Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: I got my wife Losi Night Crawler today.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
Gold Star Baby!

Default I got my wife Losi Night Crawler today.

You know for what it is and how much it was. For a RTR... I really dig it. Other then I will be needen to be doin some upgrades due to the fact that it comes with everything plastic..... We took both of ours out and got to playin around. And after mine started to kill some rocks and she was left in the dust.... She says to me.... I will trade you if ya want too. I said no thanks babe.... I got mine and you have yours.

But like I said It's a pretty capable little crawler for what I paid and what it comes with.
redrokin00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I like the LNC except the wheels make it look like a toy-only on the blue ones though. Post a pic it.
It usually runs fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
Jer
Rock Crawler

My question is not on the crawler, it's how you got the wife interested
My wife was mad as hell when the rocks I brought home for the backyard weren't quite the "landscape job" she thought. I just wished she would get into it, she loves 1:1 crawling but thinks the rc's are stupid.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Mine doesn't like either, but either way I don't give a rip. I enjoy my time to myself although she comes with me on wheeling trips and enjoys the jeep so I guess that counts. I'm glad she thinks r/c's are stupid because I think Facebook and vampire soap operas are dumb.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:00 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by It usually runs fine View Post
Mine doesn't like either, but either way I don't give a rip. I enjoy my time to myself although she comes with me on wheeling trips and enjoys the jeep so I guess that counts. I'm glad she thinks r/c's are stupid because I think Facebook and vampire soap operas are dumb.
I hate to admit it, I enjoy the "me" time with my hobbies too. My wife would a lot of time join me for golf and it's so BRUTAL because she's so sucks at it. But to keep a happy marriage you just smile(fake) and give words of encouragement(fake). Luckily she thinks my rc hobby is silly, and I'm totally fine with that b/c it means I get "me" time
Xcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:13 AM   #6
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
My question is not on the crawler, it's how you got the wife interested
My wife was mad as hell when the rocks I brought home for the backyard weren't quite the "landscape job" she thought. I just wished she would get into it, she loves 1:1 crawling but thinks the rc's are stupid.
You know I don't think she really "loves" it like I do. But she sees the crawler getting more attention then she does right now, maybe thats a part of it..... She loves going to Moab and has been ever since we met.

And when I brought it home for Valintines day.... (I couldn't wait to give it to her) as soon as she opened it the kids said.... Hahaha thats more for dad then you mom. She said no kids, I told dad that I wanted to share a hobby that we can both enjoy. And he got me one. (she started crying she loves it that much and not thinkin I would ever let her into my little hobbies) She never thought in a million years that I'd buy her one just for the fact that she didn't think I would do this with her.

But we went out yesterday and we had a blast....

So anyways... here are a few reasons why.... First I love her and we get along great and we enjoy "our" time together and its "our" time away from the house and the kids. Another..... All the money she's been ridding my ass over and all the MONEY I have been spending..... TOTALLY JUSTIFIED NOW!!!!

When I want somethin new... I can say.... Well I ordered you one too so chill OUT! LOL!

Last edited by redrokin00XJ; 02-11-2011 at 04:45 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:26 AM   #7
Gold Star Baby!

Another thing.... Last night I started goin threw the diff crawlers and what they can all do diff.... And she was actually listening to me for once. We spent a few hours on here lookin at all the diff forums and other dudes rigs... We go to the Scalers.... After that was all said and done... She looks at me and says, the scalers are alot like guys who like to play barbie's... You know with all thier scale stuff.... Like their little jacks and shovles an the little coolers and bungees they have on their little trucks.... Seems kinda gay!.... I had to laugh cause I'm not a big fan of scalers. They're cool and I get what they do... And I don't want to offend anyone. But it's not for me.

So later that night I came downstairs after taking a shower, she was no where to be found.... I see these littl lights outsinde. I go out and look and there she is.... On my rock course I made and her jacket an sweats. With her LNC just wheelin away. 10:30 and about 15 Deg outside.... And she was havin a time of her life.

Last edited by redrokin00XJ; 02-11-2011 at 04:37 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:42 AM   #8
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It usually runs fine View Post
I like the LNC except the wheels make it look like a toy-only on the blue ones though. Post a pic it.
You know.... Thast the first thing I said to her.... You're going to need new wheels. They are very cheap and the beadlock rings are made of a cheap brittle plastic. I'm shocked they lasted her the night to be honest with ya..... There are a lot things I'm goin to need to do to make it into a nice little crawler.... But thats pretty much any RTR Crawler you buy. She gets to play with it while I get to upgrade it.

I do slip every now and then and call it "Ours".... She will look at me kinda funny.... But if she desides its not for her.... Then it's a BONUS! for me. I getta extra Crawler out of it.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Your a luckier man than I......my wife doesnt think Im stupid or anything like that , but, she thinks Im nuts for spending money and alot of time playing with a "toy". To her credit, she watches and says ," Oh good job" when something works and, " Aww, try again" when something doesnt work. She is my best friend and friends watch friends do goofy stuff all the time.....sometimes they even join in.
WarHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Thats the kicker is they are our best friends whether we meant it to be like that or not. I always think different people fade in and out of our lives but shes there everyday. Thats why it would be awsome if she was into crawling and 4x4's then I wouldn't need any body else to hang out with.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:53 AM   #11
Gold Star Baby!

Here's a pic of after a good hr on the rocks.... My RS10 and my Wifes LNC

If I get time today I plan on doin a Vid of this place I found, Less then 3 Min from my house. Its got all kinds of rocks to crawl.

She had a blast... This is the first time she got to wheel it for a good hr or more.

Last edited by redrokin00XJ; 02-12-2011 at 04:55 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:05 PM   #12

You guys are cracking me up with the wife comments.
RS10XT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #13

my ole lady (girlfriend of 9 years so basically wifey) she crawls with me and my lil girl. she is always lookin for new spots and picking parts out she want for hers she now wants the rs10 to sit on the back burner and wants a berg but i love she crawls and loves to 1:1 crawls to and can control her own rig better than some of my buddies ( dont tell her that) lol but its funny to see what others wives think her friends say its a kids toy but she and me dont care thats why most her friends are still single lol
irishfabricator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #14
Gold Star Baby!

I couldn't let my wife be the only one with a Losi.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #15

this thread has to be the best one yet. its so funny but so true in so many ways! thanks to who started this. lol
Leprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:31 AM   #16

My wife is not keen to do either 1:1 or 1:10 with me and hates both trucks cause i spend more time working and playing with them then with her so she recons.
FJ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:54 AM   #17
Gold Star Baby!

So here's an update on my lastest build.... LCC. I didn't think that paint job turned out very well.... But it's my first 2 tone paint job.... So it look fairly ok considering it's my first one. I painted it a Burnt Copper and Gun metal Gray.
However the pics don't do it much justic... It's a lot darker copper in person but it turned out lighter in the pics.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Better be careful....the mods will probably move this thread if you keep up with the LCC pics.
WarHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:14 AM   #19
Rock Stacker

Nice paint
TRIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote