Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: big thumbs up for crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2011, 01:15 AM   #1

Talking big thumbs up for crawling

Just got my redcat rs10 xt 2 days ago and i am loving it!!!! im hooked, took it for a 2hr drive today and only reason i left was cause the misses wanted to go (going to have to build her a mrc or something ) i ended up getting with the cat , set of rover white dots, 2 mayhem servos and a cc bec and will be putting the servos on soon cause the front one has started clicking i have one other problem as well, the right hand front wheel when driving wobbles around as if it is buckled has anyone had that?? or is there a something playing up? it makes it pull to the right as well....... anyways ill take some photos as i start changing things and post them up
dcviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2011, 01:44 AM   #2

Congrats on getting the crawler but tough luck on the servo and wheel. Should be getting mine in a couple of weeks. Finally nice to be able to run longer than 15-20 mins on one battery. I'm hoping I can get hooked also. Tired of going fast, that just breaks things more easily.
red08yota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:20 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcviper View Post
i have one other problem as well, the right hand front wheel when driving wobbles around as if it is buckled has anyone had that?? or is there a something playing up? it makes it pull to the right as well....... anyways ill take some photos as i start changing things and post them up
This might sound silly, but the first thing I would check is to see if the nut that holds the right wheel on is tight or not. If it's tight, start a process of elimination. Remove the wheel, check the hex, axle, steering knuckle, inside of the hex on the wheel itself, etc...
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsowens View Post
This might sound silly, but the first thing I would check is to see if the nut that holds the right wheel on is tight or not. If it's tight, start a process of elimination. Remove the wheel, check the hex, axle, steering knuckle, inside of the hex on the wheel itself, etc...
yep i checked that the night before and no luck.... ill pull it down and have a look today when im cleaning it. i just didnt know what else to check.
thanks mate ill you posted on how it goes
Old 06-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by red08yota View Post
Congrats on getting the crawler but tough luck on the servo and wheel. Should be getting mine in a couple of weeks. Finally nice to be able to run longer than 15-20 mins on one battery. I'm hoping I can get hooked also. Tired of going fast, that just breaks things more easily.
I think you will love it, i was amazed how much fun i was having .
I've started to look at a baja 5b so hopefully if i get one i dont break to many things....
Old 06-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

If you've checked everything that owens mentioned, check your dogbone. It may have bent right at the end if you tried to power out of a bad bind. Although, I'm not convinced that a stock motor has enough power to achieve this. I did have this happen to me with 540 motors-I believe due to a little slop 'n slack in the axles. My symptoms were the same as yours-wobbling wheel.
crawlHTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:33 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

this may also sound silly but just a theory, white dot rovers are pretty thin rubber (mine are anyway) i have seen a little warp wobble out of mine when i first put them on because the foam got kinda wadded up more in one area than the others, if all of jsowens recomendations dont work, give this a check and try massageing the tired all around to try and even out the foam... just a thought...

the one good thing is, unlike nitros where a lil wheel woble and high speed equals disaster, crawlers dont go fast enough for a LITTLE wobble to be a big problem...i narrowed my stock wheels just to see if i could, gave one wobble and have never had it matter....
tyrod_emmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:38 AM   #8

pulled the wheels off today and had a quick look and everything seemed fine i'll pull the knuckle of and have a bit more of a look tomorrow. i also put the cc bec, mayhem servo and flipped the electronics tray over to lower it (probably pointless but the more weight low counts ) i went to put the rear servo in and found that one of the wires has been cut when i got it out of the pack and to rub salt in the wound after i took it for a drive this morning i noticed the bottom cap on the shock had unscrewed and i lost all my shock oil does anyone know what weight the stock shock oil is? i couldnt find anything in the manual..or since im buying some should i change all of the shocks to a complete different oil? started putting my rovers on as well and gave up on the second side of the rim...hopefully someone has a thread with some tricks for beads
Old 06-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

well if i was to guess i would say 30 weight oil because it is the most common stock weight that shocks use.. if you buy a bottle of oil you have more than enough to fill all the shocks with the same oil so you can be sure.
tyrod_emmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Go ahead and get yourself a bottle or two of shock oil. That way you can try out some different weights to your preference. Maybe like 30-35 and something heavier for experiment. And if you decide on getting just one bottle, you can expect it to last a very long time-so it's worth the 3-5 bucks you might pay for it in your lhs.
crawlHTX is offline   Reply With Quote