where your switch is . And you also have to use a bushbutton switch that needs to be disconnected by pushing it again. So it goes like this .... beep beep beep turn beep(back to front steer) use dig , beep beep beep turn (disengage) beep drive normal . Get tired of it, buy a modded tq3 off of a member in the classifieds for $25.00 and have fun.

Last edited by camobob; 05-13-2010 at 08:54 AM. Reason: deleted possible sales pitch.
camobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Or !!!!!.....

.....you can get one of these http://www.punkrc.com/index.php?main...products_id=32
WarHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i asked this a month or so ago and go not replies. thanks camobob. i am still wanting to open the radio and see if it can be done better sort of like the traxxass mod.
ctracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:35 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarHog View Post
that thing would make me want to stab myself to death with a basketball...... i dont know about everybody else, but i hold my wheels turned all the way a lot when i run.
blindsnyper is offline   Reply With Quote