Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Clod Stall

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Clod Stall

I am reading all I can on tips and fixxes before I buy a RS10 XT. Steel gears, Hardened steel drive pins, Better servos, and HB Rovers will come first.
Will adding a RC4WD Dig II help with Clod Stall ?
TIA !
XtrmTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

I'd buy the servo first, and then a 3 channel 2.4 TX/RX since you mentioned a dig.
CrAsHmAsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

nope not gonna help the clod stall..run a smaller pinion on the rear axle, you could also run smaller wires to the front motor and bigger wire to the rear motor
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Nope, a dig won't have a bit of effect on clod stall. Pretty much the only ways to lessen clod stall are the smaller pinion in the rear, more powerful motors, or a more powerful battery.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Best and only solution to clodstall buy a shafty. Running 540 motors helped me alot...the minor clodstall I do get is more of a help than anything,by using throttle control I can decide when to make the rig clodstall,using it like a dig.
Dabandit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:43 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabandit1 View Post
Best and only solution to clodstall buy a shafty. Running 540 motors helped me alot...the minor clodstall I do get is more of a help than anything,by using throttle control I can decide when to make the rig clodstall,using it like a dig.
i dont mean to sound like a dick but buying a shafty is not the only solution to clodstall... there a lot of things you can do.. all of wich take money of course but what doesnt... you can run dual esc's... you can get a single esc that has a linear/proportional control to where you can give more power to the back motor and less to the front or vise versa... on my xr10 i run a novak m2 esc with an internal dig and bec combined with a spektrum dx3r so that i can dial the motors how i need them... it works great... dont read up on the m2 in any of the forums on here it will jsut convince you they are junk BECAUSE if you go look the first 5 pages are nothing but badmouthing the m2 BECAUSE they are talking about the 1st generation m2 wich wasnt up to par that have re-worked the m2 about 4 times now so they have it working great... i speak from experience... and as for a shafty im not saying it cant be done but i have never had a shafty out perform my moa in a competition... shaftys are not as capable as an moa in my opinion.... if you would like to more lil tips and tricks on the matter give me a shout i will be glad to give you a few cheap mods you can try before you go spending a lot of money trying to eliminate clod stall wich isnt that big of a deal anyway....IMO hahah
tyrod_emmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:14 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Clod Stall

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrod_emmons View Post
i dont mean to sound like a dick but buying a shafty is not the only solution to clodstall... there a lot of things you can do.. all of wich take money of course but what doesnt... you can run dual esc's... you can get a single esc that has a linear/proportional control to where you can give more power to the back motor and less to the front or vise versa... on my xr10 i run a novak m2 esc with an internal dig and bec combined with a spektrum dx3r so that i can dial the motors how i need them... it works great... dont read up on the m2 in any of the forums on here it will jsut convince you they are junk BECAUSE if you go look the first 5 pages are nothing but badmouthing the m2 BECAUSE they are talking about the 1st generation m2 wich wasnt up to par that have re-worked the m2 about 4 times now so they have it working great... i speak from experience... and as for a shafty im not saying it cant be done but i have never had a shafty out perform my moa in a competition... shaftys are not as capable as an moa in my opinion.... if you would like to more lil tips and tricks on the matter give me a shout i will be glad to give you a few cheap mods you can try before you go spending a lot of money trying to eliminate clod stall wich isnt that big of a deal anyway....IMO hahah
If one had dual Tekin FXR esc's in their rig and wanted to get as close to eliminating Clod Stall as possible, what settings should be changed in the esc's? (using the HotWire of course).
DiggyStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Clod Stall

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
you could also run smaller wires to the front motor and bigger wire to the rear motor
Sorry, but this made me LOL.
MuddyOval is offline   Reply With Quote