Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: reciever twitchin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default reciever twitchin

hey all just wondering if anyone else has had this problem......my hitech645mg servos are twitchin like a mofo when there on or off the rig..ill turn the wheels one way and they twitch then same thing the opposite way..this is happening to both servos and ive plugged in a diff servo to the reciever and that one twitches also..So is it the reciever thats twitchin the servos or the crystals and i just put on the aluminum knuckles and cant even try them out DAMN!! and also if it is the reciever anybody have any recomendations on what to go with thats compatible with the radio?

Thx all.
RTVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
jwo
Rock Crawler

does it do the same thing with the both stock servos plugged in? some electronics are more sensitive on other stuff then others. or maybe how your antenna is run. this seems to be a normal problem with the stock radio system.
jwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

well i only have 1 stock one left and i plugged it in to test it and it did the same thing..Antena is clear but i think i need to tweak the radio some more.. Also the throttle works fine also si im confused if its the reciever or not.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:07 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Make sure there are no little cuts in your antenna. It also could be where you have your antenna positioned. Sometimes if the antenna is close to other electronics it can cause some glitching. Another thing you could try is only plug one servo into the receiver and see if it still glitches. If everything seems fine, your receiver may be going bad. Some FM receivers should work, or you could get a replacement from redcat or one of the other redcat parts dealers on here.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #5
jwo
Rock Crawler

am and fm setups grew very old on me. to finicky. usually its not a problem. but with most crawlers things are tight. so every thing has to be really close to each other. you wouldnt think so but small little cuts in your antenna wire will cause issues. why donno. had it happen to me. running near power wires. pretty much anything. i never had servo problems. it was always the throttle on mine. either way i feel your pain. when i ran an external bec, it got much worse. when power ran down so did the signal. went from a few feet to standing directly over it and bent over not to glitch. i bit the bullet and went with spektrum. either way you have something going on. if you have any fm or am radio systems to try in place.i assume you know that fm and am can not be mixed. i would do that and also try what jsowens suggested. like i said it seems like an on going problem with the radio systems. i have had similar issues with my losi micro. i binded my dx2 i have instead of the stocker and the problem was fixed. so it could also be your tx. good luck. hopefully you can get it solved.
jwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

thanks guys for all the input ive moved the antenna checked it for cuts and problems still persists so im gonna swap my reciever to my buddys ax-10 and see if it glitches on his rig if it doesnt then ill try the speed control on his rig...it is now turning left with no glitch at all but when i steer right it glitches and when i turn to the right slowly the tires start to roll a little bit so now im really confused..does it also with the spare servo thats not on the rig or attached to the links...Oh well if nothing works i guess im just gonna get a new reciever and speed control from redcat.
thx again all.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:48 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I would say it might be the receiver rather than the ESC...especially if you're only having issues when steering. Personally, I would suggest to upgrade your electronics if you're planning on buying a new ESC and receiver. Once you have 30 legit posts you should have access to the classifieds. Often you can find a pretty nice ESC in there for what you could buy a replacement redcat ESC for. If you have the extra cash, that's the route I would suggest taking.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorloshuk View Post
Hi allI hope someone here can help me in setting up my second tv to work with my 9242 reciever.I have an older Bell reciever currently connected to the second tv, with the sat signal coming into the second receiver. I have the main receiver set up for dual mode, with TV2 set to channel 73 under the Modulator settings. The second remote is working, in that when pointed at the 9242, it can turn TV2 on/off.I have tried to connect the cable to the ant input on TV2, but I dont have any signal. I have setup the 9242 on TV2 as Cable. Do I need to run cable from the inhome distribution connection on the 9242 to TV2 itself to get the second tv to function where I can watch PVR shows on it?Any tips would be great, maybe even a "for dummies" guideThanks
Uhhh...you DO realize you're talking about tv's...and we're talking about crawlers, right? Even though I use to work for a fairly large satellite tv company, I'm not even about to touch this one.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorloshuk View Post
Hi allI hope someone here can help me in setting up my second tv to work with my 9242 reciever.I have an older Bell reciever currently connected to the second tv, with the sat signal coming into the second receiver. I have the main receiver set up for dual mode, with TV2 set to channel 73 under the Modulator settings. The second remote is working, in that when pointed at the 9242, it can turn TV2 on/off.I have tried to connect the cable to the ant input on TV2, but I dont have any signal. I have setup the 9242 on TV2 as Cable. Do I need to run cable from the inhome distribution connection on the 9242 to TV2 itself to get the second tv to function where I can watch PVR shows on it?Any tips would be great, maybe even a "for dummies" guideThanks
im confused...? i thought this was a thread about a twitchy reciever problem in an rc crawler?...

Last edited by talon0713; 06-18-2010 at 05:53 PM.
talon0713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

ummmmmm ya confused.....maybe google the 9242 and see what comes up for you since this was about my crawler twitchin the servos.......Anyway ive narrowed it down to the reciever by testing it on another rig and it seems to be the reciever BUT im also thinking of getting a AM 2 channel radio /reciever since i keep screwing with the buttons accidentally hittin the trims and all the other goodies..I know ill lose my 4 steer modes but im fairly content just using the front steer seeing as i hardly ever use the other modes...What would you guys recomend on a good 2channel radio/reciever??

and hector try this maybe youll find a solution there..http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/sear...archid=4650494

Last edited by RTVIC; 06-18-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTVIC View Post
What would you guys recomend on a good 2channel radio/reciever??
I would actually suggest picking up a 3 channel instead, if there's even the slightest chance you'll add a dig unit. If you have the extra cash...you can get a spectrum dx3e for around 100 bucks and you wouldn't have to worry about glitching nearly as much. However, if you're on a low budget a traxxas tq3 can be found pretty cheap.

I picked up a tq3 radio/receiver combo on ebay for under $30 shipped. You could then run your rig on 2 channels only, or you could either buy or build a dig and modify your radio to either a 3 position toggle or push button switch to use the dig.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Well the under $30 sounds real nice! Ill have to check that out indeed...My biggest problem is interferance with my buddys rigs 3 guys all on diff freq yet im the only one wiggin around there radios all of them are axials 2-ax-10's one is digital and a scx-10 and were all on diff crystals and there on AM so that confuses us lol...thx alot for the input ill go do some investigating now!!