Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: motor resistors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 10:37 AM   #1

Default motor resistors

So i was working on my RS10 just adjusting the wires coming off the motor when my father trying to help just grabbed one wire and bent it. when i got back and noticed it i saw that he had ripped off the resistors on one side. My question is do we need them and what do they connect to? do they need to connect to both the negative and positive wires? i cannot get a clear picture of this and so do not know where i need to reattach the wires to.(if i should just sodder it to the wires or the can...)
Lothar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #2

they way they come stock is one between the can and negative one between the neg and positive and one between the positive and the can. as far as needing them i'm not sure i was wondering the same thing i upgraded to 540s and moved the capacitors to the new motors hope this helps
Matt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
RCC Addict

with out them you could get alot of glithing from your motors they are there to block interference . electric motors generate radio noise that can cause the interference. the capacitors are there to REDUCE the noise and possible damage to the ESC you can buy them at radio shack. afew pennies now or alot of dollars later. hope this helps
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #4

ok thank you , just got them back together well see if they still run... the back motor was running hard so i was thinking of upgrading both anyways, so well see. does the size of the capacitors matter if im going to get some or just use the same size that came with the stock motor?
Lothar13 is offline   Reply With Quote