Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Built an indoor crawlin spot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Built an indoor crawlin spot

so far its not too much but its a great start....since ive put on the few upgrades i have its made a clear difference in its ability...the only thing im not diggin so far is when i have my front end up on somethin, the rears want to walk under itself and that makes it want to roll back on its top... so i think i need to keep stock battery in and put the stick battery up front should cure that. ill post some pics of the spot soon
redneckjiujitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

What you need is a dig. It will stop rear tires from lifting front wheels off rock face and allow front tires to find traction. A dig switch is not just for turning it will help in allot of vertical climbing and vertical drop offs.
tom80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Old 01-05-2011, 10:45 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

it has so much clod stall its like having a built in dig...i like the little crawler but some things just really bothering me with it.. like major interference from my buddies tx..when my crawler is within 10ft of his controller mine goes crazy!! and i dont know why, we are both on different channels??? also since i upgraded the front servo, when i turn the unit on the back servo kicks to the left just a little bit, and all 4 wheels will only straigten out if i turn on the 4ws?? i dunno i hate to think i should have bought better crawler because i like it..hell it outcrawls my buddies axial...that 540 motor in his makes a big difference though...and i guess im wanting more power..but i guess with time and money i can have that

Last edited by redneckjiujitsu; 01-05-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:03 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

ok after some more reading on here ill try the banebots 380s...when i get more money to spend on the crawler and not bills
Old 01-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckjiujitsu View Post
it has so much clod stall its like having a built in dig...i like the little crawler but some things just really bothering me with it.. like major interference from my buddies tx..when my crawler is within 10ft of his controller mine goes crazy!! and i dont know why, we are both on different channels??? also since i upgraded the front servo, when i turn the unit on the back servo kicks to the left just a little bit, and all 4 wheels will only straigten out if i turn on the 4ws?? i dunno i hate to think i should have bought better crawler because i like it..hell it outcrawls my buddies axial...that 540 motor in his makes a big difference though...and i guess im wanting more power..but i guess with time and money i can have that
Mine and my buddies do that too, mine starts glitching when I get close to his transmitter. I'm on 10 and he is 9, so I think that its just a cheap reciever. also when you switch steering modes the trim settings are rememberd for that steering mode, so check that the trim settings arn't way off in a certian mode. hope that helps
BWhite is offline   Reply With Quote