Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: metal Spool pin plate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default metal Spool pin plate

So I trashed the plastic gears with the 540s finally and ordered a set of steel gears from Crawford performance. One thing troubled me, all steel gears but still a plastic spool pin cover plate. Mine is already a little worn from snapped pins gouging it out. I drew one up in cad this morning and am going to try to make one in the shop tonight or tomorrow out of aluminum. I just can't justfy beefing up everything and leaving that plastic POS in there. I'll post pics when I get it done.

---Deleted so as not to piss off the internet gods---

in case you're wondering what piece I'm talking about its the one on the far right in the pic with the slot in it.

Last edited by dudegetabike; 09-15-2010 at 11:13 PM.
dudegetabike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

hate to burst your bubble but this is not the place to push your products and or ideas for products. I think you can get banned for that. seen another guy try this on something else for articulation and mods came down on him. so if i were you i would delete that part of your post. that being said........if you come up with a piece of aluminum or something other than plastic i would be interested. so you would have to post how you did it to make it legal. or buy a vendor star and sell them on here. witch case noone can tell you if they would buy them or not without breaking rules. I think.

i put the steels in mine too and looked at that plastic POS and yes it has to go. i put hard pins in mine from zno but one axle the spur was stripped and i couldnt get it apart. so it will break eventually.
ctracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:37 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I dont see a problem here. He didnt say I have thesefor sale ant they are this much, he said I am gonna try to do this, and if it works who would be interested in one, and what do you think its worth.

how is this pushing a product?

He's voicing an idea right now. He still has yet to make it. If you are not alloawed to see if someont would buy something before you make it, how are you supposed to know if its gonna be worth your time?

Give the guy a break.
major94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

this is exactly what the other thread dude was doing. I hate to see the guy get booted on a minor infraction. maybe i am wrong but i would rather error on the side of caution.

* In order to sell your goods on this site you must become a supporting vendor.
* RCC will not allow anyone without a vendor star to create "feeler" threads to gauge interest on the product you are thinking about selling.
* Feeler threads will be deleted without notice. If you continue to create them you will be warned or given an infraction, then banned, not necessarily in that order.
* Please try to support the RCC vendors whenever you can as they are doing the hobby a great service to bring you the best crawler specific parts available.
* There are lots of vendors in the Vendors Market section, search around in there.

I looked for the thread that the guy was doing that and i think it is deleted. I cant find it in my replies. if he has a good idea i would be interested but according to the rules i cant say i would be so i am not. just looking out for the guy is all. he seems to have some knowledge and crafting experience.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I see, those are pretty harsh rules.

Oh well. Good find.
major94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

i thought so too but figured i would look out for the guy. it is what it is. thanks.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:35 PM   #7
RCC Addict

We're working with the factory on having them create a metal version of that piece. It's a ways off though.
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:12 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Hmm. Well School schedule trumped my personal projects yet again so didn't get it done tonight. Not tryin to break the rules and def don't want to get booted from the forum. Just thought I'd see if anyone else thought it was BS to do a half a$$ job on these steel gear sets. It's like putting Dana 60s on your Toyota and leaving the stock driveshafts on (although its been done far too often). Not a good way to make a profit on them given the costs of aluminum, shipping and the time it would take to "one off" them in a shop. Guess I'll just make me a set. Are there rules against trades???
Old 09-15-2010, 11:14 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

BTW, thanks to Crawford Performance for great customer service this morning. Waiting sucks, overnight shipping is sweet!