Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Verybig preoblem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Verybig preoblem

i started my RS10 and when i give it some throttle it does not move. i have not changed any trim settings and i looked in the gearbox and it looked like nothing was wrong. also there is no weight in the wheels so its no pushing that much weight. PLEASE HELP
bigal53021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2010, 06:56 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Do the wheels move if you hold the rig off the ground and throttle it? If nothing at all happens in forward or reverse you might wanna check your connections. Especially the ones from the ESC to the motors or to the receiver...something might've came loose.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

the motor work fine and everything it is just when it is on the ground and u give it some throttle it is just like the gears spin inside the gearbox but i opened up the gearbox and there is absolutely nothing wrong.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #4
RCC Addict

umm recheck all the connections and check the gear to see if its tight kinda sounds like something is loose.. is the battery charged up good?
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:40 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

sounds like the spur gear pins are sheared
blindsnyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:10 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

i took apart the entire gearbox and there is nothing wrong with the pins. everything is fine until i put the tire on and it sounds like the gears ar spinning without moving the axle. If the gears would be striped wouldnt there be pieces of plastic in the gearbox
Old 09-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
i took apart the entire gearbox and there is nothing wrong with the pins. everything is fine until i put the tire on and it sounds like the gears ar spinning without moving the axle. If the gears would be striped wouldnt there be pieces of plastic in the gearbox
Yes there would be pieces of the plastic gears or at least you would be able to tell that the gears had been stripped.

What the guys on there are talking about with the spur gear pin is on the final drive gear (spur gear) there is a plate that bolts to the side of it with 4 small screws. Behind this plate there is a pin that goes through the shaft and essentially is the only thing connecting the gear to the tires.
The factory pins have been known to be extremely weak and can sometimes sheer very easily. So it would do what you are describing by having the gears drive inside the case but no movement at the tires.

Here is a link to some new hardened pins
http://www.zno-rc.com/pages/products...drive_pin.html
ZNO-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the help you guys i will definately get some of those. just one more question do i need 2 sets of those pins for both axles or just one set because both axles are shot
Old 09-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Thats pretty weird for both pins to shear at the exact same time hmmmmm well if it is the pins which sounds like it is hit up ZNO-RC for some new ones there GREAT people to deal with and thell take good care of you!
RTVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:24 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

you only need to order 1, it has 2 pins 1 per axle.
blindsnyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:15 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Or just get some 3/32 hardened steel pins from ace hardware and drill out the hole. Its only a couple thousandths of an inch bigger but they shouldn't snap, they're in town today, and they're only $0.18 each.
dudegetabike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:03 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

well i got to the pin. i could call it 3 pins if i want to. so i ordered the ones from zno-rc. but i think i might do the 3/32 pins if they break again thanks again for all the help
Old 09-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Your order has shipped . Let us know if you do break this pin though.

We have put ours through quite a bit of abuse and have sold probably 50 sets of these pins since we started selling them this summer but we have not had any feedback on how they are holding up for everyone else. If anyone has these and has broken a set I would love to know about it. Thanks
ZNO-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:00 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

I will keep u guys informed on how they are doing once i put the new ones in from u guys