Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Bad motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Bad motor

Is there a place that sells the stock motors? The front one in my BRAND new RS10Xt is not any good, freezes up and won't turn...and yes, it is the motor, I am holding it in my hand as I type, well, it's laying in front of me!

Do I have to buy a whole set?
I need to order them right now so I can have it ready by Christams, HELP!!
I need a link, a source, somethigng for a stock motor or two aftermarket ones. Thanks.
OKJeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
RCC Addict

try red cat racing, all the parts and part numbers are in the manual. theres even a phone# and website. you have looked at the manual , right?
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #3

If you just bought your redcat, go to their website and fill out the warranty form, they will more than likely send you a new one free of charge...thats what I did.
baker3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:23 PM   #4
Fan of wheelspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker3 View Post
If you just bought your redcat, go to their website and fill out the warranty form, they will more than likely send you a new one free of charge...thats what I did.
Yup, Redcat is awesome on warranty claims. I had my servos strip and they sent me twp new kits. Just tell em and I'd almost be willing to bet you'll have a email within a day saying one is on its way
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
RCC Addict

look inside the vent holes on the bad motor, i'll bet the white plastic cooling fan came loose, i had one do the same thing take the butt end of the motor off, take the fan out,and throw it away then put the motor back together....it'll work fine, been running mine like that almost since i got it bout 6 months ago! you will see the fan movin when you try to turn it if it is loose
FATBOYrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Ditto on the cooling fan. Except I epoxied mine back in place.
1320Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320Fastback View Post
Ditto on the cooling fan. Except I epoxied mine back in place.
i knew someone else had this same problem just didnt remember who
Old 12-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Doesn't look like the fan. I went to the web sight and just ordered another motor so hopefully I will be good to go!

I also noticed to go in reverse, I have to push the trigger forward, let it come back, then push it forward again for it to back up, is this normal?
Old 12-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKJeepin View Post
Doesn't look like the fan. I went to the web sight and just ordered another motor so hopefully I will be good to go!

I also noticed to go in reverse, I have to push the trigger forward, let it come back, then push it forward again for it to back up, is this normal?
that means your esc is set on reverse delay. on the side of your esc, there is a little white switch. Switch it. That should make it run normal. If not, then there is something wrong.

As for motors. My fans melted inside the can, just smeered around the spindle. so when they caused problems, they came out through the vent holes in chunks. problem solved.
also, make sure the wires are still connected to the motors. as stock, the tires rub and tear the wires off.

Last edited by The Jackalope; 12-07-2011 at 07:41 PM.
The Jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackalope View Post
that means your esc is set on reverse delay. on the side of your esc, there is a little white switch. Switch it. That should make it run normal. If not, then there is something wrong.

As for motors. My fans melted inside the can, just smeered around the spindle. so when they caused problems, they came out through the vent holes in chunks. problem solved.
also, make sure the wires are still connected to the motors. as stock, the tires rub and tear the wires off.
that's so true, bout the wires, my opinion that is the only thing bout these crawlers i would ever complain bout, you would think they would have already corrected this problem instead of just suggesting that you "bend" the wires before you run it...that's what the memo stuck in the box with my sons when i opened it said to do
Old 12-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackalope View Post
that means your esc is set on reverse delay. on the side of your esc, there is a little white switch. Switch it. That should make it run normal.

Thanks, I'll get it a shot when (if) I get home this evening.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

My fan was alright until a buddy with a out of control Baja 5T tail whipped my RS10 30' thru the air.

Possible your ESC is starting to die also. My stock one lasted only a few batteries. (2s)
1320Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:07 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320Fastback View Post
My fan was alright until a buddy with a out of control Baja 5T tail whipped my RS10 30' thru the air.

Possible your ESC is starting to die also. My stock one lasted only a few batteries. (2s)
mine did also bout 3 months after i got it worked fine when i put it up, the next time i messed with it, it would work in forward fine, but moved real slow and no drag in reverse
Old 12-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Bad motor

Got the new motor in and it looks like I (my daughter) is good to go for Christmas morning!