Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Turning radius?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Turning radius?

I can't remember what it was like with the stock servo, but with the 645 on my rs10 has pretty crappy turining radius. I thought it would turn enough to hit the steering stops but it doesn't make it that far either direction at least an 1/8" from each one at full turn from the remote. It turns nice and strong just not very far...Any ideas to what is limiting it or is this normal?
It usually runs fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Its normal. You have to remove a little metal from the thing the dog bone goes in on the knuckle, someone help me out with the name. That is what limits your steering. You cannot get more steering without doing this.
GreMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:05 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Don't get ahead of yourself GreMonte! It's not even hitting the steering stops! I'd get into the programming mode on the transmitter and mess around with the settings in there before I did anything. Your redcat should have come with a sheet showing you how to trim/adjust the steering.

Tune the travel endpoints till it just hits the stops. You don't want the servo trying to overtravel that'll just be hard on it.
billybob_81067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the help I will try and adjust the remote I just set everything so it was in the middle I have to figure out how to set endpoints now.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Ok problem fixed. I went throught the remote instructions and found the setting Ch1 D/R which is the steering servos overall travel and moved it from 45% where I had it to 100% and that let it turn till it hit the stops on each side then I went back and choseCh1 EPA ( L.F.U) which adjust only the left steering and fine tuned it till it barely hits the stop. Then chose Ch1 EPA ( R.B.D) to adjust the right steering. Set each side to about 90% and I am happy with it. It seems like that is the max steering I could get without cutting some stuff off or getting a longer servo arm.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_81067 View Post
Don't get ahead of yourself GreMonte! It's not even hitting the steering stops! I'd get into the programming mode on the transmitter and mess around with the settings in there before I did anything. Your redcat should have come with a sheet showing you how to trim/adjust the steering.

Tune the travel endpoints till it just hits the stops. You don't want the servo trying to overtravel that'll just be hard on it.
Silly me I keep thinking people will try the easy stuff before asking on a post.
GreMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreMonte View Post
Silly me I keep thinking people will try the easy stuff before asking on a post.
I took your advice too, so quit bleeding everywhere.