Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: what motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 08:22 PM   #1

Default what motor

I fried the rear motor so I decided to just replace both. I dont realy want to replace the esc so I want something that will be basicly a drop in replacement w/o paying the $18 for 1 from Redcat.

Here are a few I was looking at.

http://banebots.com/pc/MOTOR-BRUSH/M5-RS380-72

http://www.canyonhobbies.com/Product...19&click=62061

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWK45&P=FR

Any others I should concider ?

Thanks
flimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Well, first of all take a look at the official tips and tricks thread located here:

Official RS10 tips and tricks thread.

About halfway down on the first post is a small list of motors that most of us have tried, and some we haven't. If you're wanting something cheap to replace your stock motors with, out of the ones you posted...I would suggest you go for the banebots. At least they've been tried by crawlers and we know they're an improvement over the stock motors.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:05 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

What kind of improvement can we expect to see using the banebots?

Better wheel speed, more torque? 7.2v vs 12v?

I dont understand the numbers listed on thier site, is there a way to figure out what kind of turn motor the bots will replace, the rs10 are 380 size 70 turn.

I guess what I'm saying is that I am not smart enough to know what I'm buying.

Holy Fawk! it's gonna cost me 35 bucks to get them, are they worth it?

Last edited by AngryTradesman; 07-12-2010 at 10:21 PM. Reason: cost?
AngryTradesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:04 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I don't have first hand experience with the banebots, since I run different motors. The banebots don't come in a "turn" rating...they come in a voltage rating. They come in a 7.2v 380 size and a 12v 390 size, which are the 2 most commonly used by some of the other RS10 guys. From what I understand, the 7.2v 380's are a little better than the stock motors, they have a good mix of wheelspeed and torque from what I've read. With the 12v 390's, if you're using a higher voltage battery you'll get even more wheelspeed and torque. A lot of guys pair those with a set of the 8t pinions also and seem to have good luck and improvement over the stock motors. As for the cost...I'm not gonna say if they're worth it or not, since I don't run them. Hopefully some of the guys that run them will chime in. Another option you guys can consider is 540 motors. People have been using those and modding the gearboxes for them to fit and have been having good luck with them.

Another thing you could do is search for "banebots" on the forum and it pops up some threads talking about the motors...or you could read back a few pages here in the RS10 section and find some info on them.

Last edited by jsowens; 07-13-2010 at 07:07 AM.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:47 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

About 30$ to ship a 4$ motor to Canada plus an extra 12% at your door thanks to the h.s.t Get a 540 motor,Integy motors can be had for 20$ go 35t or higher,metal gears are available now if you fry the plastic ones.
Dabandit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:24 AM   #6

Default Banebots 380

I've been running the banebots 380 motors with an 8.4v 3000 mah battery. I have 10t pinion in front and 12t in back and also wired wires to rear motor first to try fix clod stall. With this setup I got a big improvement over stock especially now that I', running white dot hb rovers. The only thing is that the motors do get hot.
Take'm Dea is offline   Reply With Quote