Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: REDCAT= Great customer service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default REDCAT= Great customer service

Ok we all know the rs10 is not the Bugatti Veyron of the rc world, but every problem I have ever had with this machine has been handled extremely well by the redcat service dept. and I want everyone to know about it. I will list all the problems I have had and how they went hopefully others will chime in as well and new buyers can read this and rest assured their expiernce will be great. I will list my favorite and most recent first.
1:My email to them-
Hello, I have been having a problem with my radio since I purchased the rs10, but have been able to deal with it by staying very close to the vehicle while operating, but now it's gotten to bad to drive anymore. The radio lcd screen glitches on and off and has terrible reception with fullly charged top of the line batteries. My antenna has zero nicks in it and is full intact and in the stock position still. I noticed that the 3ch radio sells for more than the 2 channel 2.4ghz unit and I would like to recieve a 2.4ghz system instead of a new 27mhz if that is possible. Thanks-Steven.
Their reply to me-
I apologize for this. I have no problem sending you a 2.4ghz system, but you will no longer be able to have rear-steer in your vehicle. Is this ok with you?
Thanks,
Billy

My reply-
I said that I was ok with no rear-steer.

Their final reply-Ok, I will send you a DSM-2C system out immediately.

My final reply- I love the way you guys stand behind your product like his. A+ service in my book. Thanks a million.

2. Thought I had a motor go out, but turned out to be drive pin snapped. Regardless they sent me a motor asap to replace it when I asked on their dime.

3. Drive pins snapped and I am sure redcat would replace them, but I handled it myself for free so I wasn't concerned with that.

4. Both servos stripped. I emailed them and told them they both stripped under normal conditions in the house, which was true. Billy emailed me back and told me carpet is the one of the hardest terrains a rc can be driven on, but we have two replacement servos on the way for you. I ended up with a hitec, but great service none the less.

I haven't regretted buying a redcat one bit because no matter what happens to it I know I am not alone with fixing it. I reccomend them to anyone.
FYI if you have a problem just email them about it no matter what, be polite and honest and I think you will be surprised, Sometimes emails can come and go slow so have a little patience they will come through.
It usually runs fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

That's good to know. I replaced quite a bit with mine, not because it broke.
Just upgrades. (You know, can't leave anything alone)
My only failures were
1 bad servo, Antenna on the radio broke.
Other than that I'm pleased with mine.
CrAsHmAsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote