Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New to Red Cat,Best Tires To Buy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #1

Default New to Red Cat,Best Tires To Buy?

New to the RS10,Bought as a second crawler i have a modified axial as my primary crawler.What is the best tire to replace the stock tires?
carolina928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

HB Rover White Dots are top of the line, IMO.
strato54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thats what I run. Love em.

Justin
WILDMAN442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

That all depends on what kind of rock you crawl on, personally I like the sedonas because the sidewall is a little stiffer than rovers which is more predictable on sidehills and the lugs are stiffer and more uniform and seems to bite better on edges, but the rovers are great as well. Then again, I've seen guys that run the boss claws walk up stuff that sedonas and rovers struggled with. Good foams also make a huge improvement.
RICrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by strato54 View Post
HB Rover White Dots are top of the line, IMO.
you wont be sorry they just kick ass
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina928 View Post
New to the RS10,Bought as a second crawler i have a modified axial as my primary crawler.What is the best tire to replace the stock tires?
Almost any aftermarket crawler tire is better than the stock tires. We can't accurately answer what will be best for you, though. Any tire like rovers, sedonas, boss claws, etc... will be worlds better than stock.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:17 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Love my proline chisels, but haven't tried rovers or sedonas so can't compare. Apparently some pro's claim that chisels with some "sipe-ing" are the best tires on the market. Haven't siped mine - haven't needed to.
The Jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #8

still running stock tires just cut my foam and i can go anywhere my buddy goes with his rs10 with aftermarket tires
djtoyota88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:00 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtoyota88 View Post
still running stock tires just cut my foam and i can go anywhere my buddy goes with his rs10 with aftermarket tires
I'm curious what kind of rocks you're crawling on and how good of a driver your buddy is for stock tires to do as good as aftermarket tires. What tires is he using? When I first got my RS10, there were a few lines I couldn't do with the stock tires...they would just spin and not grab at all, even with memory foams in them. I upgraded to rovers and those same lines became easy.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:03 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtoyota88 View Post
lets see some video, even with the foams cut i dont see how the stock can even come close to aftermarket tires, but i could be wrong
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:44 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackalope View Post
Love my proline chisels, but haven't tried rovers or sedonas so can't compare. Apparently some pro's claim that chisels with some "sipe-ing" are the best tires on the market. Haven't siped mine - haven't needed to.
you and me just became freinds my man... i have been a hardcore fan of the chisels.. i went to a comp in indiana on and out of 20 rigs i was the only one running chisels, everyone was running losi boss claw or hot bodies sedonas... i have ran every tire you can think of and i will say this i hate hate hate the sedonas,, i like the rovers they are hard to beat but i love love love my chisels.... but the you have to understand that the foam setup has a lot to do with it as well....

oh and at the comp i finished in the top ten so the chisels surprised a few people...

tyrod_emmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrod_emmons View Post
you and me just became freinds my man... i have been a hardcore fan of the chisels.. i went to a comp in indiana on and out of 20 rigs i was the only one running chisels, everyone was running losi boss claw or hot bodies sedonas... i have ran every tire you can think of and i will say this i hate hate hate the sedonas,, i like the rovers they are hard to beat but i love love love my chisels.... but the you have to understand that the foam setup has a lot to do with it as well....

oh and at the comp i finished in the top ten so the chisels surprised a few people...

What is it about the sedona's you hate, just wondering? I like the chisels as well almost bought them but they looked like they would be a pain in the rear to get on the beed locks.
AZ-RS10XT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:06 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:

haha thanks bud. I have been running the memory foams since I got them, but I bought nova double dueces that I haven't had time to try yet. I think I might replace the "soft" ring with some memory foam though cut from the proline foams.

And yes AZ, the bead lock ring can be a real cork-soaker
The Jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:56 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

well i will here is thing about the sedonas.. i love the patern i love the size the side bite visualy i loved everything about them, until i got them on my rig, i tried every kind of set up you can think of with them and i could not get them to perform the way i thought they should, so after tons of trial i gave up,, so its my experience with them that i hate...
Old 06-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #15

Quote:
well i will here is thing about the sedonas.. i love the patern i love the size the side bite visualy i loved everything about them, until i got them on my rig, i tried every kind of set up you can think of with them and i could not get them to perform the way i thought they should, so after tons of trial i gave up,, so its my experience with them that i hate...
Gotcha! With the chisels on the stock beads was it difficult to get them tightened down all the way? I remember that's why I didn't get them as they were the ones I originally wanted !
AZ-RS10XT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:24 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

well in my opinion i have never has trouble getting my chisels off or on.. i have had this set for a while now i have had them on the sotck bead a set of vanquish rocksters, and two different set of axial xr10 wheels...