Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Redcat rs10 body??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #1

Default Redcat rs10 body??

Hello, I'm new to this forum, I'm about to buy an rs10, but I hate the body it comes with. It's too small in my opinion. I want a body that would give it a scale look. If anyone knows of bodies that will fit the rs10 and give it a scale look please tell me about it.
Thanks

Adrian
crawlingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

There's ALOT of scale looking bodies out there. Go to any online crawler store and almost half the bodies are scaleish. Proline makes alot of them. IMO almost anything that is 6"+ wide and matches the wheelbase is scale.
LittleE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleE View Post
There's ALOT of scale looking bodies out there. Go to any online crawler store and almost half the bodies are scaleish. Proline makes alot of them. IMO almost anything that is 6"+ wide and matches the wheelbase is scale.
Cool, thanks
what's the wheelbase on the rs10
Old 06-18-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlingman View Post
Cool, thanks
what's the wheelbase on the rs10
Whatever you make it, i keep mine at 12.5" full squat to keep it competition legal. the stock chassis has different holes for the lower links to adjust the wheelbase. You'll see when you get it. I'm not really sure but at a 3" ride height it ranges from like 11" to 13.5". but i havn't had the stock chassis for along time.
LittleE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

here is the site i have found to have the best selection.
http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/bodiesbo...91_100_31.html
talon0713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:42 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Here aRE my bodies on my rs10. keep in mind u have to modifly the body mounts for these things to work

Silver brono body on my rs10... HPI body

Proline bronco body on rs10 chassis
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:33 PM   #7

Thanks guys,
I want to buy a Toyota fj cruiser body that is 7 3/4 inches wide,wheelbase is 10 1/2 inches, the overall length is 17" and height 7".
Will that fit the stock rs10?
Old 06-19-2010, 06:33 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks guys,
I want to buy a Toyota fj cruiser body that is 7 3/4 inches wide,wheelbase is 10 1/2 inches, the overall length is 17" and height 7".
Will that fit the stock rs10?
The wheelbase will need shortening if you want the wheels to match up with the wheel wells...otherwise, it should theoretically fit. Most 1/10 scale crawler bodies should fit, but as it's already been said, you might have to do some modifying to make them fit. Are you going for a full on scale look...or just tossing on a "scale" looking body?
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:52 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsowens View Post
The wheelbase will need shortening if you want the wheels to match up with the wheel wells...otherwise, it should theoretically fit. Most 1/10 scale crawler bodies should fit, but as it's already been said, you might have to do some modifying to make them fit. Are you going for a full on scale look...or just tossing on a "scale" looking body?
It doesn't have to be 100% perfect scale. But I would like it to be like some of the pics above^^
Old 06-19-2010, 08:33 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
It doesn't have to be 100% perfect scale. But I would like it to be like some of the pics above^^

The chassis is still 12.5 WB. The orange body is a 12.3 wb and the silver is 12.0 or 11.9

I like proliine an hpi stuff myself
Old 06-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

If you want true scale looks go for a hard body . Look at the New Bright bodies and other toy rc manufacturers . If you buy a star or wait til 30 posts and 30 days you can access the for sale section . They usually have a few listed . I sell them all the time . Although I like proline and other lexan body makers you just cant beat hard bodies . Also you can often find them at garage sales , thrift stores , people who have young children , and new at stores . Sometimes they even have interiors . Search NB Jeep JK and you will see what I mean . Its one of the more scale bodies . You can even find them with opening doors , hood , etc . I sold a Dale Earhardt chevy that you could read the odometer on ! Even if you find an old one thats scratched up and looks bad you can do body work and stuff its really lots of fun to see what you can come up with . Goodluck .
rc_pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_pimp View Post
If you want true scale looks go for a hard body . Look at the New Bright bodies and other toy rc manufacturers . If you buy a star or wait til 30 posts and 30 days you can access the for sale section . They usually have a few listed . I sell them all the time . Although I like proline and other lexan body makers you just cant beat hard bodies . Also you can often find them at garage sales , thrift stores , people who have young children , and new at stores . Sometimes they even have interiors . Search NB Jeep JK and you will see what I mean . Its one of the more scale bodies . You can even find them with opening doors , hood , etc . I sold a Dale Earhardt chevy that you could read the odometer on ! Even if you find an old one thats scratched up and looks bad you can do body work and stuff its really lots of fun to see what you can come up with . Goodluck .
YUP! The fj body Im buying is used but like new and its a hard body!! It has very nice detailing, like side mirrors a roof rack and spare tire in the back door. Buy the wheelbase is 1 1/2" short, I don't think it would be a problem though.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

ya the proline bodies are sweet for sure!! i got the 73 bronco with the light bar and roof rack.
RTVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:56 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Yeah its easier to get away with a short WB than a longer WB . It will probably just look like a 1:1 with some sort of super suspension . At 1-1/2'' it shouldnt look very off . You can probably shorten the WB a little if you need to anyways .
rc_pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:38 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTVIC View Post
ya the proline bodies are sweet for sure!! i got the 73 bronco with the light bar and roof rack.
Well lets post up some pics!!!!
Old 06-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Well heres a few pics from yesturdays outing still with the twitchin receiver lol waiting on a new one and another radio and receiver..Also sorry for the big pics im too lazy to resize em lol.

thats my buddys ax-10 in the back drop with a blazer body

Ive cut out the wheels wells a little bit so it wont rub as bad as it was when i got the body.

and phantom ur bronco looks SWEEEEET!!! thats awsome you didnt have to cut ur wheel wells out and im lovin the bumpers!!
Ill be going out again today and ill get some better shots with my real camera these were from my cell phone.

Last edited by RTVIC; 06-20-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:41 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Well heres a few pics from yesturdays outing still with the twitchin receiver lol waiting on a new one and another radio and receiver..Also sorry for the big pics im too lazy to resize em lol.

thats my buddys ax-10 in the back drop with a blazer body

Ive cut out the wheels wells a little bit so it wont rub as bad as it was when i got the body.

and phantom ur bronco looks SWEEEEET!!! thats awsome you didnt have to cut ur wheel wells out and im lovin the bumpers!!
Ill be going out again today and ill get some better shots with my real camera these were from my cell phone.
Thanks man!!! i like urs as well. The orange bronco is now going to go on my axial ax10 chassis. The bumpers are temperaly mounted im now waiting on my frame kit to go on my ax10. The silver an black bronco is now mounted permanently to the rs10 chassis.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Nice!! the siver looks sweet on that chassis indeed!
Old 06-20-2010, 10:02 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Nice!! the siver looks sweet on that chassis indeed!
I like it alot, I have my own build thread if u wanna check it out its in the rs10 section

Sorry for the thread hijack Crawlingman. Back on topic!!
Old 06-21-2010, 09:01 AM   #20

where did you find that scout body i thought proline didnt' make it anymore
apicool is offline   Reply With Quote