Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: What is the stock wheel size?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #1

Default What is the stock wheel size?

Is the stock wheel size 2.2? i'm trying to get new tires so i can switch them out right when i get it. This is my first crawler and i hear the stock tires suck, so while i get it i am going to look for another sercvo and get new tires for it as well.
MdgtRac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #2

also, what is a good battery and charger upgrade for cheap, i am looking to not break the bank here. No lipo because i will not be changing the electronics yet.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Wheels are stock 2.2 size, and most aftermarket brand tires will fit the stock wheels.

We offer some inexpensive hi-torque servos if interested.
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:28 PM   #4
RCC Addict

For future reference, axial offset aluminum wheels will fit the rs10's. As for chargers...if you don't wanna shell out the cash for an all in one charger right now, get something cheap, but good. I got a losi mini peak charger for under $20. It's a simple charger with a LED indicator that tells you when the pack is charged. It's not super fast, but will charge the stock battery in a little under 2 hours. I don't recommend shelling out much more than that unless you get a charger that can do lipo too...otherwise later on you'll regret the purchase if you do wanna get lipo batteries.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:27 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Default Lipo

Go for a battery charger that charges them all.....save them pennies if you have too. The stock electronics can handle lipo. I have 2 2s lipos and 2 3s lipos that I ran on the stock stuff.....several others do to.
WarHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:07 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Beware of the Venom Ridgeline tires, they have a proprietary beadlock that doesn't work so well with these wheels. They'll go on but its hard to get the bead to seat and they tend to de-bead all the time. Rovers and Chisels have been good to me.
dudegetabike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #7

I run white dot rovers on mine. I also sipped my tires, it helped with grip on side hills, they are insanly sticky now. Also I have heard great things about Chisels, a guy in our club has a little of everything for his rig, different tires work better on different rocks, I know, stupid comment but it is true. Another thing to think about is foams, I run two stage proline memory foams in mine and that was a huge difference too. As far as chargers go, I bought a dynamite charger from hobbytown for 45 bucks and it will charge all the batts i have, I have 2s lipos that are 5000mA, it takes about 2hours to charge them, it is an adjustable charger and is a good value. You also could watch the classifieds here if you can or check craigslist in your area for rc items, some times you can come across good deals on batteries and chargers and maybe even a cool rc to go with it.
Cookie Monster Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #8

Thankyou all for the responses. I think i will get the chisels, everyone has rovers and i feel like i need to be different. As for chargers go and batterys, if i get a 7.2 1500 mah, how long will it run versus a 7.2 5000 mah. Thanks
Old 11-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdgtRac View Post
Thankyou all for the responses. I think i will get the chisels, everyone has rovers and i feel like i need to be different. As for chargers go and batterys, if i get a 7.2 1500 mah, how long will it run versus a 7.2 5000 mah. Thanks
It'll be a drastic difference in run time. I have a couple of 7.2v 1500mah saddle packs and I get around a half hour of run time on each of them, but that depends on how hard I push my rig or if I drive conservatively. A 5000mah battery will get you a much longer run time, but the downfall is it would be a big battery, so your mounting options would be limited.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:47 AM   #10

My 5000 is not much bigger than a normal 6 stick. It lasts me through three courses of compition and still has power on one charge. The chisels are a good choice, I can respect wanting to be a little different. Just thought of another tire choice, the 2.2Pitbulls work pretty good, they work really good on a narrower wheel but for a tire they look just like the full size tires on a 1:1 truck. That is of course if you want to go for realism.
Cookie Monster Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:57 PM   #11

you could also look into a charger that will charge a wide range of battery types, in the event that you upgrade to say a lipo, or get another rig with a diff type of battery so you don't find yourself buying another charger.
obxcarolina is offline   Reply With Quote