Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: having trouble with dig set up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default having trouble with dig set up

got a dual esc and a rocker dig both from zno rc got them to hook up but now how do i get the dig to work all 3 lights on .front steering is on the #1 slot of the rx esc is #2 #3 is where i was told to hook up the dig and #4 has the bec plugged in it...all on my stock tx rx lansu 3td 3ch controller... please help if you can,thanks chris1
78bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

You can't use the stock radio with that setup, it does not have a 3 position switch on it. I don't think anyone has figured out an easy way to use that radio for a dig setup. Try using a spektrum dx3e, they are about $1oo or you can modify a traxxas 3ch radio to work as well for cheap. I use the spektrum and it is a great cheap 2.4 ghz radio with the 3 position ready to go. Good luck
RICrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:33 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Stroll through the electronics section of this site. Someone posted a 2.4,3 channel radio they found from somewhere like hobbypartz.com with receiver for $30 NEW and people were likeing it!
cumminsontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:44 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

thanks cummins
Old 02-27-2011, 07:34 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

found it!

New cheap 3ch. 2.4 gig radio
Old 02-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

yeah i found it aswell thanks ,i also got a wierd phone call today from lhs he say my radio is in,oops forgot i had him order it.so i got a radio just got to wait till tomarrow to pick it up, still kicking myself. its a airtronics mx3x 2.4g 3 ch radio with 4 ch rx so im happy just a little worried about setting it up,so if anyone has any insite ill take all i can get. thanks guys for reading and putting up with a newb. chris1
Old 02-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminsontherocks View Post
Stroll through the electronics section of this site. Someone posted a 2.4,3 channel radio they found from somewhere like hobbypartz.com with receiver for $30 NEW and people were likeing it!
I bought one of those radios and yes, it is a 3 channel and pretty nice for the cost, but it's NOT a 3 position setup that you can use dig with. It's only an on/off 3rd channel. I'm planning on opening it up at some point to see if it can be modded to a 3 position, but it doesn't come stock in that configuration.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsowens View Post
I bought one of those radios and yes, it is a 3 channel and pretty nice for the cost, but it's NOT a 3 position setup that you can use dig with. It's only an on/off 3rd channel. I'm planning on opening it up at some point to see if it can be modded to a 3 position, but it doesn't come stock in that configuration.

so you like it? i read a post about someone opening it up and just modding it like the TQ radio. may be wrong but i think they were using it for a dig aswell!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:39 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Haven't used it yet, to be honest with you, aside from turning it on and checking out the functions on it. My RS10 is currently being rebuilt, so I'll use it in due time. I posted up in my rebuild thread that I plan on trying to mod it similarly to how I modded my TQ3, that could've been the post you saw. That depends on how the wiring looks when I open it up. I'm gonna be using it without dig at first just to get familiar with the radio. Based on looks alone, it's a nice radio. It has a lot of adjustment, 9 model memory, etc... for a $35 radio. I'm planning on posting up a review on it once my rig is back together and I get some time put in using the radio.

Last edited by jsowens; 02-28-2011 at 07:41 AM.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:24 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

well to all who read or tried to read and understand my post,thank you.now as far as my 10 (lowmaster) she's hot in a good way! thought this new radio was gonna be a pain to set up, not bad at all about 20 mins to read the book ,10-15 mins to set it up.airtronics mx3x ,outcry dual esc,rocker dig,rc4wd x-lock tires,and waiting on my 55t motors should be here by monday so more to come...and been trying to come up with a new chassi ,got a small piece of delrin ,so chassi and rear lower links will get started this week. i might have to start a thread on this.well agian thanks to all.

ps my lil girl says thanks too..